News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Darren Bent for 8 Mil. Would you take him?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 04, 2013, 07:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

zschwartz

no, thanks. i think he's good for a few... but not many more than petric, dalla valle or trotta. i'd rather have benteke for 7...

TonyGilroy

I'd go to £6,567,983.27 but not a penny more.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

ahead of Jordan Rhodes at £6m?  - probably

..Kya.ffc..

6m would be the limit for me, 8m is a bit too much. The one striker I would love to see in a fulham shirt is John Guidetti, coming back from the virus and he was absolutely  :Haynes The Maestro: in Feyenoord. More then unlikely though.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Scrumpy

Whenever I watch him, he is always offside! Worse than Collins John.

He'd drive me to drink, I'm afraid, so it's a yes from me.  :015:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

twang

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 04, 2013, 08:44:04 PM

Exactly... If the manager wants the player then surely it won't matter if we pay £4m or £8m. Especially as it's more or less established that Fulham as a club don't really have a 'transfer kitty', like all the papers wants us to believe, but do things on a more player-by-player basis.

St Eve

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on January 04, 2013, 08:30:59 PM
Where else are you going to buy an experienced, proven, ENGLISH, premiership goalscoring striker for anywhere near £8m. He is only 27 too. I would take him at that price any day, especially with his past record of going on a brilliant scoring run when joining a new club.
He is 29 next month

tomcolemanfry

Too much money and we've got two decent back-ups in Petric and Rodallega. He'll be even cheaper, or even on a free, in the summer. Better to have another look at him in 6 months.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: tomcolemanfry on January 04, 2013, 09:19:52 PM
Too much money and we've got two decent back-ups in Petric and Rodallega. He'll be even cheaper, or even on a free, in the summer. Better to have another look at him in 6 months.

The difference between Bent and Rodallega will be seen in the goals scored column...

Julius Geezer

Yes £8 million at the most.

He's bound to get goals. He's a natural poacher.

Rodallega just hasn't got the kind of ability we need up front.

If Jol can get him in for under the asking price, tied up for the next few years and on a steady wage, we're laughing.

itombomb

Bent is worth 8 mill (he is a 15+ league goals a season striker if he is the man), but he isn't worth that to us because our own needs are elsewhere and the way he wouldn't fit with the players we have.

HatterDon

any more of these and I think we're going to need a new major forum category called "Darren Bent." I think this must be the 8th or 9th thread. Have we suddenly lost the ability to look at the existing threads and comment on them?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nevzter

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 04, 2013, 08:44:04 PM

At that number, it's a good piece of business.  I like the cut of your jib. 

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

MikeCdawg

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on January 04, 2013, 08:30:59 PM
Where else are you going to buy an experienced, proven, ENGLISH, premiership goalscoring striker for anywhere near £8m. He is only 27 too. I would take him at that price any day, especially with his past record of going on a brilliant scoring run when joining a new club.

He's 29 next month and it doesn't matter if he's English. If he scores goals, is good enough for fulham and combines well with the Bulgarian, that's all that really matters.

bulgariawhite

My immediate thought is he could turn out to be another Andy Johnson faux par at 8m. Will we really get a footballing return on the money. To me it would be a big gamble, despite his scoring record. 4/5m would be nearer the mark

Ordar

If we can offer 6 plus 2 on performance then I'd definitely take him. He's proven to score lots of goals given the service. We don't need a striker who drops deep as Berbatov and Ruiz constantly do that.

It would be interesting how we'd fit him into the side.

-----------------Butland--------
Reither--Hangeland--Forren--Briggs
----------Boateng-----Ruiz-----
Dejegah------------------------Kaca
---------------------Berbatov---
----------Bent-------------------

MJG

He scores goals FACT
so yes I would buy him for a deal amounting to £8M

Thamesbank