watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ive Only Been On This Forum A Month...And OMG

Started by Toshes Fag Packet, January 13, 2013, 10:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangoputney

I dont want top six, I just want to see better than the dross that has been served up for at least three months
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: mangoputney on January 13, 2013, 11:56:32 AM
I dont want top six, I just want to see better than the dross that has been served up for at least three months

Dross???  I dont think so.
You want to go and watch Villa and youll no what dross is.

west kowloon white

Tosh-you are wasting your time on here-"moaning 'is an acceptable way of life for the moaning "class"-but they call it discussion..

Burt

I would be interested to hear about a fans forum where there isn't moaning after a below-par display in the middle of a lengthy run of bad form.

Toshes Fag Packet

I remember certain ones behind me at the cottage moaning
when Woy took us to a Europa Final....Strange.
I think some would rather we were in the 3rd division again.
If Fergie was here theyd moan...lol..
Coyw...

mangoputney

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 13, 2013, 12:01:16 PM

Ohhhh

Our direct competition

Well hopefully they remain more dross than us

That's it, I'm happy now
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

epsomraver

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 13, 2013, 11:56:03 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 13, 2013, 11:51:32 AM
quote "Managers were never sacked years ago on the regular basis they are now", I think you will find they were.
Thats strange because on Radio 5 the other day they quoted that
there has been more managerial dismissals in the last two years than
there was in 6 years in the sixties and seventies...

You said regular basis not more.

ToodlesMcToot

My question for those who believe it's wrong or silly of me to complain about the way we are representing ourselves on the field this season is this: at what point should I grow beyond being solely satisfied that we are surviving in the Premier League?

I've been stupid enough, since Hodgson took us to the Europa, to believe that just surviving to play another season was no longer all I should hope for. I've been stupid enough to believe each manager since (and they ARE the voice that the club uses in public) that we are building, smartly, for greater things (a top 10 side).

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Alternative

Yes, this is a forum characterised by excessive moaning.

One positive - compared to the old forum on the official site - at least the real idiots are not allowed to post complete nonsense.

LBNo11

Quote from: Burt on January 13, 2013, 12:14:15 PM
I would be interested to hear about a fans forum where there isn't moaning after a below-par display in the middle of a lengthy run of bad form.

...quite right Burt, there are other Fulham forums to look at, and as I posted last night look at them and you will see much the same - then you can criticize them too and not single FoF out.

In the meantime showing concern and being worried and stating so becomes moaning - much like those who criticize this forum...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

A Humble Man

We Fulham supporters are too clever by half that is the trouble and very opinionated.  Most are fans sites for other Clubs are inhabited by true fans people who believe their Club can do nothing wrong.  

We are also very powerful as a group as it was certainly the fans that got Coleman sacked.

On reflection it would be better if all the fan site closed down and we let the Club get on with its business with a fans suggestions for improvement scheme operated by the Club.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

jarv

You joined in the wrong month, thats all. :005:

Jambo

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2013, 11:27:56 AM
It is as if one bad result has led to a meltdown and some fans cannot understand the reaction. But put plain and simple. We have been playing poorly since the Sunderland game. Not having a bad time but playing poorly. The odd spark at home to Newcastle and away to West Brom being the exception.

Now the reason we have been playing poorly is because we sold out best players and did not replace them. This is the clubs fault. But Jol is in charge of the team. The team have sometimes come out and not looked interested. No shots on goal and a complete lack of looking as if they know what they are doing. Jol is also incharge of the subs. Baird comes on Ruiz moves wide and then Dejagh comes on minutes later and Ruiz goes back in the middle and frankly we don't see him much after that other than missing a header.

So one could say we have been complaining since the Summer transfer window ended. Supporters on the whole are not stupid. Some could see this was a poor squad and once injury set in a bad side. A bad side run by a club trying to save money managed bu a man who has no idea and who now admits the fans think the side is better than it is.

When Jol leaves for a better job he will do what Hughes did and blame the club for lack of ambition. He will be correct. But that doesn't make Jol a good manager.

Jol wants football to be played a certain way, a way he grew up with and has installed in his teams he has managed from Spurs to Ajax.  The problem here is that we have not got the players to play the way he wants, thats not his fault.  Its not his fault the club have not replaced quality with quality.  Jol wants the ball played out from the back and through midfield but if you haven't got the players to do what he wants what does he do?  change his whole philosophy on how football should be played and lump it long bring in a Lee Chapman like striker?
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

RPhillips

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 13, 2013, 11:38:35 AM
And just who is going to come in and do a better job,with the current
crop available ?
Im still confident we will with a couple of new faces in go on a good
run and finish in top ten...

"Finish in top ten"? My God, man, what have you been smoking?!?

WayneKerrins

Quote from: west kowloon white on January 13, 2013, 11:44:34 AM
A post to ensure that you can't be wrong?
Bring in Curbishley -Conference beckons-no more than some of you twit posters deserve-get real-this Club is still seriously in debt and remains propped up by MAF -this pathetic maths of many..sold Dems for x -so have x in the pot -stupid /childish-get a brain /grow up
[/quote

Puerile and uninformed. Fayed hasn't put in a bean for 3 years and we've been running at cash break even. That's before the 15m net profit from the last 2 windows.
Amazes me how some fans who purport to support Fulham FC are more preoccupied about whether Fayed leaves his son 800m or 900m than the plight and future of the club. Weird.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Jambo on January 13, 2013, 06:37:54 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2013, 11:27:56 AM
It is as if one bad result has led to a meltdown and some fans cannot understand the reaction. But put plain and simple. We have been playing poorly since the Sunderland game. Not having a bad time but playing poorly. The odd spark at home to Newcastle and away to West Brom being the exception.

Now the reason we have been playing poorly is because we sold out best players and did not replace them. This is the clubs fault. But Jol is in charge of the team. The team have sometimes come out and not looked interested. No shots on goal and a complete lack of looking as if they know what they are doing. Jol is also incharge of the subs. Baird comes on Ruiz moves wide and then Dejagh comes on minutes later and Ruiz goes back in the middle and frankly we don't see him much after that other than missing a header.

So one could say we have been complaining since the Summer transfer window ended. Supporters on the whole are not stupid. Some could see this was a poor squad and once injury set in a bad side. A bad side run by a club trying to save money managed bu a man who has no idea and who now admits the fans think the side is better than it is.

When Jol leaves for a better job he will do what Hughes did and blame the club for lack of ambition. He will be correct. But that doesn't make Jol a good manager.

Jol wants football to be played a certain way, a way he grew up with and has installed in his teams he has managed from Spurs to Ajax.  The problem here is that we have not got the players to play the way he wants, thats not his fault.  Its not his fault the club have not replaced quality with quality.  Jol wants the ball played out from the back and through midfield but if you haven't got the players to do what he wants what does he do?  change his whole philosophy on how football should be played and lump it long bring in a Lee Chapman like striker?

I want to be a millionaire but lack of funds prevents me from being one. Jol may want to play a certain way but if he hasn't the players then he should change his tactics for the team he has. As for long balls up to a striker. Problem is that we haven't any of those either. So either way the club need to spend and Jol needs to react to what he has.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 13, 2013, 12:01:16 PM

Yes, I see. There's some other team that is experiencing worse play than ours, SO that means that our team is doing wonderful and we should not be concerned.

Simple. I don't know what I was thinking of.

Oh, I've been on the "hold your nose and keep Jol" for a long time now but that has changed -- primarily because of the Jol-for-Sainthood Society that seams to have made its home on FofF. To this crew, nothing is every Jol's fault. He's only responsible for signing Riether and not Tavares, etc. etc. I've been maintaining that

1. the directionless play that we're demonstrating is down a problem with tactics -- tactics is the job of the gaffer
2. the fact that after a lackluster first 45, we usually make no adjustments either in personnel, tactics, or attitude -- certainly it's Jol's job to at least attempt to fix things at half time.
3. substitutions that are not made to fix a problem -- I think Jol is not the only manager in all of world football who doesn't make his own substitutions

So, yes this constant Jol-love of the rose-colored goggles brigade has set me on the edge, but yesterday's match took the proverbial biscuit. As a good friend of mine remarked in the chatroom yesterday, why are the free kicks being taken by guys with no recent pitch time? Indeed? Why Richardson? Why Petric? Isn't Karagounis known for his free-kick acuity? What sort of manager makes that befuddling decision and then keeps with it.

I'm sorry. Jol has gone from part of the solution to part of the problem. If he doesn't go now he should go at the end of the season -- along with all those players he signed to one year loans and contracts.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bone78

Joe McDonald

gotta love the internet.

posts moaning, about other people moaning about people moaning on an online forum...

And someone tried to argue that football fans aren't stupid...

Anyway, for what its worth, I think the club should stick with Jol (I doubt they've even considered lettin him go!), with a fully fit suad and a few new faces results should start going in our favour.  When we play well we are a match for any team in the league.  Granted we've had a very rough run, starting at home against Sunderland.  But, there are at least four or five teams that are in worse position than us that don't look like hauling themselves out of trouble.  I think we'll be safe and can then start going about making some more changes to the squad in he summer that will hopefully see us avoid such bad runs next season

FulhamMic

As a good friend of mine remarked in the chatroom yesterday, why are the free kicks being taken by guys with no recent pitch time? Indeed? Why Richardson? Why Petric? Isn't Karagounis known for his free-kick acuity? What sort of manager makes that befuddling decision and then keeps with it.

I seem to remember Kasami being fined for taking a penalty against Jol's wishes. Whilst I'm sure Jol asserts some influence over who does what, I'm also pretty sure that the players may make their own decisions based on who's on the pitch, where the ball lies, who's needed in the box etc. I'm confident it's simply not as black and white as you're suggesting.

and not Tavares

He was signed as cover. No doubt on very basic wages, with bonuses for appearances etc. He's also left the club. Whilst for me the jury is still out over Richardson, and I've not seen Somogyi so can't comment, Jol's done pretty well in the transfer market.

I'm sorry. Jol has gone from part of the solution to part of the problem. If he doesn't go now he should go at the end of the season -- along with all those players he signed to one year loans and contracts.

Yeah, and condemn ourselves, without a doubt, to life in the Championship.