watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good TV Shows

Started by Jack Fulham, January 08, 2013, 10:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Moon

The problem with Game of Thrones is that we've had to wait a year for the 3rd season. I made the 'mistake' of watching 1 & 2 in 2-3 days, only to be pee'd off because I had to wait a whole year for more!

EJL

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 08, 2013, 11:30:04 PM
Quote from: EJL on January 08, 2013, 11:11:52 PM
A lighter programme (Breaking Bad can get quite heavy as Walter becomes darker and darker) is Chuck. One of my favourites. Spy themed, attractive girls and characters that are easy to love. I must go back and watch it.

Yvonne Strahotski is LUDICROUS!
That play on words didn't go unnoticed, sir  :dft012:

You're right, though. She's off the scale hot  098.gif

Quote from: Mr_Moon on January 09, 2013, 12:03:11 AM
The problem with Game of Thrones is that we've had to wait a year for the 3rd season. I made the 'mistake' of watching 1 & 2 in 2-3 days, only to be pee'd off because I had to wait a whole year for more!
I feel your pain. Still six months to go until Breaking Bad season 5.5.

Quote from: Gotta kaca them all on January 08, 2013, 11:37:49 PM
Breaking bad is literally the best show ever, started watching it a few days ago on the 3rd season already
It really is just 'one of those' TV series.

Once you start watching it, everything in your life goes on hold until you've finished the whole lot. Always annoys me when I religiously watch a show for about a week straight and then I have nothing to watch.

Snibbo

Deadwood was about the best TV I've seen.  Sopranos and The Wire up there too.

Recently enjoyed Boardwalk Empire - might be a bit slow for some, but great TV.

I watched 2 seasons of Breaking Bad - tried start of season 3 and just felt like I'd had enough.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 08, 2013, 10:37:52 PM
So, I just finished all the 5 season's of the Wire.

What next? Breaking Bad?

These shows about drugs seem very addictive.

What do you guys suggest?

Lucky, lucky guy. Would be great to be able to watch The Wire for the first time again. Some shows are just that good. Bubs, Jimmy, Bunk, Omar, Stringer, Lester, Bunny, Cuddy, Bodie and on and on. Man, what a show and cast of characters...

For my money, Deadwood is a good recommendation. Very underrated show with fantastic writing. A dumb cancellation by HBO.

IranianCottager

Pretty Little Liars! Lol, jk. All of the girls at my school are obsessed with it...

I like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, The Office (until Steve Carrel left), and Two and a Half Men (until Charlie Sheen left).

MJG

Walking Dead(started great, fell away second series, third series the best so far), 30 Rock (only 2 or 3 episodes left in the last series), Homeland (where does it go now?)

Was enjoying the Last resort but of course it got cancelled just like Awake did.

Breaking Bad & GOT are sitting on my hard drive awaiting me to find time to watch all of them to catch up.

A Humble Man

I am amazed so many people like American TV programmes I find them all so slick, turgid and full of the f word for no good reason.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

MJG

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 09, 2013, 07:25:38 AM
I am amazed so many people like American TV programmes I find them all so slick, turgid and full of the f word for no good reason.
A few US programes are good as I have listed. A large majority are pretty crap as well.

We produced some excellent tv last year. 'In the line of duty' was for me the best series of last year and was must watch tv. But we don't make enough good quality addictive shows. When we dont hey last only about 5/6 episodes. Secret State was another good 4 part series.

Must admit I have a real problem with ITV. The number of adverts just kill most of their drama shows. Hence a lot of US shows I download and run 42 minutes without ads and I enjoy them more.
HBO can also get away with a lot more flexibility in running times, giving them longer for character development.

atleTheodor

If you like The Wire, I bet you'd also like OZ.

HBO's first "1-hour episodes". TV Series. A lot (a LOT!) of the same actors from The Wire are in it. It starts a bit wierd, but it really, really, picks up after 5/6 episodes. Great show.

I'd also advise you to see The Corner (somewhat of a prequel to The Wire, also made by David Simon).

Treme is also a good show.
'Ted' abroad. 'Atle' in Norway.

Half Norwegian, half Londoner
----------------------------
Still believe!

PLB

Quote from: Mr_Moon on January 09, 2013, 12:03:11 AM

You should try reading the books! I waited 2 years for the last one to come out (He actually took about 5 to write it but I only discovered the series about 3 years ago). The next book hopefully won't take another 5 years!

But the series is excellent and Peter Dinklage is a fine actor. They've chopped and changed the book a little(for example, Renly, Loras and Margaery offer of threesome - WTF?!), but I guess that was to be expected...

Dragons, wizards and knights in shining armour isn'tusually my cup of tea but about 100 pages in to the first of the books, I was hooked.

farfouille

Oh, this is my strength - I am a TV series maniac. My personal top 10 is:

1. Mad Men
2. Homeland
3. Dexter
4. Breaking Bad
5. The Walking Dead
6. The Vampire Diaries
7. Misfits
8. American Horror Story
9. El Barco
10. Game of Thrones

From the old ones I can mention Prison Break, Lost and FlashForward.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

rusty shackleford

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on January 08, 2013, 10:54:02 PM
Breaking Bad is the best show ever.

The Shield is the best show ever. Breaking Bad might be if it has a good ending

rusty shackleford

Quote from: farfouille on January 09, 2013, 09:51:33 AM

1. Mad Men
2. Homeland
3. Dexter
4. Breaking Bad
5. The Walking Dead
6. The Vampire Diaries
7. Misfits
8. American Horror Story
9. El Barco
10. Game of Thrones

Top Ten Drama:

1. The Shield
2. Breaking Bad
3. Sopranos
4. American Horror Story
5. The Wire
6. Dexter
7. Mad Men
8. Sons of Anarchy
9. Deadwood
10. Boardwalk Empire

Comedy:

1. Curb Your Enthusiasm
2. The Office (us)
3. Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
4. Trailer Park Boys
5. Arrested Development
6. Futurama
7. The League
8. Parks and Recreation
9. The Life and Times of Tim
10. Eastbound & Down

Burt

Never heard of most of these  092.gif

brightster

My personal favourites at the moment are Homeland, Broadwalk Empire, Sopranos, Spooks and True Blood.

EJL

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 09, 2013, 07:25:38 AM
I get where you're coming from. Usually the only American shows I can't stand are the ones packed with needless product placement e.g. Hawaii 5-0

Lighthouse

Oh come on why hasn't GLEE been mentioned?  :Get Coat gif:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

farfouille

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 09, 2013, 09:56:50 AM
Quote from: shnlwswlkr on January 08, 2013, 10:54:02 PM
Breaking Bad is the best show ever.

The Shield is the best show ever. Breaking Bad might be if it has a good ending

Everyone is mentioning The Shield, so I am starting it today. :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

A Humble Man

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 09, 2013, 10:02:14 AM
Quote from: farfouille on January 09, 2013, 09:51:33 AM

1. Mad Men
2. Homeland
3. Dexter
4. Breaking Bad
5. The Walking Dead
6. The Vampire Diaries
7. Misfits
8. American Horror Story
9. El Barco
10. Game of Thrones

Top Ten Drama:

1. The Shield
2. Breaking Bad
3. Sopranos
4. American Horror Story
5. The Wire
6. Dexter
7. Mad Men
8. Sons of Anarchy
9. Deadwood
10. Boardwalk Empire

Comedy:

1. Curb Your Enthusiasm
2. The Office (us)
3. Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
4. Trailer Park Boys
5. Arrested Development
6. Futurama
7. The League
8. Parks and Recreation
9. The Life and Times of Tim
10. Eastbound & Down

I have not seen any of the programmes on either of these lists but do not feel I am missing anything.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

rusty shackleford