watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Wigan matchday thread

Started by Burt, January 12, 2013, 10:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luffy86

Even if we get a late winner, it doesn't make up for these gutless performances week in' week out'!!

Count Berbatov

I wonder what Jol is saying to the team before the game.
Or is it something else. Such a mediocre display by all. Tired perhaps?
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Lighthouse

Saints winning, Reading win from two goals down.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berbasilk_111

Jol is useless, almost every player in that pitch looks a shadow of who they are in terms of ability

grandad

You can´t blame Jol all the time. He can only do with the players he has. Most of them are so assured of their places as they know there is little competition. The board are at fault over the last few years for not strengthening our squad. Come on Mo. give Jol the tools & he will do the job.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham_Surrey

we sucked badly.  Clattenburg showed again that he is the worst referee in the league.

Bassey the warrior

Poor, very very poor. Jol was far too stubborn today. He tried something out and it didn't work and he was far too stubborn to change things. In retrospect the Wigan goal shouldn't have stood but it's no less than they deserve.
We need signings NOW. Jol can't do what he wants to with this set of players.

Count Berbatov

Well deserved Wigan.

Fulham are in a mini crisis.

Good luck hope it doesn't last long
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Enter the Frei

awful second half, Riether for their goal has to do better and get tighter to Di Santo. Berbs went missing today, Ruiz was wasteful in possession and it didn't work with him in centre midfield at all.

One bright point was Richardson, much better today and was one of the better performances we've had from a left back this season.

CanadianCottager

Christ almighty... Not sure what the idea was today. Petric was awful, Ruiz was completely wasted in the midfield, Duff disappeared completely after the first 15 minutes, Hughes of all people was just plain terrible, and to think I woke up early Saturday morning for this...

supersimmo123

Bassey the warrior

If there's a bright side I thought Richardson looked pretty good at left back and Karagounis was a beast out there. He did what Dembele used to do, make lots of runs from deep to drive us forward.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: premFlem on January 12, 2013, 04:52:36 PM
Quote from: FulhamPHX on January 12, 2013, 04:45:50 PM
This is sickening.  What do we work on during training?  Do we just watch movies?  We obviously don't train.
Funny thats exactly what I was thinking.

Im very depressed but this actually made me giggle

itombomb

Quote from: grandad on January 12, 2013, 04:57:26 PM
You can´t blame Jol all the time. He can only do with the players he has. Most of them are so assured of their places as they know there is little competition. The board are at fault over the last few years for not strengthening our squad. Come on Mo. give Jol the tools & he will do the job.
I don't disagree with you that we have to rely on some very poor players, but still Jol's use of the bench is consistently terrible.

cebu

We really missed Sidwell in midfield - the commitment and energy!

Snibbo

Yes, Richardson the only bright spot. Looked pretty good at LB.
Schwarzer some good saves, but continues to consistently punt the ball straight to the opposition.
Hughes ok but muscled off the ball a few times and could have cost us.
Hangers is a shadow of his former self.
Rodders did nothing right in his short appearance.
Baird continued his crap form.
Duff and Riether seemed to forget how to combine.
Berb did little
Ruiz lost the ball far too often.
Kara ok in patches.
Kaca not ready for the first team.

itombomb

Quote from: The Moose on January 12, 2013, 05:02:03 PM
If there's a bright side I thought Richardson looked pretty good at left back and Karagounis was a beast out there. He did what Dembele used to do, make lots of runs from deep to drive us forward.
He was nowhere without the ball though, consistently out of position with Ruiz, leaving huge amounts of space between midfield and defences.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: cebu on January 12, 2013, 05:03:55 PM
We really missed Sidwell in midfield - the commitment and energy!

Well more for just the ability to win a tackle.

Berbasilk_111

Off the line clearance?? Can someone tell me about it? I didn't see

Danny