Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 13, 2013, 12:22:50 AM
"He is clueless and destroying the club"

WHAT. THE. HELL.

Don't supersize it. Please.

Ok, but he is clueless  :021:

DJinNJ

13th place and six points above the bottom three? We're not safe, but not on the verge.

Admin

Quote from: TWFL on January 13, 2013, 12:22:16 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2013, 12:16:02 AM
I don't think anybody can really claim we are not on the verge of relegation can they?
Easily. We're 6 points off with a much better goal difference. We have a good squad, much better than the dross below us. Of course everyone is concerned but there has to be faith in the team and the results will follow.

Manchester City away, West Ham at home.. I think we could easy be flirting with it after those 2 games.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Admin on January 13, 2013, 12:25:20 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 13, 2013, 12:22:50 AM
"He is clueless and destroying the club"

WHAT. THE. HELL.

Don't supersize it. Please.

Ok, but he is clueless  :021:
We'll have to agree to disagree. Don't understand the consistent campaigning though. Get behind the team. "The team" OBVIOUSLY includes the coaching staff.

Rudolph

This is not Jol's team, his philosophy is based on a ball-playing back line, something we haven't got.  He needs another summer to get his targets and shake off some of the older, less cultured players and acquire his desired 11.

When the Karagounis was signed, people were in uproar at us taking someone past their best.  He is a good manager who has had to deal with a number of good players leaving in the summer.  Moyes had Everton yo-yoing and has managed to make them into a perennial top half team.  Jol is very much capable of doing the same and judgement should be reserved till next season at least.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Admin on January 13, 2013, 12:28:29 AM
Quote from: TWFL on January 13, 2013, 12:22:16 AM
I don't think anybody can really claim we are not on the verge of relegation can they?
Easily. We're 6 points off with a much better goal difference. We have a good squad, much better than the dross below us. Of course everyone is concerned but there has to be faith in the team and the results will follow.

Manchester City away, West Ham at home.. I think we could easy be flirting with it after those 2 games.

Yeah, fine. But it's January. JANUARY! Still so early days and people should do less "OFMG HE'S THE DEVIL". I miss that constructive bit..

Is that squad better than where it stands now in the table? In all honesty? No, it isn't.
Is this a transistional season? Yes, it is.
Is this a squad which has lost its head (Murphy), heart (Dembele) and arms (Dempsey)? Yes, it is.
Are we currently in a transfer window? Yes, we are.
Are there better managers available? No.
Is it time to panic? No.
Are we going to struggle if we continue with this personnel? Yes. But we will sign some new players.
Is there clear evidence that Jol is to blame for all the mistakes, for everything? No. He is responsible for the coaching and - to a certain extent - for the management.
But he is not to blame for the sales of Dempsey and Dembele. That's ridiculous.
He signed Berbatov, and everyone was raving about this signing, and I still think it was a good one.

Please stay patient.

Nothing has happened, it's not over until Jan Molby sings.

So PLEASE....CALM DOWN. PLEASE.

premFlem

The fact that at this stage of the season we put in such a poor showing at home against no disrespect a team like wigan is ominous, The alarm bells must be ringing for mr Fayed, blind faith in anybody at this stage is stupid.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Lighthouse

As the Captain said on the Titanic 'This isn't the time to pani....glug glug glug'
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

Quote from: premFlem on January 13, 2013, 12:42:46 AM
blind faith in anybody at this stage is stupid.

How do you know Al Fayed has "blind faith" in Jol "at this stage".

I don't think it's time to panic.

Jambo

£30m players sold in 2012, £6m players brought in 2012....... You could argue that considering that complete lack of backing from the board and the loss of talent from the squad he is doing remarkablely well!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

MJG

Quote from: Rudolph on January 13, 2013, 12:30:04 AM
This is not Jol's team, his philosophy is based on a ball-playing back line, something we haven't got.  He needs another summer to get his targets and shake off some of the older, less cultured players and acquire his desired 11.

he is in his fourth transfer window and seven players at the end yesterday were his players. That says its his team to me.

CurryForMario

Would anyone take Gus Poyet from Brighton?
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

zzamora

Quote from: epsomraver on January 12, 2013, 11:58:56 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 12, 2013, 11:55:51 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 12, 2013, 11:54:19 PM
What has Jol done that makes him so indispencable?
What has he done to get so much stick?
Try coming over here and paying good money week in week out to watch that dross and then you would know, he is clueless and is destroying a club I have supported for nearly 50 years, that is what.

Being a fan who is able to go to games gives your argument no more weight.

Mr Fulham holds just a valid opinion as you do, regardless of the fact he is unable to attend matches.

Also, I would not describe playing with only 1 central midfield (pratically), and at times no properly creative players due to an injury crisis, but still managing to be in 13th position is "destroying the club"

Jem

Hmmm. I bet Curbishley also sees it as best news. Be careful what you wish for!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

McBridefan1

Is jolly using Davies as a reason this team isn't winning? I had no idea he was our linchpin... It will be nice to have him back though... And jollys plan to save us and unite us as a team is to bring in a Frenchman? Ya, because nothing says team like the French. The only national team that argues as much as the French would be the Dutch...hmmmm. fp.gif we're phaqued.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

the best news ???.................... are you having a laugh,  there is nothing good about this story   
This is not the time to be lambasting the manager, with a campagne  to change him, January is half over and nothing good will come of it !!!

If we want to stay in the Premiership, We need to believe and not boo the manager or the players.

Most of you were delighted when Jol arrived 19 months ago,  have the courage of you convictions  and stick with your man.

A Humble Man

I play the same game as well when so and so come back it will all be better but if the manager plays him in the wrong position again it won't.

I am losing faith in his ability to see the obvious.  If his plan is to convert Ruiz to a central midfielder it is a long road ahead that could get us relegated.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

epsomraver

Quote from: ddeuce on January 13, 2013, 09:03:12 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 12, 2013, 11:58:56 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 12, 2013, 11:55:51 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 12, 2013, 11:54:19 PM
What has Jol done that makes him so indispencable?
What has he done to get so much stick?
Try coming over here and paying good money week in week out to watch that dross and then you would know, he is clueless and is destroying a club I have supported for nearly 50 years, that is what.

Being a fan who is able to go to games gives your argument no more weight.

Mr Fulham holds just a valid opinion as you do, regardless of the fact he is unable to attend matches.

Also, I would not describe playing with only 1 central midfield (pratically), and at times no properly creative players due to an injury crisis, but still managing to be in 13th position is "destroying the club"

His question was what has Jol done deserve so much stick? answer reduce Fulham to a team that looks like 11 blokes have turned up in a park for a kick a bout who have never played together before, and yes it pisses me off when people sit on their arses watching the game on the TV and then question why fans who have paid good money to see " entertainment " because that is what Football is supposed to be , be served up that dross, yes I have a right to shout louder because like so many on here I am giving the club my hard earned money week in week out.

mangoputney

Quote from: Admin on January 12, 2013, 11:56:51 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 12, 2013, 11:49:04 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 12, 2013, 11:43:26 PM
Until we have prove that Jol is the great tactician that we are told he is. Yes the campaign to find some relief from this dreadful football will continue.
Yeah, let's sack him and get Eriksson aboard. OH YES. BEST NEWS INDEED.

not.

What are you talking about? We wouldn't need to sack him, he'd jump ship if they came calling, always looking for the next biggest thing. Who's to say he isn't already engineering a move away from Fulham?

With what he has to work with here he will walk rather than be sacked

Hughes was right
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

ron

The flavour of that saying about relegation is similar to Chamberlain ( Neville, not Tosh) announcing that "Czechoslovakia is a far away country, about which we know little..... "