https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ive Only Been On This Forum A Month...And OMG

Started by Toshes Fag Packet, January 13, 2013, 10:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toshes Fag Packet

:dft007:
Ive never come across so many negative fans,who seem to jump in at every excuse
and blame the Manager for our performances.
With the players at his disposal he is doing a good job considering their ages and
the players we have lost.
Some of them who sit behind me moan from the first kick to the last,if we had the Chosen One
and Fergie and were ten points clear at the top some would still keep moaning.
Jol is a good coach we just need a few new faces and things will get better.
Just remember some of you new faces to the cottage where we were 15 years ago.
Be thankful we enjoy premier football ever season.
Martin Jols B&W Army...

ron

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 13, 2013, 10:51:30 AM
With the players at his disposal he is doing a good job considering their ages and
Some of them who sit behind me moan from the first kick to the last,if we had the Chosen One
Martin Jols B&W Army..

I think you'll find that it's the threat of not enjoying premier football every season on the back of performances like that of yesterday that is making for the glum atmosphere on here at the moment.

I was there to witness a period of play in the second half when we had no structure, no ball, no idea how to get it back, and Wigan were just playing and passing at will. The goal followed.

It's not unpatriotic or any other negative term that anyone may apply to the business of looking into the abyss and realising we may be stepping into it.

CorkCity

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

mangoputney

Just a few players??? Can't get our captain to sign... Three most important players walked...

Cant get Jol to sign... Board massively gambling that this shower luckily retains Prem status and the windfall

If not... What a firesale pre championship we'll undergo and no way fill a pointless capacity

Oh... Even that appears on the burner

FFC needs to stop looking back & being thankful

Maf & board & Jol are all to blame

Do we have enough to avoid 18th? If we stay up are we willing enough to buy a new line up? Next season could by Jol less and seriously lacking players

There is no will, no way, Jol is working with blunt tools whilst himself proving to be a tactical tool

Berba does not fit and is not the saviour
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

cottage cheese

i think every fan has the right to moan. We are the ones who pay good money on matchday to watch our team not even turn up. He is not doing a good job...2 wins in 14 or 15 is not doing a good job

ffc73

The following was posted just before the Liverpool (I forget by who) and gains more creditability with each passing home game: -

Fulham prime relegation candidates if they don't beat Liverpool

Fulham have not really been spoken about as serious relegation candidates so far this season and a price of 18/1 to finish in the bottom three suggests that they should have little trouble finding safety.

However, looking back across the last six seasons, there are some clear similarities between Fulham's current position and others at a similar point of the campaign that have ended up going down.

Analysing the final Premier League tables before the Boxing Day round of fixtures, no team in the past decade that has amassed 23 points or more by this point have been relegated.

But five teams in this time have had 20 points or more, which brings Fulham right into the reckoning.

They would make it to 23 points and probable safety with a win at Liverpool next, which can be backed at 9/2, but they have only triumphed once at Anfield in their 11 Premier League visits.

The only confidence that Fulham can have is that this success was last season and Liverpool have not beaten a team above 17th in the current standings at home this campaign.

Key to Fulham surviving will obviously be their home form and many will expect that they can take nine points or more from remaining home games with Reading, QPR, Wigan and Southampton.

This will be critical, as it was the home form of Blackpool, Middlesbrough and Newcastle that saw them face the drop in recent seasons when in similar positions to Fulham at Christmas.

Blackpool only won three home games against the bottom 13, Middlesbrough triumphed in just one at the Riverside against the bottom seven and Newcastle took maximum points against three of the bottom 11.

Fulham have lost at home to fifth-bottom Sunderland already and so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they will drop more unexpected points at Craven Cottage.

Their away form is also not historically the best and so it is a surprise that ten teams are shorter than Fulham to be relegated. 18/1 certainly looks a price worthy of a small investment.

Lighthouse

It is as if one bad result has led to a meltdown and some fans cannot understand the reaction. But put plain and simple. We have been playing poorly since the Sunderland game. Not having a bad time but playing poorly. The odd spark at home to Newcastle and away to West Brom being the exception.

Now the reason we have been playing poorly is because we sold out best players and did not replace them. This is the clubs fault. But Jol is in charge of the team. The team have sometimes come out and not looked interested. No shots on goal and a complete lack of looking as if they know what they are doing. Jol is also incharge of the subs. Baird comes on Ruiz moves wide and then Dejagh comes on minutes later and Ruiz goes back in the middle and frankly we don't see him much after that other than missing a header.

So one could say we have been complaining since the Summer transfer window ended. Supporters on the whole are not stupid. Some could see this was a poor squad and once injury set in a bad side. A bad side run by a club trying to save money managed bu a man who has no idea and who now admits the fans think the side is better than it is.

When Jol leaves for a better job he will do what Hughes did and blame the club for lack of ambition. He will be correct. But that doesn't make Jol a good manager.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Quote from: CorkCity on January 13, 2013, 11:02:01 AM
Moaning is a way of life at Fulham

I think it is very British. I am a typical wingeing 'Tommy', I moan alot but get the job done, ask any of my  work collegues, poor devils!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Classic94

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2013, 11:27:56 AM
It is as if one bad result has led to a meltdown and some fans cannot understand the reaction. But put plain and simple. We have been playing poorly since the Sunderland game. Not having a bad time but playing poorly. The odd spark at home to Newcastle and away to West Brom being the exception.

Now the reason we have been playing poorly is because we sold out best players and did not replace them. This is the clubs fault. But Jol is in charge of the team. The team have sometimes come out and not looked interested. No shots on goal and a complete lack of looking as if they know what they are doing. Jol is also incharge of the subs. Baird comes on Ruiz moves wide and then Dejagh comes on minutes later and Ruiz goes back in the middle and frankly we don't see him much after that other than missing a header.

So one could say we have been complaining since the Summer transfer window ended. Supporters on the whole are not stupid. Some could see this was a poor squad and once injury set in a bad side. A bad side run by a club trying to save money managed bu a man who has no idea and who now admits the fans think the side is better than it is.

When Jol leaves for a better job he will do what Hughes did and blame the club for lack of ambition. He will be correct. But that doesn't make Jol a good manager.

Spot on.

Toshes Fag Packet

And just who is going to come in and do a better job,with the current
crop available ?
Im still confident we will with a couple of new faces in go on a good
run and finish in top ten...

domprague

I agree with you on the Liverpool preview. Toshes Fag Packet - a lot of us here have seen Fulham in all four divisions and so are aware that this is our Golden Age.

What is becoming frustrating is that we seem to have no plan. We don't seem to have any set piece moves, sides as limited as Southampton and Wigan could pass their way through our midfield and we are often hopelessly exposed and disorganised at the back.

I'm also not sure what job Berbatov is supposed to be doing. He wears the number 9 but keeps dropping back to our penalty area to get the ball.

I was delighted by our performance against Swansea, especially the second half. We lost due to goalkeeping errors but we ripped apart one of the most respected passing sides in the league and forced them to resort to hoofing the ball clear.

That looked a turning point as we seemed to have passion, drive and direction. But against Blackpool and Wigan it was back to aimless.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

mangoputney

Quote from: FFC73 on January 13, 2013, 11:25:55 AM
The following was posted just before the Liverpool (I forget by who) and gains more creditability with each passing home game: -

Fulham prime relegation candidates if they don't beat Liverpool

Fulham have not really been spoken about as serious relegation candidates so far this season and a price of 18/1 to finish in the bottom three suggests that they should have little trouble finding safety.

However, looking back across the last six seasons, there are some clear similarities between Fulham's current position and others at a similar point of the campaign that have ended up going down.

Analysing the final Premier League tables before the Boxing Day round of fixtures, no team in the past decade that has amassed 23 points or more by this point have been relegated.

But five teams in this time have had 20 points or more, which brings Fulham right into the reckoning.

They would make it to 23 points and probable safety with a win at Liverpool next, which can be backed at 9/2, but they have only triumphed once at Anfield in their 11 Premier League visits.

The only confidence that Fulham can have is that this success was last season and Liverpool have not beaten a team above 17th in the current standings at home this campaign.

Key to Fulham surviving will obviously be their home form and many will expect that they can take nine points or more from remaining home games with Reading, QPR, Wigan and Southampton.

This will be critical, as it was the home form of Blackpool, Middlesbrough and Newcastle that saw them face the drop in recent seasons when in similar positions to Fulham at Christmas.

Blackpool only won three home games against the bottom 13, Middlesbrough triumphed in just one at the Riverside against the bottom seven and Newcastle took maximum points against three of the bottom 11.

Fulham have lost at home to fifth-bottom Sunderland already and so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they will drop more unexpected points at Craven Cottage.

Their away form is also not historically the best and so it is a surprise that ten teams are shorter than Fulham to be relegated. 18/1 certainly looks a price worthy of a small investment.

I got slated for similar mutterings as I saw the signs a few weeks before, namely Sunderland

I was challenged by nameless to put my money where my mouth was, your just wum, oh we're still top ten??? your spelling is awful (I blame my poxy HTC)

Erm no, I have watched enough football in person, paying to watch first hand, not via FM and have been up and down with family team Fulham and my home team Luton to agree with that more succinctly put statement

In regards to current form, in regards to resilence, in regards to having a set style of play, being piss easy to break down, embarrassingly bad when under pressure, we are in the bottom five

it is now roulette time

we are carrying a captain who does not want to be here, a manager who has his hands tied and two luxury players

I would keep Ruiz, my patience has run with Berba... he is a top six player, he is used to a top six supporting cast, our supporting cast in the most over rated rose tinted fan favourite of all... Chris Baird

I do not want to go down, I want the board to realise that their gambles though some unmanageable, have been wrong and the warning signs have been there all last summer

After being slated, I put my money where my mouth was, I got 40/1, had 66.28 in my pocket at the time so if the worse happens I will be drowning sorrows somewhere hot

I pointed out the signs post Sunderland (slow, sideways, no fight, no one knows there role, it is not a great squad) and I challenge anyone to convince me that a lot has changed since then

The transfer window will not save us, Jol will prob walk in the summer as we have no ambition

Purely reliant on QPR Reading Villa and Wigan to be worse and although we can debate our individual players on merit, they have at least shown signs of grit and teamwork

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

WayneKerrins

Martin Jols B&W Army...
this type of perspective is at turns ill informed, specious and dangerous. When Sanchez was sacked 20 per cent or more of every Fulham MB were still advocating he stayed...

west kowloon white

A post to ensure that you can't be wrong?
Bring in Curbishley -Conference beckons-no more than some of you twit posters deserve-get real-this Club is still seriously in debt and remains propped up by MAF -this pathetic maths of many..sold Dems for x -so have x in the pot -stupid /childish-get a brain /grow up

BestOfBrede

Quote from: ron on January 13, 2013, 11:00:08 AM
Martin Jols B&W Army..

I think you'll find that it's the threat of not enjoying premier football every season on the back of performances like that of yesterday that is making for the glum atmosphere on here at the moment.

I was there to witness a period of play in the second half when we had no structure, no ball, no idea how to get it back, and Wigan were just playing and passing at will. The goal followed.

It's not unpatriotic or any other negative term that anyone may apply to the business of looking into the abyss and realising we may be stepping into it.
I think you'll find the goal should not have stood! Duff was fouled and ignored, then they get the free kick and whilst the ball is still moving, and about 5 yds from where it should be, and Fulham players out of position as still talking to the ref about the fact Duff was fouled, they take the kick and score! Typical ref decision again!

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: domprague on January 13, 2013, 11:39:10 AM
I agree with you on the Liverpool preview. Toshes Fag Packet - a lot of us here have seen Fulham in all four divisions and so are aware that this is our Golden Age.

What is becoming frustrating is that we seem to have no plan. We don't seem to have any set piece moves, sides as limited as Southampton and Wigan could pass their way through our midfield and we are often hopelessly exposed and disorganised at the back.

I'm also not sure what job Berbatov is supposed to be doing. He wears the number 9 but keeps dropping back to our penalty area to get the ball.

I was delighted by our performance against Swansea, especially the second half. We lost due to goalkeeping errors but we ripped apart one of the most respected passing sides in the league and forced them to resort to hoofing the ball clear.

That looked a turning point as we seemed to have passion, drive and direction. But against Blackpool and Wigan it was back to aimless.

I agree with some points,but too many fans now at clubs throughout
the land start shouting for managers to be sacked.
How many have gone in the lower leagues in past couple of weeks.
Players and especially big bucks boys have to take more responsibility
when they get on the pitch.
The manager can only do so much.
Football Fans are so fickle nowadays,everyone thinks their side should
be top of the league.
Just look at Blackburn and the stick Keano took there,they are now worse
off without him.
Managers were never sacked years ago on the regular basis they are now.
And that is down to too many fans with huge expectations.
Dont get me wrong Id love to see us in top 6,but with the size and and
funds behind us it want happen,Too many of the big clubs have too many
bullets in their guns iM afraid.
COYW...

epsomraver

quote "Managers were never sacked years ago on the regular basis they are now", I think you will find they were.

Meerkat

I think it is the feeling that the players are not giving their all, why is this who know's down to the tactics of the manager, or some other problem something we never know, I know for a fact if I see the players giving their all, the fans will usually be behind them.  Fulham are not a big spending club compared to some in the Premier League because of this I think you need a certain manager that can get the best out of players we can buy, is this Martin Jol doesn't seem like it at the moment, but keeping cahnging managers doesn't help either. Also we haven't had a prima donna like Berbatov for a while is he causing ripples. It is all speculation that is all we can do and if it sounds as if we are moaning we probably are with frustration more than anything.  

Lighthouse

If the team is just poor and we cannot blame the manager then lets get in a manager who is used to fighting in the Championship. Cruel to keep such a good manager like Jol in charge of such a rabble he has no say or control in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: epsomraver on January 13, 2013, 11:51:32 AM
quote "Managers were never sacked years ago on the regular basis they are now", I think you will find they were.
Thats strange because on Radio 5 the other day they quoted that
there has been more managerial dismissals in the last two years than
there was in 6 years in the sixties and seventies...