watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR splashing the cash

Started by horse1031, January 18, 2013, 08:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

i have seen bids up to 14 million fo M'vila.  Surely that is suicide for a team at the bottom of the table to spend that much???  They have Remy in and now are going for bigger names.  I will tell you what, they do have ambition.   :023:

if they get all these guys in they are going to make a push to get out of the mess they are in.  going to be an interesting end to the season.

i do know that Fernandes did pay for all the debt they had there.

vbg cottager

Pompey part 2...

Great job Harry! At least it is a club no one likes and not a lovely one like Portsmouth!

horse1031

umm.... would Mo do this??   :005:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're QPR owner Tony Fernandes and you're trying to sign Marseille's Loic Remy, how do you convince a player to sign for a last-place club in January? Well, lots of money (QPR paid Marseille a club-record £8 million transfer fee and Remy is getting more than £70,000 a week, according to the BBC) and a relegation clause, of course. But apparently the icing on that relegation-proof money cake was a game of FIFA 12 with Fernandes himself.
From QPR's official website:
Fernandes spent over four hours persuading the 26 year-old that W12 was the right place for him to pursue his footballing career – and after the talks finished, the duo found time for a showdown on the world's favourite football console game.
"It was a special moment that followed our chat about QPR," Remy told www.qpr.co.uk.
"We just played a game of FIFA – it was good and showed to me what a good person Tony is.
"He showed his human side to me as an owner of the club I wanted to join. It was a special moment for us both."
Playing as Bayern Munich, Remy triumphed 6-0 against Fernandes's Argentina in game one, before the R's Chairman fought back to claim a share of the spoils in an eight-goal thriller, only to lose on penalties.
First of all, I'm not sure why they played FIFA 12 instead of the current FIFA 13 (mayber Fernandes wishes it was still last year when he avoided relegation without buying a bunch of old and overpriced wastes of shirt numbers?), but that's what the site specified. Also, playing club v country is never right, especially when a Premier League contract is on the line. This is clearly the future of the sport, though. There will come a day when all top-level decisions in football are decided over games of FIFA. Or Mario Kart.

St Eve

Why is it suicide? They are 5 points from safety - 2 wins. They invest 14 million and if they stay up what a great investment.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: St Eve on January 18, 2013, 09:15:58 PM
Why is it suicide? They are 5 points from safety - 2 wins. They invest 14 million and if they stay up what a great investment.
Sorry Ste ve but how is it agreat investment? Surely even if they stay up, they can't afford those wages for too many years! Also the chances are that if they do stay up the outstanding members of the team would be targeted by the 'elite' clubs! And therefore they would have to respend big(obviously they would sell and get some reasonable money back, but still!) and don't have the capacity to cover it. How much are the owners prepared to continue this big spend from their own pockets? Obviously we don't know the answer but it is a very risky game they are playing. Old shakey will do his usual, as well if it goes t*ts up by walking after making another club bust!

horse1031

IF they stay up it could be a good signing for them.  The answer isnt always throwing more money into the team.  Some have tried and most have failed and have been relegated.  One of Fulham's greatest strengths and reasons they have stayed in the prem is good sound deals.  I would be a little scared if i was a QPR fan.  Still, i understand that they might as well do everything they can to stay up...

St Eve

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 18, 2013, 09:27:13 PM
Sorry Ste ve but how is it agreat investment? Surely even if they stay up, they can't afford those wages for too many years! Also the chances are that if they do stay up the outstanding members of the team would be targeted by the 'elite' clubs! And therefore they would have to respend big(obviously they would sell and get some reasonable money back, but still!) and don't have the capacity to cover it. How much are the owners prepared to continue this big spend from their own pockets? Obviously we don't know the answer but it is a very risky game they are playing. Old shakey will do his usual, as well if it goes t*ts up by walking after making another club bust!
If they stay up they get an automatic sum of money. What is it these days? 75-100 million. They have another season with capacity crowds. If they go down there is a fire sale, crowds reduce, no big pay day and they sell the 2 new signings. There is no down side.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: St Eve on January 18, 2013, 09:42:35 PM
If they stay up they get an automatic sum of money. What is it these days? 75-100 million. They have another season with capacity crowds. If they go down there is a fire sale, crowds reduce, no big pay day and they sell the 2 new signings. There is no down side.
Except if they go down, have a fire sale and reduced crowds the chances are they continue on this path like Portsmouth, Leeds etc?

St Eve

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 18, 2013, 09:47:45 PM
Quote from: St Eve on January 18, 2013, 09:42:35 PM
Except if they go down, have a fire sale and reduced crowds the chances are they continue on this path like Portsmouth, Leeds etc?
Why? They have invested 14 million. They will get that back anyway. I am not commenting on their previous dealings just the 2 new players. Spend 14 million and stay up or go down and get the 14 million back. with no investment they are probably down anyway.
More worrying is that QPR, Saints, Newcastle, Reading, Wigan have invested for survival. What have we done? Sold Kelly!

Motown

Not sure if any of the bitters fans have ever heard of the Pompey chimes - they might do soon.
You only get true support from surgical pants

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Hello Mo !!!!!! who care what they are splashing...................what's the latest coc...........tail  ????  and how the devil are you !!!!

Aldo

Rednapp: "It's a big signing, a big transfer fee for this club but if you look around the Premier League, you see this sort of money being spent almost every week. I think we've got real good value."

Who is he trying to convince, us or himself?

St Eve

Didn't take long for him to score

SP

QPR really do seem to be getting the luck, WHU are battering them but can't convert a chance.  All is not lost though, on comes Carlton Cole...

RoyTund

How they got away with a point.  absolutely battered by West Ham.