watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodders

Started by westcliff white, January 12, 2013, 04:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

i am sorry i just cant see what he gives to us, we looked terrible when the ball went in to him. He even tackled richardson as he went to run by him after about 65 minutes.
Every day is a Fulham day

Bassey the warrior

Agreed. He was awful today.

St Eve

I am done with him now. I gave him a chance and he just is not good enough

cebu

We managed to look terrible before Rodallega came on!

westcliff white

maybe cebu but we were wining and keeping the ball. he just gave it away because he cant pass. he has pace but that's it, ball over the top is good if you have pace but then you need the skill to go with it, every time he ran the channel to get the ball he managed to pass to no one, to wigan or just run out of play.

CanadianCottager

One of many players who did not have a day to look fondly back on, at least he has the excuse that he only played 30 minutes.

Lighthouse

Madness picking on a sub who touched the ball more times than Petric. Berbatov was awful and kept giving the ball away. Do we blame him? No we just have to attack players and pretending that the odd player is the problem. Give Rodders decent balls and he may play well.

Did you see Baird and that easy cross into the area that went MILES over the bar? So many poor performances that picking on Rodders make little sense to me.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CanadianCottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 12, 2013, 05:30:25 PM
Madness picking on a sub who touched the ball more times than Petric. Berbatov was awful and kept giving the ball away. Do we blame him? No we just have to attack players and pretending that the odd player is the problem. Give Rodders decent balls and he may play well.

Did you see Baird and that easy cross into the area that went MILES over the bar? So many poor performances that picking on Rodders make little sense to me.

Shh stop being sensible, you're ruining the fun of scapegoating. Come now, next you're going to say that Berba and Petric touched the ball less than Mark Clattenburg today, or that Duff burnt out quicker than a match doused in lighter fluid, or that Hughes got skinned worse than a beaver up at Hudson's Bay, or anything else that actually impacted the game.

hongkongfulham

this forum has made me hate the word scapegoat...

itombomb

He's not very good, far from the core problem though.

Lighthouse

Quote from: CanadianCottager on January 12, 2013, 05:35:19 PM

Shh stop being sensible, you're ruining the fun of scapegoating. Come now, next you're going to say that Berba and Petric touched the ball less than Mark Clattenburg today, or that Duff burnt out quicker than a match doused in lighter fluid, or that Hughes got skinned worse than a beaver up at Hudson's Bay, or anything else that actually impacted the game.

065.gif  Sometimes it is nice to take a step back and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cebu

Quote from: westcliff white on January 12, 2013, 05:24:30 PM
maybe cebu but we were wining and keeping the ball. he just gave it away because he cant pass. he has pace but that's it, ball over the top is good if you have pace but then you need the skill to go with it, every time he ran the channel to get the ball he managed to pass to no one, to wigan or just run out of play.

I'm not denying that he's fairly limited and competes with Andy Carroll in the first touch stakes, but our possession wasn't that great in either half - it was patently driving Gentleman Jim up the wall throughout the match - and as others like Lighthouse have indicated, there's too much of a scapegoat search occurring after poor results.

I note that popular Sascha Riether is getting no particular criticism on various threads for getting skinned/dropping our CBs in the brown stuff for Wigan's goal. You'll find criticism of H&H and Schwarzer though. 

Humbled

Would like to see Ruiz or Berba dropped myself!!! Not many people like a negative towards Berba so hopefully won't be skinned alive for this!!!

Luffy86

Well said that man!!!!!

Mr Fulham

Rodallega should've started instead of Petric. Petric offers nothing when Berbatov is also in the line-up.

Burt

Nobody shined out there today. A bit harsh just to settle on Dave.

westcliff white

guys ii wasnt blaming him just saying he is not up to it. today we had a lot of players off the pace but he has had more of those games than others.

MJG

This

St Eve

I am certainly not picking on Rodders or suggesting that he is a scapegoat. I wanted him at the Cottage. However, after giving him the benefit of the doubt all season it is clear that he just is not good enough. Nice guy, fast, but nothing else I am afraid.

Travers Barney

Nobody was worse than that left winger today...nobody.

coyw
We are the whites