more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It has to be said.......

Started by bugsy, January 05, 2013, 06:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 05, 2013, 09:31:38 PM
Berbatov was very isolated as Ruiz was generally playing very deep.  We do much better when they keep close.

I think the opposite is true. We need one in midfield to supply the other further forward.

As it is they get in each others way and there's not enough happening nearer goal.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Ah to have a couple of free flowing mid fielders & forwards able to dribble round the opposition,run @ them & terrify them,one to score lots of goals,the other to score the occasional goal,provide lots of assists,make crucial tackles,support the team,help out the defence,etc etc
Oh hang on - we did have them but we sold them - DOH!
We didn't have any plan B to replace them either even though we knew that their contracts were virtually up
Still @ least we are in the January transfer window so we can do something - we can can't we?
Oh but our manager says it will all be fine because our injured players will be back soon & we only need one or two new faces because it's a bad time to buy...
I am a thunderstorm,I have lovers but I need warriors,I am disappointed because we deserved better,we should have scored more, - yada,yada - MJ please change the record
Anyway,well done Stockdale,one ray of sunshine in another poor performance & result
Great interview as well - he seems to show his heart is firmly with FFC so it's not all bad then
Focus on the other teams weaknesses & play to our strengths (but work out what these are fast!)

Berserker

I'm interested in the ' Jol has lovers' in the plural comment!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

It has to be said that our lack of pace going forward, Berbatov slowing everything down even more and our lack of penetration was said from day one. But because we went through a fine period of play people were ignored up to a point because things were going well.

Well they aint now and the problems still remain. Cannot see things changing and a struggle all season simply because the club don't want to gamble on spending money so are gambling on old players staying fit until younger players come through. When they will be good enough to sell to bigger teams.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 05, 2013, 11:37:02 PM
It has to be said that our lack of pace going forward, Berbatov slowing everything down even more and our lack of penetration was said from day one. But because we went through a fine period of play people were ignored up to a point because things were going well.

Well they aint now and the problems still remain. Cannot see things changing and a struggle all season simply because the club don't want to gamble on spending money so are gambling on old players staying fit until younger players come through. When they will be good enough to sell to bigger teams.

It's disturbing to me that you and I keep agreeing about all things football. Thank god there's politics, or the world wouldn't need both of us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Yep i'm concerned as i agree with both of you, well about Fulham football, probably not about  the P word.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on January 05, 2013, 11:52:30 PM

It's disturbing to me that you and I keep agreeing about all things football.

:plus one:  I'm finding the same.......what up?!

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 06, 2013, 03:19:14 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 05, 2013, 11:52:30 PM

It's disturbing to me that you and I keep agreeing about all things football.

:plus one:  I'm finding the same.......what up?!

I know. Scary, right?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 05, 2013, 10:34:52 PM
Ah to have a couple of free flowing mid fielders & forwards able to dribble round the opposition,run @ them & terrify them,one to score lots of goals,the other to score the occasional goal,provide lots of assists,make crucial tackles,support the team,help out the defence,etc etc
We didn't have any plan B to replace them either even though we knew that their contracts were virtually up
Still @ least we are in the January transfer window so we can do something - we can can't we?
Oh but our manager says it will all be fine because our injured players will be back soon & we only need one or two new faces because it's a bad time to buy...
I am a thunderstorm,I have lovers but I need warriors,I am disappointed because we deserved better,we should have scored more, - yada,yada - MJ please change the record
Anyway,well done Stockdale,one ray of sunshine in another poor performance & result
Great interview as well - he seems to show his heart is firmly with FFC so it's not all bad then
Focus on the other teams weaknesses & play to our strengths (but work out what these are fast!)

How many times does it need saying there was no choice with Dembele, he said he was staying then bam in come spurs with the buy out fee and off he goes,  really commited to Fulham, he was here for one reason and one reason only to get to a "bigger" club, Dempsey made it perfectly clear he did not want to play for Fulham, so really not much choice for either of them but to let them go.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: alfie on January 06, 2013, 09:16:05 AM

How many times does it need saying there was no choice with Dembele, he said he was staying then bam in come spurs with the buy out fee and off he goes,  really commited to Fulham, he was here for one reason and one reason only to get to a "bigger" club, Dempsey made it perfectly clear he did not want to play for Fulham, so really not much choice for either of them but to let them go.

Absolutely correct & I am full agreement with you Alfie
What I am trying to draw attention to is the fact that knowing this would happen (& risk getting nothing for the two players rather than £22m for sellling when we did) there was a massive failure by Jol & the Board to plan & acquire the D & D replacements
They are the ones who know the existing contract arrangements,buy out clauses & players "feelings" about staying or leaving
They have the scouting system & replacement planning in place
Allowing it to happen just @ & after the start of the season is appalling!
It should have been sorted 12 months before with suitable replacements already lined up & then we get funds to acquire them
Posters all over this board are suggesting mid field & forward additions who will add the approriate quality,not get in each others way,be creative,run @ the opposition etc etc
Fact was we had that in the two DD's & allowed them to disappear
Agreed it had to happen but why fail to plan for the impact?
No sensible employer would run a business like that,if they did then they would face the consequences
But the good news is we still have 3 weeks of January left to sort it - er we do don't we?
Risky to wait until the beautiful summer when there are loads of Bosman's & loan acquisitions to sign up (n.b.not my words!)
3 weeks & counting - we are not out of relegation danger just yet!

ron

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 05, 2013, 10:20:13 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on January 05, 2013, 09:31:38 PM
Berbatov was very isolated as Ruiz was generally playing very deep.  We do much better when they keep close.

I think the opposite is true. We need one in midfield to supply the other further forward.

As it is they get in each others way and there's not enough happening nearer goal.

Agree. The priority must surely be to get Berbatov forward where he can do what he built a reputation on, and get hold of a quality attacking midfielder to augment Ruiz, and make sure Berba gets service.

Scrumpy

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 06, 2013, 11:14:41 AM
Quote from: alfie on January 06, 2013, 09:16:05 AM

How many times does it need saying there was no choice with Dembele, he said he was staying then bam in come spurs with the buy out fee and off he goes,  really commited to Fulham, he was here for one reason and one reason only to get to a "bigger" club, Dempsey made it perfectly clear he did not want to play for Fulham, so really not much choice for either of them but to let them go.

Absolutely correct & I am full agreement with you Alfie
What I am trying to draw attention to is the fact that knowing this would happen (& risk getting nothing for the two players rather than £22m for sellling when we did) there was a massive failure by Jol & the Board to plan & acquire the D & D replacements
They are the ones who know the existing contract arrangements,buy out clauses & players "feelings" about staying or leaving
They have the scouting system & replacement planning in place
Allowing it to happen just @ & after the start of the season is appalling!
It should have been sorted 12 months before with suitable replacements already lined up & then we get funds to acquire them
Posters all over this board are suggesting mid field & forward additions who will add the approriate quality,not get in each others way,be creative,run @ the opposition etc etc
Fact was we had that in the two DD's & allowed them to disappear
Agreed it had to happen but why fail to plan for the impact?
No sensible employer would run a business like that,if they did then they would face the consequences
But the good news is we still have 3 weeks of January left to sort it - er we do don't we?
Risky to wait until the beautiful summer when there are loads of Bosman's & loan acquisitions to sign up (n.b.not my words!)
3 weeks & counting - we are not out of relegation danger just yet!
A lot of good points Vic. Can I just mention that it takes as much effort to hit 2 keys 'a' and 't' as it does to hit 'shift' and '@'?! I am all for time-saving abbreviations, but this makes no sense to my small, logical mind. fp.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Bumpy

Let's be honest, this FA Cup thing has lost it's zing.  The foreign players are as excited and up for it as many of the rest of us to whom it's become a sponsor's corporate wang.  They expect to progress as far as the fifth round and then wonder what it was all about.  They have no boyhood memories of scoring the winning goal at Wembley - through the jumpers and jackets.

They aren't going to break a leg for a foreign cup when it's the Prem they really want to play in.  And the manager and board aren't going to want them to unless we have have a squad deep enough to cover.  Plus the money's just not in it.

Most (PL) fans these days couldn't give a toss about this or any other non-European trophy any more until we're in the semi/final.  It used to be the fans' cup.  But that was before the people who started winning were each earning enough to pay for a house, with cash, every week.

It's gone.  Let it go in peace and just remember the good old days when it actually meant something.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Count Berbatov on January 05, 2013, 07:17:19 PM
When Ronaldo was at Man Utd, Rooney and Tevez, not to mention Nani and Valencia, there's always a lot of speed and movement. He's used to that. He expects players to start moving once he gets the ball.
It does however begin with keeping possession all this. And after certain players left, there's where Fulham struggles
Don't get mad at him for wanting to keep the ball. The wingers and attacking midfielders, fullbacks...should start moving and attacking the space.
Sometimes I think they lack match fitness or are simply afraid to believe in their own abilities to keep the ball or make tha pass or shoot...
I think you hit the nail on the head, Reither seems to be the only player willing to make runs who is confident he can get back in position if the ball does not come.
In this last few months all the players seem reluctant to commit to making runs or breaking out. We have pace in the team, certainly more than last year as you couldn't describe either Zamorra or Dempsey as lightning quick but none of the players seem to want to test their pace.
Earlier in the season we were breaking and finishing at speed I can only think its confidence which has been undermined by the amount of sloppy goals we have given away this season especially since the downturn in the results

A Humble Man

We have become very defensive in outlook and reluctant to try the progressive pass for fear of it going wrong, though paradoxically we are happy to pump long balls to no one in particular.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

zzamora

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 06, 2013, 04:24:43 PM
We have become very defensive in outlook and reluctant to try the progressive pass for fear of it going wrong, though paradoxically we are happy to pump long balls to no one in particular.

A question for you, my good sir.

If the opposition doesn't have the ball, can they score?