News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

King Karagounis - you can't help but love him!

Started by Alf_Tupper, January 18, 2013, 05:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

He's the only one that really seems to want it in the last few games, would rather have him start than anyone else at the moment- 065.gif long live king kara
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

vbg cottager

Still can't believe that we got him and Diarra on free transfers!

Our greek gladiator is one of just a few guys who give their best for the club at the moment...

I really hope he stays for another 2 years or so.

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: Holders on January 18, 2013, 06:32:24 PM
I really thought it was out of order when he arrived and people disparagingly called him the "Ancient Greek" or "bandy old man", he's a European Championship winner, after all, in an unfancied but impressive Greek team.

He's was, and is, a class footballer -and to see his genuine delight at scoring and celebrating others' goals is a bonus.

It's a privilege to have him here - he reminds me of Mullery.

I totally agree.

JackyFulham90

Karagounis & Diarra fully fit would be interesting to see

Motown

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 18, 2013, 06:38:28 PM
A real character, quality player and positive influence. If only he were ten years younger!

We couldn't have afforded him in his heyday, but he's still a class act.
You only get true support from surgical pants

Classic94

Top player and character. If he were a little younger I would have no hesitation in making him captain, but he can still have an impact. Definitely worth a 1 year extension.

VicHalomsLovechild

Scrumpy

I'm going to sound big-headed, but I always knew he would be a quality signing for us. I am just really annoyed that he was not played regularly a little earlier in the season. He has been a leader wherever he has played, and I can think of worse players to be our Captain for the 2013-14 season!

:Haynes The Maestro:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Holders

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 18, 2013, 11:42:37 PM
I'm going to sound big-headed, but I always knew he would be a quality signing for us. I am just really annoyed that he was not played regularly a little earlier in the season. He has been a leader wherever he has played, and I can think of worse players to be our Captain for the 2013-14 season!

:Haynes The Maestro:

Yes, I thought that but maybe he needed match fitness.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

Completely agree - a great signing by Jol.

He is a top pro, and a top bloke - who leads by example.

Alf_Tupper

Berserker

Special with his bod, opps did I just say that, smacked wrist.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

premFlem

makes you wonder how good he must have  been in his prime.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

The Old Count

Great player. Looks like he'll be good for another season.  Balances the midfield brilliantly which allows Parker and Sidwell to play to their strengths.

RaySmith

'The heart of a lion', as someone said.

Great player, and a great influence - seems even better under Rene.

epsomraver

I thought it was him that played the sublime ball to Kaka that got the penalty but BBC say Berbatov ?

Berserker

All they went on about on the BBC was Berbertov, bit unfair on the rest of the team I thought
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bill taylors apprentice

I had my eye on him just before he was subbed and I had to chuckle at his actions.

While the free kick in front of the dug out was being sorted, he was right by the touch line and on seeing the board being prepared he asked "am I being subbed". When he was told yes he turned and walked as far away as he could before the board went up. Then walked as slowly as he could back to where he started from. 
Milking it.     

EJL

Quote from: epsomraver on December 08, 2013, 09:06:52 PM
I thought it was him that played the sublime ball to Kaka that got the penalty but BBC say Berbatov ?
Yeah, it was Berbatov's flick.