watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin Jol IN !

Started by TommyBarrs, January 12, 2013, 09:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyBarrs

Some Fulham fans i hear saying Jol out clearly have no clue.

Martin Jol came into a old Fulham team, with hardly no money to spend. Came 9th not a bad position.

Start of this season Pog Murphy AJ all left on frees we offered a contract to Murphy but he rejected. We sold Etuhu for pennys, already we was short of players which we all knew, but clearly we haven't got the funds for Martin Jol. to make things worse our top goal scorer says he wants to move on and doesn't want to play for the club, with 2 days left we lose our 2 best players. Now you look at the players we've lost, that's our forwards and midfield. and Jol brought in some good players for hardly nothing as he wasn't back with funds.

we started off really well getting results, and to be honest we was really unlucky with draws against Arsenal Reading Southampton ( TWICE ) but with a aging squad and no money what do people want ??? also we've had injuries to key players too. for the last few months we have hit a bad patch our form has dipped, clearly the squad hasn't the legs for a full season. January comes and Martin Jol has clearly stated we haven't got a lot of money to spend, i mean what do you want this man to do? Rob a few banks. He can only do the best with what he's got. and i am fully confident in him. He likes Fulham hes made that clear. But the board haven't the funds.

He's a top manager and needs time. this season we took a step back which he even made that clear in September, I don't know any other manager who could come in and do better than Martin Jol with the budget and the team we have got. a top half finish would be amazing and still do able but we have to stick with him and back him. no point pointing the finger at someone who's had little money to spend and loads of players gone. What are some fans expecting? Europa league finals every season? If you like it or not our aim at the start is always to stay up, its not a lack of AMBITION that's just the way it is, and it's that way for a few teams. 3 top half finishes in 4 seasons, that's a great bit of work. #MartinJolIn

mr-ska

nose

jol is not getting the best from the team he has, two shots on target against wigan, I ask you is that good enough?
He has two untouchables, no matter how bad ruiz and berba are they will not be replaced or dropped, i know they are talented but ruiz had a shocker today, how many times was he caught in possesion. i think it would send more of a message if the manager wiould have withdrawn ruiz rather than unbalance the team with no winger when duff went off.
Jol is falling short with the players he has, that is the problem.

CurryForMario

Completely agree. Restored some faith in me during this dire and cold evening.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

zzamora

MJG

He has spent around 15m quid on Berbatov and Ruiz. He has paid money and given decent wages to Dejagah, Riise, Petric, and others.
Seven of the team that could hardly pass the ball finished the game today were his.
The whole 'get the team younger' has taken a whopping year off the average age.
This is his fourth transfer window, its his team and even if Dembele had stayed he did not buy a backup type player in case he was injured.

He has to take a lot of the blame, not all, but his fair share.

mr-ska

Its easy for people to say Jol Out.. without putting forward a name of a replacement who would actually want to come here and change things..

premFlem

Quote from: TommyBarrs on January 12, 2013, 09:10:36 PM
Some Fulham fans i hear saying Jol out clearly have no clue.

Martin Jol came into a old Fulham team, with hardly no money to spend. Came 9th not a bad position.

Start of this season Pog Murphy AJ all left on frees we offered a contract to Murphy but he rejected. We sold Etuhu for pennys, already we was short of players which we all knew, but clearly we haven't got the funds for Martin Jol. to make things worse our top goal scorer says he wants to move on and doesn't want to play for the club, with 2 days left we lose our 2 best players. Now you look at the players we've lost, that's our forwards and midfield. and Jol brought in some good players for hardly nothing as he wasn't back with funds.

we started off really well getting results, and to be honest we was really unlucky with draws against Arsenal Reading Southampton ( TWICE ) but with a aging squad and no money what do people want ??? also we've had injuries to key players too. for the last few months we have hit a bad patch our form has dipped, clearly the squad hasn't the legs for a full season. January comes and Martin Jol has clearly stated we haven't got a lot of money to spend, i mean what do you want this man to do? Rob a few banks. He can only do the best with what he's got. and i am fully confident in him. He likes Fulham hes made that clear. But the board haven't the funds.

He's a top manager and needs time. this season we took a step back which he even made that clear in September, I don't know any other manager who could come in and do better than Martin Jol with the budget and the team we have got. a top half finish would be amazing and still do able but we have to stick with him and back him. no point pointing the finger at someone who's had little money to spend and loads of players gone. What are some fans expecting? Europa league finals every season? If you like it or not our aim at the start is always to stay up, its not a lack of AMBITION that's just the way it is, and it's that way for a few teams. 3 top half finishes in 4 seasons, that's a great bit of work. #MartinJolIn
I'm sorry to say 2 dutch cups with a 13 year gap between them doesn't make him a "top manager" , also he was the only man at the club that never knew Dembele wanted out.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

JackyFulham90

I like Jol & think we will be fine but today was a really poor result for sure

leonffc

I don't like the 'Jol out' campaign but I'm struggling to find reasons to argue of late.
We are playing H&H too far apart at centre back and always seem vunarable through the centre. Presumably this is to allow the full backs to push on and be more attacking? well were not creating chances with this attacking formation do what are we doing??!!!

When we do mount an attack there's rarely anyone in the box so the wingers don't put it in.
Berbatov does what he likes. He's not a No.9. He's not a No.10. He drifts here there and everywhere and no matter how class his touch is, he is ruining the balance of the team and slowing what few attacks we mount down. Jol is scared of him! He should have been taken off today but Jol won't sub him or demand he plays in one position.

We are simply not creating chances. It's obvious. We pass sideways. And sideways. And sideways. We don't have players that grab the game and drive into the box - Kaca tries but gets isolated in a 3v1 situation Becuase everyone else is swanning about on the half way line!!

If Jol can't see this and rectify it at Motspur Park then he isn't doing his Job, or can't do his job!!

Jol out? Hmmmmmm, I'm on the fence at the moment.

Humbled

Quote from: nose on January 12, 2013, 09:19:27 PM
jol is not getting the best from the team he has, two shots on target against wigan, I ask you is that good enough?
He has two untouchables, no matter how bad ruiz and berba are they will not be replaced or dropped, i know they are talented but ruiz had a shocker today, how many times was he caught in possesion. i think it would send more of a message if the manager wiould have withdrawn ruiz rather than unbalance the team with no winger when duff went off.
Jol is falling short with the players he has, that is the problem.

Don't want jol out. DO want him to drop Berba for a game or 2. Only problem is there isn't 2 games in a row I think his replacement has a chance of shining in

mickybrown100

We are playing rubbish, the manager has to motivate and shape the team, and he isn't. What happened to the Dutch like football he promised. Our worst season since Sanchez, performance wise, the play has been nothing. You can't change all the players, so it's on the managers head. Get him out.

Rhys Lightning 63

Exactly, it's not Jols fault that he's had to work with an incredibly tight budget. I've just seen the money he was allowed to spend at Spurs and it is staggering what he was given

Sean Davis -£4m
Andy Reid and Micahel Dawson - £8m
Michael Carrick - £3.5m
Jermaine Jenas - £7m. Yes SEVEN MILLION, I poo you not

In one summer (06/07), he was allowed to spend £32m on players like Berbatov, Malbranque, Zokora, Taarabt.

Now the key to the summer of 06/07, was that Michael Carrick went to Man Utd for £18.6m. So surely if he was allowed to reinvest that money, why couldn't he do the same with the Dembele money?

Obviously it was incredibly late, but surely MAF could have gone to him and said 'were gonna get rid of Mouusa for £15m, so do you want to buy someone in his place'?

Give Martin a TRUE chance to reinvest, then you'll start to see something 
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

west kowloon white

These "Jol" posts are falling into the old" cliched fan" bracket of a team winning ,the players get the credit-play poorly and the manager gets the flack ie are not worth reading.

Logicalman

MJ needs to step it up and prove to us that he is the manager so many on here believe he is. I support him because he's the manager, but I have my reservations, and always have done.

For all those shouting "Jol Out", you might well be the same that were shouting "Cookie out" for the same reasons perhaps, and see what that got us, eh? The magnificent Sanchez, who managed to almost decimate the team in 9 months (only 6 of them in season).

MJ is not the best manager we could have, but he is the manager we have got with us now. We each have our own opinions as to his faults (mine are many in number) but currently he is what we have here and now, and unless one of us have a direct line to Mo and sufficient influence, then MJ might just be with us for a little longer.

hongkongfulham

im with tommy, imagine you were a toon supporter!

The Bronsons

Quote from: west kowloon white on January 13, 2013, 03:03:17 AM
These "Jol" posts are falling into the old" cliched fan" bracket of a team winning ,the players get the credit-play poorly and the manager gets the flack ie are not worth reading.

If the manager has no effect, might as well not have one. Roy got plenty of credit for what he did. Sanchez got flak for what he did. Management is (among other things) about playing players in positions they are effective, and making sure the team goes out with a clear sense of what the game plan is.

On both counts yesterday was much more Sanchez than Roy.

(And I bet you read this!)

ffc73

If you listen/watch to Jol's pre-Wigan preview there is no correlation between the game he talks (% of crosses & quality of set play) to what I witnessed yesterday.

Set plays (free kicks and corners) were dire and the crossing poor or non-existent.  The amount of times we have the opportunity to put balls into the box and play short fullback, winger, full back, centre half, goalkeeper, hoof is alarming.  If we are going to go backwards for Mark to hoof it forward why not hoof it into the box from the wings in the final third.  No-one is in the box though as everyone want to play no10.

The team needs to see the half time entertainment and the joy that the kids have in putting the ball into the net.  We have a team that all want to create but not finish

Sanchez had a system that did not work and we didn't like.  Roy got the team to play to a system that worked and we liked the results if not always the performances.  Hughes tinkered with Roy's system and left before trying to change it.  Jol had a system, lost critical players to it, and now to me does not appear to me to have an alternative.  Either system or replacement players.

McBridefan1

Quote from: FFC73 on January 13, 2013, 09:23:27 AM
If you listen/watch to Jol's pre-Wigan preview there is no correlation between the game he talks (% of crosses & quality of set play) to what I witnessed yesterday.

Set plays (free kicks and corners) were dire and the crossing poor or non-existent.  The amount of times we have the opportunity to put balls into the box and play short fullback, winger, full back, centre half, goalkeeper, hoof is alarming.  If we are going to go backwards for Mark to hoof it forward why not hoof it into the box from the wings in the final third.  No-one is in the box though as everyone want to play no10.

The team needs to see the half time entertainment and the joy that the kids have in putting the ball into the net.  We have a team that all want to create but not finish

Sanchez had a system that did not work and we didn't like.  Roy got the team to play to a system that worked and we liked the results if not always the performances.  Hughes tinkered with Roy's system and left before trying to change it.  Jol had a system, lost critical players to it, and now to me does not appear to me to have an alternative.  Either system or replacement players.

I may get poo for this but, I thought Hughes actually took woys tactics and built on it... Before he left he had us playing some attractive football. I know we are supposed to hate Hughes but I thought he was the best manager for our team. I should say he was a good fit for our team.