watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good TV Shows

Started by Jack Fulham, January 08, 2013, 10:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

So, I just finished all the 5 season's of the Wire.

What next? Breaking Bad?

These shows about drugs seem very addictive.

What do you guys suggest?

Mr_Moon

Mad Men

You'll be slicking your hair back every time you come out of the shower and ordering Canadian Club whisky at the bar.

Also Roy likes it.

Travers Barney

Cheers is just sensational....watched it back yonder but its funnier than ever now in 2013.

On the flip side makes me sad watching it now.

Shelley Long.

I need Frasier to analyse.

coyw
We are the whites

shnlwswlkr

Breaking Bad is the best show ever.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

mr-ska

Life on Mars or Ashes to Ashes are my favourite box sets.

Burt

TWFL

Some good American series starting back-up at the moment. Suits is one and Community another. Community is especially an amazing show imo, slow to begin with but you easily become hooked on it.

EJL

Breaking Ba
Quote from: shnlwswlkr on January 08, 2013, 10:54:02 PM
Breaking Bad is the best show ever.
The best ever?

A lighter programme (Breaking Bad can get quite heavy as Walter becomes darker and darker) is Chuck. One of my favourites. Spy themed, attractive girls and characters that are easy to love. I must go back and watch it.

I'm a sap for Merlin, Robin Hood and Dr Who as well; my guilty pleasures.

Mr_Moon

Anyone been watching Ripper? (I think it's called that) Quite intrigued but haven't seen it yet.

Berserker

I was just going to mention that, think it's Ripper Street
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

I like crime stuff though, The Killing (Swedish Version), Spiral (French Version), Homeland
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Ripper Street first two episodes I enjoyed I must admit.

Those That Kill and Spiral are both good French series

The Killing was ok and like Homeland suffers a bit with the hype.

Borgen another Danish (?) series is back on and a good Political series.

Justified, The Shield (much better than the over hyped The Wire) and a few good US shows about.  Breaking Bad is very good (now on Netflix UK)
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Quote from: EJL on January 08, 2013, 11:11:52 PM
A lighter programme (Breaking Bad can get quite heavy as Walter becomes darker and darker) is Chuck. One of my favourites. Spy themed, attractive girls and characters that are easy to love. I must go back and watch it.

Yvonne Strahotski is LUDICROUS!

Back on topic, Community is awesome as above, Suits is good fun too, as is Chuck.  Dexter is pretty cool too, although it can be pretty bleak at times (you may want something lighter after BB).  Castle is good fun, mainly cos Nathan Fillion is pretty much god, and you can include the upsettingly brief Firefly as another one worth watching (could probably buy it for £5 or so).  Sons of Anarchy is fantastic, granted the first few episodes suffer from being grainy (or at least my... acquired copies did).  Suburgatory is light-hearted fun as well.  Person of Interest s pretty cool too, Minority Report-ey in theme, and by the other Nolan brother.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 08, 2013, 10:37:52 PM
So, I just finished all the 5 season's of the Wire.

What next? Breaking Bad?

These shows about drugs seem very addictive.

What do you guys suggest?

Breaking Bad is very very good. I'm watching Deadwood at the moment also very good. You may want to check out some of the other stuff David Simon has done as well.

TWFL

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 08, 2013, 11:30:04 PM
Quote from: EJL on January 08, 2013, 11:11:52 PM

Yvonne Strahotski is LUDICROUS!

Pretty much main reason I started watching the show. It turned into a great series although thought they ran out of ideas towards the end.

McBridefan1

I actually like the walking dead, how I met your mother, the league makes me laugh as do thirty rock , Tosh.0 and the wedding band. Real time with bill maher is my favourite. I can't wait for game of thrones, the newsroom and true blood. Treme is cool if you like jazz and new orleans. Last but one of the best is Dexter...

Gotta kaca them all

Breaking bad is literally the best show ever, started watching it a few days ago on the 3rd season already

God The Mechanic

Quote from: McBridefan1 on January 08, 2013, 11:35:24 PM
I actually like the walking dead, how I met your mother, the league makes me laugh as do thirty rock , Tosh.0 and the wedding band. Real time with bill maher is my favourite. I can't wait for game of thrones, the newsroom and true blood. Treme is cool if you like jazz and new orleans. Last but one of the best is Dexter...

HIMYM was awesome, but they kinda need to start getting somewhere with it soon.

Can't believe I forgot about Game of Thrones though.  Midgets, sex and swords - proper awesome!

..Kya.ffc..

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 08, 2013, 11:44:06 PM
Can't believe I forgot about Game of Thrones though.  Midgets, sex and swords - proper awesome!

I second that :54:
Beers may have been involved in this post.

fulhampa23

Homeland and Dexter on Showtime are a must, also GAME OF THRONES!!!!!. Hope you liked The Wire, it is ahead of all other series, except maybe Band of Brothers.
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland