more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (14/01/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 14, 2013, 07:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham Desperate To Keep Brede Hangeland

Fulham boss Martin Jol has once again stressed his desperation to keep hold of key defender Brede Hangeland.

The Norwegian giant is out of contract at the end of this season and will be available to leave Craven Cottage for free unless he pens a new deal.

Jol has confirmed that the 31-year-old has been offered an impressive contract to stay at the club but he is yet to make a decision.

West London rivals Queens Park Rangers are said to be at the front of the queue to snap up the experienced defender and they may even make a cheeky bid this month.

Jol is clearly worried about losing his best defender but he hopes the clubs ambitious signings such as Dimitar Berbatov and Mladen Petric could convince Hangeland that they are on the same page.

Hangeland is a fans favourite for the Whites but Jol knows that bigger clubs may well be after his signature come May.

"We will try to do everything that we are capable of to keep him," Jol told Sky Sports.

"There is a contract and the only thing for him to do is sign it.

"Players like Brede, if they have a decent history and are playing well for their clubs, then there will always be an interest.

"I thought he was quite happy to stay here. Of course, he wanted to know the mission of the club, who is coming in because there were quite a lot of players going out."

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/fulham/fulham-desperate-to-keep-brede-hangeland?

WhiteJC

Memory Lane

From the past or present, we catch up with a different Fulham personality. This week, Dennis Turner talks to Brian Greenaway.

A regular and welcome visitor to the Cottage is former player and lifelong Fulham supporter Brian Greenaway. He keeps in touch with his old teammate Les Strong and an hour spent listening to the two of them, often with some others from that era, talking about their playing days is time very well spent.

Now 55 but looking as trim as he did when he was a winger in the 1970s and early 1980s, Brian was happy to talk about his playing career, and the time he spent at the Cottage.

He was a Fulham supporter from the start, he admits. "I was born in Fulham and went to school in Fulham and my whole family apart from my Mum were Fulham fans. She supported Chelsea. My Dad used to take me along to watch when I was a boy. I just about caught the tail end of the Johnny Haynes period but I don't remember much about it. But as a teenager I was standing right behind the goal at the Hammersmith End when Alan Mullery got that stunning goal in the cup against Leicester City."

As a youngster Brian played schools football locally, and just enjoyed playing. "I never really thought about turning professional until towards the end of my schooldays. I was just happy to go out and play. But when I was about 14, I was playing for West London and must have had a reasonable game because West Ham United, Chelsea and Fulham all came in for me. As a Fulham supporter it was an easy choice to make. So I went along with the Fulham juniors, who were looked after by Ken Craggs. We had a useful side with the likes of Terry Bullivant, Tony Mahoney and Steve Scrivens in the squad. I remember my forms to sign as an apprentice came through the post on the morning of the FA Cup Final in 1975. I was just 17."

The Club was starting on a period of rapid change about this time, as Brain pointed out. "When I signed, Alec Stock was in charge but by the time I was in the reckoning for a chance in the First Team, Bobby Campbell had taken over. You can only speak as you find, and he was very good for me. The players liked him as a coach and for a while it looked as though we would push for promotion. But after a few years, it all went wrong for him and we got relegated. And it was a good team that went down, pretty much the same as the one that came back up a couple of years later. There is no real explanation of why a potentially good team should slide like we did other than a loss of confidence. I suppose the Manager had gone about as far as he could with the team and it was time for someone else to have a go.

"But I got my chance soon after Bobby Campbell took over. I'd had a couple of runs as substitute but over Christmas 1976, the Manager gave me my first start and it was against Chelsea at the Bridge. The crowd was 55,000 and included all my family. Strangely enough, I had no nerves about the crowd. I have always felt a small crowd can be more intimidating than a large one because you can hear what many of them are saying. But in a big crowd like that day at the Bridge, there is the constant noise which creates a terrific atmosphere. We lost that game2-0 to a Chelsea side which won promotion that season. But I still remember the thrill of lining up alongside George Best and Bobby Moore as a 19-year-old for my debut.

"I had always been an old fashioned winger. I liked to play out on the right and take the full-back on. My pace could usually take me past him and quite often I'd win free-kicks after being fouled. And then if the play was down the other flank, I used to like coming in late, unmarked for ball across the face of the goal. I got a few goals that way. I'd love to be playing in that role today because wingers seem to be back in fashion and can add an extra dimension to a team's play."

It was not until the following season that Brian established himself in the First Team, and it was a very promising side.

"We had some well-established players like Ray Evans, Strongie, John Lacy and John Mitchell," he recalled. "And the Manager signed Gerry Peyton and Richard Money and gave a young Tony Gale, John Margerrison and Gordon Davies a chance in the side. It was an exciting time and we did play very well on occasions, but we were inconsistent. I scored my first goals that season. I didn't get many but they all seemed to be worth points. In fact, five times I got the only goal of the game, twice got our goal in drawn games and once got the winner at Sheffield United when we won 2-1.   

"I remember the equaliser in a home game against Tottenham Hotspur. We played in the pouring rain and the Big Match cameras were there. Playing towards the Hammersmith End, a cross came over from the left which Tony Mahoney touched on. I came in from the right to shoot past Barry Daines in the Spurs goal. And I got the winner another televised game at Selhurst Park. When the final whistle went we were leading 1-0 and went back to the dressing room. While we were getting change, Bobby Campbell came in and told us that the referee had played five minutes short and wanted us back out to play the remaining time. It was a crazy situation but we held on and won 1-0."

Just when everything seemed to be going so well, Brian suffered an injury which changed his career. "It was so silly really," he explained. "We were training as usual and it was my turn to go in goal. I dived to save a shot but fell awkwardly and I was stretchered off and taken to hospital. It seemed I had punctured a lung and the injury kept me out for a couple of months. While I was out, Sean O'Driscoll came into my position. He played well and the team went on a good run that ended with promotion. I couldn't get back.

"I could understand Malcolm Macdonald's position and he was very fair. Under him, the Club was changing. It was a happier, more relaxed place, especially when Roger Thompson arrived from Arsenal to do the coaching. They did change my game a bit, though, wanting me to defend more and to tuck in and watch the full-backs coming forward. That was not part of the game I enjoyed as much but it was the sort of thing coaches everywhere wanted.

"At the end of the 1981/82 season, Malcolm told me that a club in Cyprus, Apoel in Nicosia, were interested. He said got out and have a look and get a few weeks sunshine. I went out and stayed two years. The lifestyle was great and my wife was pregnant and waking up each day in the sunshine suited us. The football was of a pretty average standard. It's improved a lot since then but was below English League standard. But the facilities were great, I had a good deal and we even played in the qualifying stages of the European Cup (now the UEFA Champions League).

"Then I came back to the UK and played a lot of non-League football. I had a great time at Wealdstone. In 1984/85 we won the equivalent of the Conference and the FA Trophy at the old Wembley Stadium. We were the first amateur team to do the double, and we were all genuine amateurs. We all had other jobs and mine was chauffeuring, something I've been doing now for 23 years."

From Wealdstone, Brian moved on to Dagenham, Tooting & Mitcham United, Slough Town, Wycombe Wanderers and Staines Town, finally retiring in the early 1990s in his mid-30s.

"I loved playing football," he confessed. "And in my final years was just playing for the fun of it. I do sometimes think of the unfortunate timing of that injury and also wish that I had been given a go at centre forward.  I can sympathise with Theo Walcott wanting to play down the middle because pace is such an asset. And I do think my style would have been suited to the modern game.

"But I have no regrets and no bad memories about Fulham. I love visiting, and I keep in touch with a few old teammates like Strongie and Teddy Maybank, although it is hard to recognise the Cottage as the same ground I played on 30 years ago. Watching the likes of Dimitar Berbatov is an absolute joy, as it was to play with George Best when I was younger. But what has changed is the gap that has emerged between the supporters and the players. In the old days, we would all come round to meet the supporters afterwards, even if we thought we would get some stick. The Manager came as well. These were the people after all who paid our salaries.

"But now, the players seem more remote, and their wages are paid by Sky. But this is a small gripe. Fulham always was a very special place and I'm delighted that the Club is in the top flight and playing the sort of football that is true to its traditions."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/january/13/memory-lane?

WhiteJC

Fulham 'missing Clint Dempsey's winners' says Jol

MARTIN Jol conceded he was missing Clint Dempsey's goals as his team failed to protect a slender advantage against Wigan Athletic on Saturday.

Giorgos Karagounis bagged his first Premier League goal for the club - following his FA Cup strike the week before - but ex Chelsea man Franco Di Santo earned the Latics a share of the spoils.

"It's much the same story," said the Fulham boss. "You're 1-0 up and you need another goal. When you can't score another goal, you look vulnerable.

"We've got quality and that will pull us through, but in the end, you have to score two goals. Last year more often than not - with Clint Dempsey getting a lot of winners - was decisive. This year, 1-0 most of the time isn't.

"It was almost the same as against Southampton [on Boxing Day].when we were 1-0 up and didn't score again and they scored an equaliser."

Jol added: "Of course it's easier said than done that if you're 1-0 up, you still have to dominate the game, but we had a little trouble to contain them and they had these litle players in the pockets.

"We could have nicked it at the end, but they could have won it as well, because they were the better team in the second half."

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2013/01/13/82029-32590095/?

WhiteJC

Ruiz: I don't know how Figueroa cleared off the line

Fulham striker Bryan Ruiz was left scratching his head as to how Wigan's Maynor Figueroa cleared his stoppage time strike off the line to earn his side a point at Craven Cottage.

The Whites have struggled at home this season and yesterday's 1-1 draw stretched their winless streak in west London to a fourth game.

Franco di Santo's thumping effort earned the Latics a deserved point, having fallen behind to a superb Giorgos Karagounis strike – his first in the Premier League – but the last-gasp goal-line clearance was a source of frustration.

Ruiz told www.fulhamfc.co.uk: "In the last minute of extra time I had a chance from a narrow angle, where I came inside and aimed to hit the ball inside the second post but I don't know how Maynor Figueroa kicked the ball off the line.

"It was a very good goal by Karagounis to put us 1-0 ahead and we were happy with the performance at half-time. In the second half Wigan came at us and made it difficult for us to play."

The Costa Rican added: "I think that we had the better of the first half and they came back and played better than us in the second half, so a draw is probably a fair result.

"But a draw is not what we want when we are playing in our own house. We want to get more points at the Cottage to improve our league position and maybe we could have won the match."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/ruiz_i_don_t_know_how_figueroa_cleared_off_the_line_1_1790927

WhiteJC

Cheeky Bent Bid

Reports are suggesting that Fulham are amongst several clubs who have expressed an interest in Aston Villa`s out of favour centre forward Darren Bent.

However, what makes our bid unique is that we offered, apparently, to take Bent on loan until the end of the season with a view to securing him on a permanent deal in the summer.

It seems that Aston Villa weren`t too flattered by our offer and the tabloid press go on to report that Villa are not interested in selling, or loaning, Bent to any fellow relegation threatened clubs.

Us! Relegation! Who are they kidding?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=305480#ixzz2HvyobEst

WhiteJC

Could Jol Be Heading Towards the Exit?

Two prominent Sunday tabloids are in agreement that Martin Jol may be lured away from Craven Cottage this summer.

They`ve both picked up on the fact that Jol may be tempted to return to German football with Schalke 04 looking towards Jol as a replacement for the recently vacated position.

Jol, as we all are perfectly aware, has managed in the Bundesliga with Hamburg, could he be lured away from West London?

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=305482

WhiteJC

Fulham reportedly make offer for Nordsjaelland defender Jores Okore

Jores Okore: Nordsjaelland defender has been linked with Fulham

Jores Okore's agent says the Nordsjaelland defender will be 'thorough' in looking through any offers following reports Fulham have made a bid.

The Denmark international has been linked with Manchester United and Newcastle United, and impressed for Nordsjaelland in the group stage of the Champions League this season.

Speculation has also claimed that Fulham have shown an interest and Okore's representative Nikola Juric is aware of the rumours.

"I heard that Fulham made an offer to sign Okore but his club rejected the proposal," Juric told Expressen.se.

"A lot of teams are interested in him. Half of the clubs in the Premier League are after him, so is Lyonand many others.

"He is only 20 years old and, if he signs with a club in England, he obviously won't be expecting to be playing regularly right away.

"So he knows that he has to be thorough sorting through all these offers and, for him, the most important thing is that a new club has a plan for him."

Ukrainian duo Dinamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk have previously been linked with Okore, with clubs in Germany and Russia also following his progress.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8395157?

WhiteJC

Baird Leaving?

Our Irish international defender-cum-midfielder, could be leaving Craven Cottage.

Baird, now 30, is still waiting for contract talks to be opened with his current deal set to expire at the end of this season.

The inference, in the press, is that Baird wants to remain a Cottager but with West Bromwich Albion and Reading both keen on taking the player, a move may materialise.

We`ll keep you informed.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=305483#ixzz2HvzZsBYR

WhiteJC

Stockdale`s Hull Return

This week we fully expect Steve Bruce to make a move to take David Stockdale back to the KC Stadium.

Before his sudden recall, after Martin Jol deemed it necessary after injuries left us short of keeper cover, Steve Bruce had spoken about wanting to keep Stockdale.

Bruce is now keener than ever to lure Stockdale back to the KC Stadium having seen his other loan keeper, Ben Amos, recalled by Manchester United

Now whether a move for Stockdale will be on loan or a permanent one; remains to be seen.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=305484#ixzz2HvzkGqOd

WhiteJC

Spending Big

Rumours are rife in one Sunday tabloid that Fulham are set to splash the cash.

Our apparent target, with a fee of £8 million being quoted is the Rennes midfielder Yann M`Vila.

Supposedly a target for Queens Park Rangers, Martin Jol is hoping to persuade the 22 year-old that Craven Cottage is a better option than Loftus Road with the grapevine insisting that M`Vila is reluctant to move to QPR.

Apparently, Jol has had scouts watching the player and sees him as a better option than Tom Huddlestone who, with a price tag of £7 million slapped on him, has slipped down Jol`s pecking order.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=305485#ixzz2HvzvTQ2Q

WhiteJC

£5m for Schelotto looks to be value, but is the timing right?

Fulham and Everton have been scouting a young winger from Serie A say The Mirror.

Matias Schelotto, 23, has been impressive during the first half of the season and is getting plenty of attention from various clubs. Schelotto is available for a fee thought to be around £5 million from Italian side Atalanta. The pacey Italian could provide some extra impetus where ever he went for the remainder of the season.

Though he was born in Argentina he is eligible to play for Italy and he featured frequently for the Italian under-21 side, making his  his debut for the senior national team against England.

Fulham have had some poor results recently, wining just two of their last six fixtures, and could do with some one adding some more quality to their wide play. Though they are usually stronger in the second half of the season, Martin Jol will not want to take any risks. Fulham are currently only 8 points clear of the relegation zone and this may force him into a signing or two in January.

Everton meanwhile have a very strong squad, especially on the wings. Pienaar on the left, and Mirallas on the right provide excellent service for the likes of Fellaini and Jelavic in the middle. The 6 foot 1 number 7 from Atalanta would give David Moyes' more options from the bench, plus he has also played at right back for the Italian under-21 side.

Schlotto could prove a useful signing for either side, however coming from Italy he may not adapt to the Premier League immediately. Might this make him a risky Janauary signing?

http://threeandin.com/2013/01/13/5m-for-schelotto-looks-to-be-value-but-is-the-timing-right/?

WhiteJC

Nordsjaelland reject Fulham bid for Jores Okore, claims agent
The Danish side have reportedly rejected an approach from the west London club for the defender, who has caught the eye of clubs across England and Europe this season

Fulham have had an offer for FC Nordsjaelland centre-back Jores Okore rejected, according to the player's agent.

The 20-year-old Ivorian-born Denmark international came to the fore in this season's Champions League campaign against Chelsea, Juventus and Shakhtar Donetsk with performances that have attracted interest from major clubs across Europe.

However, according to the player's representative Nikola Juric, it is Fulham that have made the first approach for his in-demand client - one that was swiftly rejected by Nordsjaelland.

"I heard that Fulham made an offer to sign Okore but his club rejected the proposal," Juric told Expressen.se.
"A lot of teams are interested in him. Half of the clubs in the Premier League are after him, so is Lyon and many others.

"He is only 20 years old," Juric continued. "If he signs with a club in England, he obviously won't be expecting to be playing regularly right away.

"So he knows that he has to be thorough sorting through all these offers and, for him, the most important thing is that a new club has a plan for him."

Fulham have been linked with strengthening their backline this January, after selling right-back Stephen Kelly to Reading and speculation continuing over the possible departure of captain Brede Hangeland.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/01/13/3670065/-?

WhiteJC

Another Belgian: Martin Jol's Fulham in £3m move for superteen Bernard Malanda-Adje

It's a smash and grab for the little defender, with Martin Jol looking to get the deal done quick before the big clubs spot him!

Fulham boss Martin Jol is making a £3million move for Belgian teenage sensation centre half Bernard Malanda-Adje.

Jol's spies have told him to sign the 18-year-old who plays every game for high-flying Waregem after joining them from French side Lille.

Malanda-Adje is small for a defender but has been outstanding for his new club - with Jol keen to snap him up before bigger teams come for him.

Fulham are happy to invest in young talent with a big sell-on value and could land Malanda-Adje in a rush - and then decide how and when to bring him into their 1st XI.

Romanian winger up for it

Banel Nicolita has opened the door to a January switch to Fulham, writes Darren Witcoop

Romanian winger Nicolita, 28, is on Martin Jol's wish-list as he looks to bolster his squad.

Nicolita, who is currently sidelined by injury, is wanted from French outfit St Etienne.

He said: "I understand there is a long-term interest.

"There are no reasons why I cannot leave and I would like to play in England."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfer-news-martin-jol-1533064?

WhiteJC

We're not Real Madrid! Martin Jol gives Fulham boo boys a reality check

Cottagers fail to hang on to lead against Wigan, but manager quick to remind hostile fans that it's not like watching Brazil (or Real)

Martin Jol admits his Fulham side are still finding their way five months into the season.

Encouraging results in the early days of the campaign have faded into frustration, with the Whites walking off to half-hearted booing at full time after failing to hold on to their lead against Wigan.

Giorgos Karagounis followed up last week's FA Cup stunner with another majestic strike to notch his first League goal.

But the home side allowed Wigan to seize the initiative in the second half and were punished by Franco di Santo.

And Jol warned the unhappy supporters there will be more days like these, and fans need to have more realistic expectations.

He said: "I can understand it [the booing] as a professional but I would like them to understand that we are still not Real Madrid, we are Fulham.

"We have got a few problems rebuilding the team so hopefully they will understand in the future.

"If not then we will probably have this more and more because we will have these sort of performances.

"We had a very good start, we had a settled team before and we are a bit unsettled now because we are the only team in the Premier League who are have still not found their feet in January.

"We looked a bit predictable and we will have to change it."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-1-1-wigan-martin-jol-1532867?

WhiteJC

Fulham & West Ham Chasing French Under 21 International Defender

Fabrice N'Sakala wanted at Upton Park and Craven Cottage

West Ham's search for defensive reinforcements could lead to the signing of left-back Fabrice N'Sakala from Troyes, although boss Sam Allardyce faces competition from Premier League rivals Fulham.

Allardyce stepped up his search for new faces in defence after Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Sunderland with James Collins joining a growing list of absentees and the 22-year-old N'Sakala is among a list of possible signings as the West Ham boss looks to take teenager Daniel Potts out of the firing line.

Source: Sportinglife

Speaking after the defeat, Allardyce said: "The big blow for me is not having enough defenders at the moment. There are too many of my defenders injured. We have had too many injuries recently, and the defensive side of our team is particularly weak and short of numbers now. I am really going to have to go and try to strengthen that area in the next few days."

But Fulham are also equally keen on signing the young France under-21 international, who is out of contract next summer and yet to agree new terms with Troyes where he has spent his entire professional career.

N'Sakala said: "I have heard about the interest from the newspapers, but no-one at the club has said anything to me. I love English football, as anyone who loves football loves the football they play there."

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/01/13/fulham-west-ham-chasing-french-under-21-international-defender/?

WhiteJC

Fulham the latest club to try and sign defender Okore

Fulham have joined the list of clubs showing interest in Nordsjaelland defender Jores Okore.

The 20-year-old Danish international has already attracted attention from Newcastle and Manchester United but all offers have fallen short of the £5m valuation.

His agent Nikola Juric said: 'I heard that Fulham made an offer to sign Okore but his club rejected the proposal.

New signing? Fulham boss Martin Jol

'A lot of teams are interested in him. He is only 20 years old and, if he signs with a club in England, he obviously won't be expecting to be playing regularly right away.

'So he knows that he has to be thorough sorting through all these offers.'

Fulham have also expressed interest in QPR target Yann M'Vila at Rennes. QPR's offer of £7.3m for M'Vila has been rejected but manager Harry Redknapp watched him against Bordeaux on Saturday.

West Bromwich Albion have also rejected QPR'S opening bid of £2m for Peter Odemwingie, 31, but Redknapp at least hopes to finalise the loan of Jake Livermore from Tottenham.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261860/Fulham-eye-Jores-Okore-deal.html#ixzz2Hw27YWZ0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham manager Martin Jol hits back at jeers from crowd following uninspiring draw with Wigan Athletic
Martin Jol was quick to hit back after rumbles of discontent around Craven Cottage grew to a volley of derision at the end of this unimpressive draw with struggling Wigan Athletic.

Fighting back: Martin Jol criticised the Fulham fans for getting on the back of certain players Photo: PA

"As a football manager I can understand it but if you see, for example, Bryan Ruiz, he has to do a job for us and the fans start from the first moment to be on his back. That is what I don't like," he said.

Craven Cottage hardly looks like a fortress but Fulham's traditional dominance at their Thameside bastion has been the prime reason for top-flight survival. Now the tide has turned and the home side's fortunate point against strugglers Wigan means they have won only four times in 11 league matches in front of their increasingly agitated support.

"I would like them to understand that we are still not Real Madrid, we are Fulham and we have got a few problems rebuilding the team.
So hopefully they will understand in the future and if not, then we will probably have this more and more because we will have these sort of performances."

Giorgos Karagounis drilled Fulham ahead midway through the first half but the home side were unable to build on it against a quick and hard-working Wigan side who belied their bottom-three placing.

Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer produced a wondrous second-half save from Shaun Maloney's deflected thunderbolt but had no answer to a fierce drive from Franco Di Santo, who was assisted by some anaemic home defending in the 71st minute.

Wigan have now failed to beat Fulham in 13 attempts but there was a moral victory here, especially as they had to show commendable character in the closing stages to ensure the point that lifted them out of the bottom three.

Iván Ramis departed on a stretcher with what Roberto Martínez, the Wigan manager, feared could be a serious knee injury and fellow defender Maynor Figueroa somehow kept out Ruiz's goalbound effort right at the death.

Martínez said: "The pundits are quick to mention Wigan are favourites for relegation. We need to change that perception, we need to change that mental approach. I'm pleased with the manner we have been playing and coping with everything that has come our way.

"Today maybe it feels like dropping two points but I have to be very pleased with the outcome."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/9798928/Fulham-manager-Martin-Jol-hits-back-at-jeers-from-crowd-following-uninspiring-draw-with-Wigan-Athletic.html

WhiteJC

PAJTIM KASAMI'S WANTS TO LEAVE FULHAM FOR WOLFSBURG

FULHAM winger Pajtim Kasami wants to quit Craven Cottage and join Wolfsburg this month.

Kasami, who was once fined £500 by Fulham boss Martin Jol for missing a penalty, is frustrated with life on the bench and has asked his agent to get him a move.

The Macedonian-born Switzerland Under-21 striker is on the radar of two Italian clubs – ­Sampdoria and Lazio.

Former club Palermo have ruled out taking him back.

But Kasami, 20, favours a move to Germany and the transfer could go through this week as Fulham make room for new signings.

Defender Stephen Kelly is expected to complete his move to Reading this week.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/292882/?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss lukewarm over Manchester United 'carrot'

MARTIN JOL plans to give Dimitar Berbatov (pictured) and some other first team regulars a rest in Tuesday night's FA Cup replay at Blackpool.

The Fulham boss is starting to worry about the league form and the workload on his players and he also admits the prospect of a fourth round tie away at Manchester United will affect his selection.

The Dutchman has hinted there is little point in draining his resources unduly when an 'unwinnable tie' may be the reward.

"The draw might have done that [affected my feelings about the FA Cup replay]," Jol said.

"I was really happy to go to Blackpool, and stay in the draw, and then I saw the draw.

"It's not easy, but maybe our neighbours can do something about it, because I would love to play a derby game in the cup against West Ham.

"I try to play the best team all the time and I feel that we need to change the team for Blackpool to maybe give players like Berbatov – who played all the matches – a rest.

"But I have to make a decision on that, because I still feel under the circumstances that it is very important to stay in that cup."

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2013/01/13/82029-32592645/?

WhiteJC

'I'll end Hull City goalkeeper crisis': Fulham's David Stockdale back on Steve Bruce radar after Sheffield Wednesday shock

HULL City boss Steve Bruce will still make signing a new goalkeeper his priority this week – despite Eldin Jakupovic being given a clean bill of health.

A potential goalkeeping crisis for the FA Cup tie at Leyton Orient tomorrow appears to have been averted as the Swiss stopper now looks set to play.

But, having been badly at fault as the Tigers lost 3-1 at home to lowly Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, Bruce will up his search for a new number one again.

Fulham's David Stockdale remains the preferred choice if a long-term loan can be agreed.

The 27-year-old impressed during his brief loan spell at the KC, and although he would be ineligible for the FA Cup, his situation is still being monitored by the Tigers.

Jakupovic spilled a routine corner into his own net to gift the Owls a late 2-1 advantage before his attempts to rectify the error resulted in a clash with Wednesday defender Reda Johnson on Saturday.

A lengthy stoppage eventually saw him stretchered off in a neck brace and taken to Hull Royal Infirmary for extensive tests.

City confirmed yesterday that any serious injury had been avoided and although he will be checked again this morning, the goalkeeper should yet be fit to face Orient tomorrow.

However, Bruce admits signing a new goalkeeper is now a priority.

"As a club we've had too many goalkeepers over the last couple of years," he said.

"I've said before it's not a healthy situation and we'll look to address it if we can. We'll see how Eldin is feeling on Monday and take it from there. We've just got Mark Oxley back fit and it's always a risky time when you've only got two goalkeepers."

Oxley was handed his City debut as a late replacement on Saturday and became the ninth different goalkeeper used in the Tigers' last 80 Championship games.

The former Rotherham rookie is cup-tied tomorrow, leaving only Jakupovic and youth-team member Joe Cracknell available.

Bruce hinted that Jakupovic will be granted a chance to redeem himself if fit after a previous run of three consecutive clean-sheets.

"He's made a mistake for the second goal, he'll know that, but he's a goalkeeper and sometimes they make mistakes," he said.

"He's been excellent over the past five or six weeks.

"The one thing you want to do when you've made a mistake is to go out and put it right at the first opportunity. Hopefully, he'll be ready."

Jakupovic's mistake compounded a poor team performance from the promotion-chasing Tigers as an eight-game unbeaten run came to a halt.

Although Robert Koren's header cancelled out Reda Johnson's opener, the own-goal capped a nervous performance from the 28-year-old to push Bruce into the market.

The City boss has been linked with Blackburn's Paul Robinson and Nottingham Forest's Lee Camp, but Stockdale would be his preferred choice.

The Leeds-born stopper was back on the bench for Fulham on Saturday following the return to fitness of Mark Schwarzer.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/story-17852804-detail/story.html?