Main Menu

Best news I've heard all day!

Started by Admin, January 12, 2013, 11:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMatt

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2013, 12:48:52 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on January 13, 2013, 12:46:11 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2013, 12:39:17 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 13, 2013, 12:33:15 PMOnce again the Jol haters are out in blinkered force. Don´t they realise that even if "The Special One" was our manager he would face the same problems. Vent your anger at those who control the finances. Jol is told what money there is regardless of who he wants to sign.
MAF has invested heavily in this club but to survive this has to be on going within sensible restraints.
Give him the tools & he will do the job. He certainly still has my backing & now it is up to the board to release some of next year´s vast TV money now.

But we are now coming to the fixtures that mean it really doesn't matter who we sign we will not pick up anything. Agree the club has let Jol down and made the point from day one after the last window. However the poor free kicks, the lack of shots, the lack of cohesion etc etc is down to Jol or are the players just that bad.

"we will not pick up anything."

That's a fact, is it?

Presumably West Brom away, Arsenal away, Everton home, Wigan away were all in that group of games we won't get anything from. But we got eight from them.

That's a very good point. Problem is for every point we didn't expect to pick up we lose two points in every three we did. So it is all swings and roundabouts.

Yep. That makes it all the more frustrating.

But it is why I'll still stay confident we'll get the points we need even if the run of games suggests we won't.

Certainly a win over spam is long overdue.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Admin on January 12, 2013, 11:56:51 PM

What are you talking about? We wouldn't need to sack him, he'd jump ship if they came calling, always looking for the next biggest thing. Who's to say he isn't already engineering a move away from Fulham?

Like Mark Hughes? Like Roy Hodgson?

Maybe if you have such a problem with the manager then you should question the board. After all it was them who appointed him.

mangoputney

Quote from: Mr_Moon on January 13, 2013, 12:57:37 PM
Quote from: Admin on January 12, 2013, 11:56:51 PM

What are you talking about? We wouldn't need to sack him, he'd jump ship if they came calling, always looking for the next biggest thing. Who's to say he isn't already engineering a move away from Fulham?

Like Mark Hughes? Like Roy Hodgson?

Maybe if you have such a problem with the manager then you should question the board. After all it was them who appointed him.

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

hazzaffc

you see how downhill we go when jol is out, shaky period, fans disgust me

epsomraver

Keep going on about a name to replace Jol, how about a manager who's last team won the champions league who is available , Roberto de Mattio.

west kowloon white

Good point on points but if went on expected points it would be pointless and the point would be Jol out

zzamora

Quote from: epsomraver on January 13, 2013, 01:06:27 PM
Keep going on about a name to replace Jol, how about a manager who's last team won the champions league who is available , Roberto de Mattio.

The same Di Matteo who did awfully bad at a similar sized club to ourselves, West Brom...

Yeah. Sounds good.

ElissonSnygg

I'd like him to stay definetely, but having Sven Goran here would be awesome. Really. He knows what he's doing
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

alfie

Quote from: KCat on January 13, 2013, 10:31:15 AM
the best news ???.................... are you having a laugh,  there is nothing good about this story   
This is not the time to be lambasting the manager, with a campagne  to change him, January is half over and nothing good will come of it !!!

If we want to stay in the Premiership, We need to believe and not boo the manager or the players.

Most of you were delighted when Jol arrived 19 months ago,  have the courage of you convictions  and stick with your man.

:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Quote from: ddeuce on January 13, 2013, 01:23:28 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 13, 2013, 01:06:27 PM

The same Di Matteo who did awfully bad at a similar sized club to ourselves, West Brom...

Yeah. Sounds good.
[/quot

Woy got sacked by Blackburn in his last premiership job in this country, means nothing how a manager performs in the past, there are too many variables to take account of, Roberto  knows how to set a team up and motivate them.

Mr_Moon

A Chelsea legend on a honeymoon period.....

Horses for courses

sunburywhite

Bring in Paulo Di Canio

At least he would have the passion
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ron

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on January 13, 2013, 01:25:15 PM
I'd like him to stay definetely, but having Sven Goran here would be awesome. Really. He knows what he's doing

I applaud your confidence in him.

Berserker

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 13, 2013, 02:14:31 PM
Bring in Paulo Di Canio

At least he would have the passion

No way, put's me off supporting my local team
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Sven?

Is this the same Sven who achieved *so much* with Man City, Leicester City, Notts Co etc. not to mention the Ivory Coast and Mexico over the past couple of years?

No thanks - spends big, achieves little, hops from job to job.

HatterDon

Dear Schalke: is this coming Wednesday too early?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HatterDon

Quote from: Rudolph on January 13, 2013, 11:26:32 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 13, 2013, 08:42:44 AM
Quote from: Rudolph on January 13, 2013, 12:30:04 AM
This is not Jol's team, his philosophy is based on a ball-playing back line, something we haven't got.  He needs another summer to get his targets and shake off some of the older, less cultured players and acquire his desired 11.

he is in his fourth transfer window and seven players at the end yesterday were his players. That says its his team to me.

Two of his key players from last season left the club and there was nothing he could do about it.  So yes, the team out is his own, but only by default.

Well, that's not strictly true. He could have gone to the board and asked them to give Dempsey the 4-year contract extension he asked for before the whole Liverpool soap opera occurred. That would have kept him at Fulham. And, contrary to popular belief, it wouldn't have "stuck" the club with him as he aged. Unless I'm mistaken, Kelly signed a long term extension this summer and now plays for Reading some 5 months later.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

McBridefan1

Quote from: HatterDon on January 13, 2013, 03:13:07 PMWell, that's not strictly true. He could have gone to the board and asked them to give Dempsey the 4-year contract extension he asked for before the whole Liverpool soap opera occurred. That would have kept him at Fulham. And, contrary to popular belief, it wouldn't have "stuck" the club with him as he aged. Unless I'm mistaken, Kelly signed a long term extension this summer and now plays for Reading some 5 months later.

Wow Donny football, I never thought of that so if they signed demps and made him feel he was important to the club he might not have left? You mean it is possible jol wanted to start his own team? telling us he is going for youth so cant sign that old pxxxk demps to four years... So it is possible that a guy who was loyal to the club fom many years and told the fans there was more to the story than jolly was telling them, might be telling us the truth? Gotta be honest that seems more plausible than the story we got. Easier to blame an ex player if things go wrong... Hmmmm? Something's rotten in from the state of  Denmark Netherlands...