watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Re: January Transfers/Rumours Thread

Started by TWFL, December 23, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWFL

Interesting signing. A young keeper, must mean one of Schwarz/Stockers is out. Bent in isn't too bad although can't say these are priority signings.

I'll add one the Mr Fulham posted on Twitter a few days back: http://www.ligainsider.de/alexander-madlung_353/bild-vor-wechsel-zu-fulham-56908/

Alexander Madlung. He is set to watch us play vs. Southampton on Wednesday. Another one from our European adventure a while back.

EJL

Has Jol actually said anything about Bent? Any indicator that he wants to sign him?

We need to make sure we win these two Christmas fixtures so we're in a better position to attract players in January.

BishopsParkFantastic

Why should we be interested in Bent, at some mammoth inflated fee, when striker is Berbatov's best position (supported by Ruiz)? Jol has already warned Fulham supporters not to have high expectations about the January transfer window....

TWFL

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on December 23, 2012, 01:01:19 AM
Why should we be interested in Bent, at some mammoth inflated fee, when striker is Berbatov's best position (supported by Ruiz)? Jol has already warned Fulham supporters not to have high expectations about the January transfer window....
He won't tell us to have high expectations and that we are going to buy buy buy because that'll just raise the price for players. Also if things don't work in our favour then he'd rather lower expectations now than have to lower them later.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: TWFL on December 23, 2012, 01:06:54 AM
Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on December 23, 2012, 01:01:19 AM
He won't tell us to have high expectations and that we are going to buy buy buy because that'll just raise the price for players. Also if things don't work in our favour then he'd rather lower expectations now than have to lower them later.
Jol knows how little money he is going to be given to spend. Jol knows that it may be difficult to attract high calibre players to a struggling team. Jol knows that players may be put off by the contracts we are offering them. Still, there must be other players like Tavares out there to choose from?

ElissonSnygg

I gotta say that Bent is really exciting
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

TonyGilroy

Strengthening midfield is about all that's necessary in my opinion but it's crucial.

We need muscle, pace and leadership there to stop opponents dominating midfield. I've no idea who but without that we're f****d.

Everything else can wait. The defence improves with more protection and the forwards likewise with some service.

Then the spirit and confidence improves.

A Humble Man

If we get strikers from teams struggling to score gaols why should they do any better for us.  We have already signed one of those from Wigan which proves the point.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

L-Wizzy

Sergi Reberto from barca b, talksport has linked us with him so has spanish newspapers
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

SP

I wouldn't be disappointed with Wigan's keeper & striker, Kone.

Keefy

As always we are linked with everyone and his brother. In general signings turn out to be individuals that no-one has heard,so I will believe when I see it.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: TWFL on December 23, 2012, 01:06:54 AM

Mmmmmm... that's all a bit contrived isn't it?

Jack Fulham

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot
RT @svenclaes: @BelgoFoot Sinan Bolat is talking with Fulham about a new contract. Standard and Fulham have already come to agreement. #FFC

Lighthouse

Ah yes the one position we have cover for and yet again we could sign a keeper.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Am I the only one who saw us linked with Yohan Gourcuff in the last couple of weeks?

I didn't mention it here because I was sure one of you folks would've seen it as well. I'm guessing since it didn't get mentioned here, it's not worth worrying about. Or is it?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Jack Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 23, 2012, 12:48:29 PM
Am I the only one who saw us linked with Yohan Gourcuff in the last couple of weeks?

I didn't mention it here because I was sure one of you folks would've seen it as well. I'm guessing since it didn't get mentioned here, it's not worth worrying about. Or is it?

he's the sort of midfielder we need but I think he's a bit injury prone so he's also not the sort of midfielder we need. Quality player though.

NFP

BILD saying that Alex Madlung has agreed to move to fulham and is talking with them about the contract. Fits the Jol principle of "we'l' buy unhappy players who want to move."

Fernhurst

Strengthening midfield is about all that's necessary in my opinion but it's crucial.

We need muscle, pace and leadership there to stop opponents dominating midfield. I've no idea who but without that we're f****d.

Everything else can wait. The defence improves with more protection and the forwards likewise with some service.

[/quote]

The clearest articulation of what I've been feeling for a while.

At the text size I need these days I can't see the name of the person posting without scrolling right on the iphone. No surprise when I discovered it was Tony Gilroy.

Lets raid Spurs and capture Sigurdsson!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Flupp

Jack Butland
Simon Kjaer
Aaron Ramsey
Barry Bannan
Gylfi Sigurdsson
Gary Hooper

xmascheer1
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 23, 2012, 01:07:08 PM

The clearest articulation of what I've been feeling for a while.

At the text size I need these days I can't see the name of the person posting without scrolling right on the iphone. No surprise when I discovered it was Tony Gilroy.

Lets raid Spurs and capture Sigurdsson!
[/quote]

Would love for that to happen! I wanted him when he'd decided to move on from Reading (believe that's right).  

We wouldn't pay his wage demands though I'd bet.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude