watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Romelu Lukaku

Started by JackyFulham90, January 09, 2013, 10:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I am pretty happy with our attacking options we have a lot of quality in Berbatov , Petric , Ruiz & Rodallega but I can't help but feel we missed out on Lukaku, he is a physical presence which we have sometimes lacked but has a good turn of pace aswell, he would have been great for us for the season, I was thinking about similar types of players what about Mbokani?

Lighthouse

Yes agree we need a tall striker with pace and Lukaku always looks very good. We are badly missing that option.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Apprentice to the Maestro

I am really surprised that Chelsea have bought Ba when they have paid £18m for Lukaku. Yes, Lukaku is not the finished product but he has lots of skills and seems willing to learn. We should consider putting in a £10m bid in the summer.

EJL

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 09, 2013, 11:06:26 PM
I am really surprised that Chelsea have bought Ba when they have paid £18m for Lukaku. Yes, Lukaku is not the finished product but he has lots of skills and seems willing to learn. We should consider putting in a £10m bid in the summer.
And maybe Chelsea will consider taking a near £10 million loss on him?

In all seriousness, he'll be another young player who's career goes on hold for a few years because of Chelsea's BS. They've done it with many a player; praying that they don't mess about with McEachran too.

tomcolemanfry

Berbatov and Lukaku up front would have been different class.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: EJL on January 09, 2013, 11:12:45 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 09, 2013, 11:06:26 PM
And maybe Chelsea will consider taking a near £10 million loss on him?

In all seriousness, he'll be another young player who's career goes on hold for a few years because of Chelsea's BS. They've done it with many a player; praying that they don't mess about with McEachran too.

Chelsea have let Drogba go. They have sold Sturridge. They will not be renewing Lampard's contract. Man. Utd. sold Berbatov. Who knows what will happen if you ask?

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 10, 2013, 12:05:03 AM

Chelsea have let Drogba go. They have sold Sturridge. They will not be renewing Lampard's contract. Man. Utd. sold Berbatov. Who knows what will happen if you ask?

Lukaku was signed when the Financial Fairplay (FFP) on wages had already come into effect. In the eyes of the FFP, Lampard's wages are 0 as his contract was signed before a certain point. If Chelsea renew then they're adding a lot onto their total, hence why Drogba went.

There's no incentive for Chelsea to sell Lukaku.

Bassey the warrior

In retrospect he would've been an excellent signing. Shame we didn't go for him.

CurryForMario

To be honest, LOTS of Club's would love Lukaku, including Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. He really showed his class against us. Absolute Tank of a player.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: The Moose on January 10, 2013, 01:13:46 AM
In retrospect he would've been an excellent signing. Shame we didn't go for him.

I thought we did but either he or Chelsea turned us down.

simplyfulham

.. He has got possibly the worst first touch of any premiership footballer I've witnessed.

I'm including Ian Pearce and Knightmare in that too ;)

sipwell

Lukaku was snapped up by Chelsea before everyone else could take hold of him. He was however still a work in progress. The Belgian national manager told him at one point that he will need to play in order to be selected and that has only been strengthened by the fact that Benteke has developed into a remarkable striker. I think that Lukaku will ask to go on loan in the next season as well, especially since the World Cup is approaching (and Belgium has a chance to qualify). We should ask to loan him next season and ask it now!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

God The Mechanic

I'm guessing West Brom benefitted from Steve Clarke's Chelsea links, something Fulham don't have.  If he were to go on loan again I'd imagine i'd be at West Brom again, especially as they have a decent chance of Europe at the moment.

Peabody

As Tony Gilroy said, we did go for him on loan last close season but he turned us down in favour of going to WBA.