watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Re: January Transfers/Rumours Thread

Started by TWFL, December 23, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cebu

Apparently he is injured - of course I don't know if he has the FFC standard hamstring injury on top of his cruciate ligament problems.

Admin

Quote from: cebu on December 24, 2012, 12:22:41 AM
Apparently he is injured - of course I don't know if he has the FFC standard hamstring injury on top of his cruciate ligament problems.

Cruciate ligament. He's recoving from the injury, we paid his medical bill hence the low fee. Not a bad goalkeeper apparently, very versatile..

Tomo

Quote from: supersimmo123 on December 23, 2012, 06:57:41 PM
Some transfer news really picking up speed across twitter...

McDonald Mariga - Kenyan CM from Inter - Joining on Loan with a view to a permanent move...

http://www.futaa.com/football/article/fulham-preparing-to-sign-mariga - also loads of ITK Agents commenting on this saying it has sustance

Alexander Madlung - Deal done and will be confirmed as a free signing on 3rd Jan - Again all over Twitter

Skybet have slashed Darren Bents odds to join Fulham down from 3/1 to 9/4 on, maybe something to do with an interview with Lambert after the Chelsea game?

Hardly slashed? 3/1 to 9/4 is half a point. Wouuld be pleased to see the signing nonetheless.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Tomo on December 24, 2012, 12:46:28 AM
Quote from: supersimmo123 on December 23, 2012, 06:57:41 PM
Some transfer news really picking up speed across twitter...

McDonald Mariga - Kenyan CM from Inter - Joining on Loan with a view to a permanent move...

http://www.futaa.com/football/article/fulham-preparing-to-sign-mariga - also loads of ITK Agents commenting on this saying it has sustance

Alexander Madlung - Deal done and will be confirmed as a free signing on 3rd Jan - Again all over Twitter

Skybet have slashed Darren Bents odds to join Fulham down from 3/1 to 9/4 on, maybe something to do with an interview with Lambert after the Chelsea game?

Hardly slashed? 3/1 to 9/4 is half a point. Wouuld be pleased to see the signing nonetheless.

He said 9/4 on. They must have that on good authority as that is a very short price for a transfer.

HatterDon

I understand Somogyi [or whatever] is trying to decide whether to change his name to Lee Cook or Jari Litmanen.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JustOverTheRiver

Lambert hates him; Benteke is better.  But a cut price deal in early January?

JimmyDunnesBum

unless he can play decent midfield , we don't need him.

Mr K.Dilkington

Benteke is better? They play the striking role completely different and Bent is a proven premier league goalscorer whereas Benteke's played in the league like half a season. But I do think we need someone like that, Rodallega seems to be horribly inconsistent and too easily bullied out of games/goes missing for instance the QPR game.
Foolish ham

EJL

If Ruiz is injured, I'd rather Berbatov playing off Bent than Berbatov off Rodallege.

Saying that, we don't need him - AT ALL

itombomb

Be a huge waste of money. He's one of the ultimate 'goals are overrated' players.

Walsh

I'm sorry but I think Darren Bent is a class player and would actually do really well for us but on the other hand do we really need him? probably not no.

EJL

Quote from: Walsh on December 24, 2012, 02:18:37 PM
I'm sorry but I think Darren Bent is a class player and would actually do really well for us but on the other hand do we really need him? probably not no.
I think that's most people's views.

Admin

Quote from: EJL on December 24, 2012, 02:28:15 PM
Quote from: Walsh on December 24, 2012, 02:18:37 PM
I think that's most people's views.

I can't see how a traditional out and out 10+ a season striker is a bad thing.

RidgeRider

Bent seems to "hot up" when he first gets to a new home, like he did at Sunderland and Villa. Besides a creative central midfielder, another CB, he might be one of the key things we need to make it through the remainder of the season. I would think short term with him.....6 months with the option of one more year.

JustOverTheRiver

Benteke and Bent do play the same role, be it different or not - Benteke is the future for them.

My thinking is: if Petric goes at the end of the season (and the end of his contract) and suddenly we look a little thin up front (especially considering how inconsistent Rodders is) we might be looking for a cheap face to bring in. if we were to miss out on Bent this January because he leaves Villa for a cut price to go to a team competing with us for mid table positions, wont we look back on it and think "ah, damn, we missed out" ?

JustOverTheRiver

Saying this, the midfield is a much bigger and more current issue.

EJL

Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on December 24, 2012, 02:56:01 PM
Benteke and Bent do play the same role, be it different or not - Benteke is the future for them.

My thinking is: if Petric goes at the end of the season (and the end of his contract) and suddenly we look a little thin up front (especially considering how inconsistent Rodders is) we might be looking for a cheap face to bring in. if we were to miss out on Bent this January because he leaves Villa for a cut price to go to a team competing with us for mid table positions, wont we look back on it and think "ah, damn, we missed out" ?
I like your thinking. I'm more open to it now. For the right price, of course ;)

Mr K.Dilkington

I would be disappointed if Bent as you say were to go to a competing mid table team in January and was able to rediscover his sunderland form, although I do agree the midfield and the defence should take highest priority in january. The thing is Rodallega's goal record at Wigan wasn't really that good (I believe it was 24 goals in 113 apps) so they knew what they were getting before they signed him, I kinda think they just signed him for the sake of it as he was on a free and to fill in the gaps left by Johnson and Zamora. His work rate which probably is his best asset was shown off against Newcastle although I personally think the QPR game summed him up as a player, Ineffective when put up against strong CB's.
Foolish ham

CH FFC

Quote from: EJL on December 24, 2012, 02:08:40 PM
If Ruiz is injured, I'd rather Berbatov playing off Bent than Berbatov off Rodallege.

Saying that, we don't need him - AT ALL

I agree with you, we do NOT need Bent!

Why have so many people jumped on this Darren Bent train?
Why would we be looking for an overpriced, nearly 30 year old striker......who is hardly flexible and good at one style.

CH FFC

Quote from: FFC to the Max on December 24, 2012, 03:25:14 PM
I would be disappointed if Bent as you say were to go to a competing mid table team in January and was able to rediscover his sunderland form, although I do agree the midfield and the defence should take highest priority in january. The thing is Rodallega's goal record at Wigan wasn't really that good (I believe it was 24 goals in 113 apps) so they knew what they were getting before they signed him, I kinda think they just signed him for the sake of it as he was on a free and to fill in the gaps left by Johnson and Zamora. His work rate which probably is his best asset was shown off against Newcastle although I personally think the QPR game summed him up as a player, Ineffective when put up against strong CB's.
I do not agree with your opinion, and his goal record is skewed as he was usually not played as a striker.