Main Menu

Schwarzer fit.......

Started by Jambo, January 11, 2013, 05:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would YOU pick in goal tomorrow?

Schwarzer
Stockdale

Jambo

This is not who do you think Jol will start with tomorrow but who would you start with.......
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

JackyFulham90

Stockdale deserves a run of games

Danny

SouthfieldWhite

ffc73

Bassey the warrior

Schwarzer won't be number 1 next season, so it's time to give other's a chance. Hopefully we get a new keeper in but until then Stocky should get a chance.

CurryForMario

Stockdale. He made up for his mistakes with a great performance against West Brom - you can't drop the guy as soon as Schwarzer is fit. That's just not fair.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

SouthfieldWhite

Until relegation is mathematically  not an issues, then you have to go with your strongest team, and I'm afraid in my opinion that's still Schwarzer, I feel less nervous when Schwarzer is between the sticks

Travers Barney

Stockdale will be in goal tomorrow I would imagine and probably rightly so but until he starts commanding his area he'll never be in the same league as the Australian.

coyw
We are the whites

ClarksOriginal

@sonikkicks on Twitter.

OldBrownShoe

Rodney Marsh! For those that remember.

Ok seriously Stockdale.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

The Bronsons

In most respects Schwarzer is still a top keeper, but his lack of quick distribution exacerbates our deficiencies in midfield and our lack of effective movement up front. This is the only position we can do something about (at the moment), so I'd keep Stockdale. He releases the ball quicker and more accurately and we get to move forward before the opposition are all back in position.

JIMMY D

It has to be big Mark! World class keeper. Stockdale only a good keeper.

filham

If Schwarzer is 100% fit and has performed well in training then play him in what is a game that must be looked upon a a relegation 6 pointer, we need his experience.

TonyGilroy

Is there any truth in the stories of our interest in Stecklenburg and/or Butland?

If "yes" then we are clearly looking to replace Schwarzer now so we might as well keep Stockdale in goal.

If "no" then Mark remains our number one.

Burt

Stockdale. He needs to be given the opportunities to show that he is worthy of taking on the #1 jersey. He won't get that by sitting on the bench.

farfouille

Unbelievable, 2/3 voted for Stockdale when we got beaten by Swansea mainly because of him... You don't see how important the goalkeeper is until you play someone like Stockdale...
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

EJL

Quote from: farfouille on January 12, 2013, 10:50:58 AM
Unbelievable, 2/3 voted for Stockdale when we got beaten by Swansea mainly because of him... You don't see how important the goalkeeper is until you play someone like Stockdale...
Yep, he made some mistakes; so does every keeper, even precious Mark.  It was Stockdale's first game in half a year for us when we played Swansea so nerves are understandable, especially when he knows it's his chance to become number one.

ffc73

I understand where you are coming from farfouille but....

this blame culture seems to forget the ineffective forward movement, passes and/or spurned opportunities by outfield players.  Had we been more effective in the final third in the Swansea game then Stockdale's error/s would not have cost us the game.

The forward problem still exists (Blackpool last week) but Stockdale has not made the same mistakes and his distribution at WBA and against Blackpool was more accurate and effective than Schwarzers.  No-one seems to be calling for Ruiz (hit cross bar when should have scored) or Berbatov (no.9 playing in the middle third) to be dropped now that Petric is fit so I don't see why Stockdale should be dropped instantly Schwarzer is fit

michaelread

as someone who is a big big schwarzer supporter (still think he is the better goalkeeper) i would put stockers in for this match and let him play himself into some form and give him a real look. Mark is still a better keeper but i truly do think this is his last year.