watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now that Nelsen is to leave Q P R

Started by Only Me, January 23, 2013, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Hardly anyone does  things just for money - well, probably only at the bottom end of society , where people do  rubbish jobs  just because they need the money.

But doing things  for money mainly, is probably more true in today's recessionary times - and this probably includes footballers, who may  also feel a greater need to secure their long term future, even they are so well paid.

A lot of ex-players go bankrupt apparently - due to fecklesness with their earnings when they had them

BalDrick

If I were him I'd be looking at doing a Bosman. And even if he is tempted by the riches the odious Redknapp has no doubt tapped him up with, he does not want to start next season in the Championship.

I reckon he's going home to Norway anyway. Quit the Premiership while he's still (sort of) at the top of his game.

(Murphy could have gone to QPR but didn't as a sign of respect to us.)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

FFC1987

Quote from: mangoputney on January 24, 2013, 09:04:58 AM
I reckon he will become a hoop & board meltdown

This post just about sums you up as I'd like to think anyone would see sense and apply sarcasm here but I'm convinced you mean it.....

epsomraver

Quote from: BalDrick on January 24, 2013, 10:59:07 AM
If I were him I'd be looking at doing a Bosman. And even if he is tempted by the riches the odious Redknapp has no doubt tapped him up with, he does not want to start next season in the Championship.

I reckon he's going home to Norway anyway. Quit the Premiership while he's still (sort of) at the top of his game.

The bit about Danny is not true.

Rupert

Quote from: epsomraver on January 24, 2013, 11:16:54 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on January 24, 2013, 10:59:07 AM

The bit about Danny is not true.

Yup, he did go to QPHa.

Only joking.  :Get Coat gif:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

hurricane_nz

He loves Fulham, his daughter is taught by my friend and she said he talks constantly about how much he likes playing for us and the fans have always been good to him. And what would he gain from going to QPR apart from a bit more money. Im sure he doesnt want to play in the Championship next season!

cottage cheese

Quote from: hurricane_nz on January 25, 2013, 11:40:25 AM
He loves Fulham, his daughter is taught by my friend and she said he talks constantly about how much he likes playing for us and the fans have always been good to him. And what would he gain from going to QPR apart from a bit more money. Im sure he doesnt want to play in the Championship next season!

you just answered your question to why would he go qpr....more money. Its his life, hs family he feeds, why would someone turn the chance to earn more?

mangoputney

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 24, 2013, 11:11:36 AM

This post just about sums you up as I'd like to think anyone would see sense and apply sarcasm here but I'm convinced you mean it.....

work with a really decent ranger day in and day out and he's pretty confident its likely

I would not be happy with it at all but why does it not make sense for Brede to just move a mile or two? so yes I think its likely & I think that people would not be happy? I dont really see the issue with my opinion
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

fulham traveller

i would not bet against him going to the strangers, there is no loyalty in football. end of

TonyGilroy

If, and it's a big if, we're interested in Pogatetz then it's as a replacement for Hangeland.

Senior Supporter

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but it's a possibility nobody else seems to have raised. Presumably any clubs interested in Brede will have had his performances watched in the last few weeks. Many of us have been disappointed by his recent form, so will possible suitors feel the same way and, if so, will they still be prepared to offer him a better deal than we have put on the table? 

BalDrick

Quote from: cottage cheese on January 25, 2013, 12:02:52 PM
Quote from: hurricane_nz on January 25, 2013, 11:40:25 AM

you just answered your question to why would he go qpr....more money. Its his life, hs family he feeds, why would someone turn the chance to earn more?

Because he's already earning more than enough to feed his family? Not like we're talking someone coming off the dole to work at McDonald's because they can't afford to put the radiators on is it?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

FFC1987

Quote from: mangoputney on January 25, 2013, 12:10:30 PM

work with a really decent ranger day in and day out and he's pretty confident its likely

I would not be happy with it at all but why does it not make sense for Brede to just move a mile or two? so yes I think its likely & I think that people would not be happy? I dont really see the issue with my opinion

My problem is you constantly write things about meltdowns and circumstances such as Brede moving to our locals with no whiff of evidence. No problem with your opinion however much I disagree with it. If 'a mate who supports our locals' is telling me our captain is coming over, at the very least I would take it with a pinch of salt and not be gullable enough to take it for gospel or be overwhelmed with such a negative emotion about my beloved club that it must be true. I would say a lot of QPR fans have ITK and confirmed N'Yila about 3 weeks ago....... However, knowing my beloved club I'll probably have to retract this statement once QPR confirm his arrival ha.

mangoputney

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 28, 2013, 12:04:46 PM

My problem is you constantly write things about meltdowns and circumstances such as Brede moving to our locals with no whiff of evidence. No problem with your opinion however much I disagree with it. If 'a mate who supports our locals' is telling me our captain is coming over, at the very least I would take it with a pinch of salt and not be gullable enough to take it for gospel or be overwhelmed with such a negative emotion about my beloved club that it must be true. I would say a lot of QPR fans have ITK and confirmed N'Yila about 3 weeks ago....... However, knowing my beloved club I'll probably have to retract this statement once QPR confirm his arrival ha.

I'm gullible now???

I wrote a one line statement / opinion it does not mean its going to happen does it

I believe thats the first time I used the word 'meltdown'

Reckon most on here can't provide 100% solid evidence, majority is opinion

Yep I may have stated this season was lost in Nov but then maybe I'm quicker to lower the white tinted glasses and am not as 'gullible' as assumed

If you read my FOF intro FFC is the Family team but I also make an effort with my hometown team Luton because I am a Lutonian, so I do have a sense of football reality and maybe see FFC issues / problems / difficulties a bit differently

But

The way wobble neck is in full denial and with the Mackie link, one of the them is likely to move

Not gospel, not wumming, just using percentage based reasoning

Hopefully its not both of them ie Hangeland to them, but if his head aint right and this is not his best season in white then maybe he should go, cant help having a distracted captain
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

FFC1987

Quote from: mangoputney on January 28, 2013, 01:03:40 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 28, 2013, 12:04:46 PM

I'm gullible now???

I wrote a one line statement / opinion it does not mean its going to happen does it

I believe thats the first time I used the word 'meltdown'

Reckon most on here can't provide 100% solid evidence, majority is opinion

Yep I may have stated this season was lost in Nov but then maybe I'm quicker to lower the white tinted glasses and am not as 'gullible' as assumed

If you read my FOF intro FFC is the Family team but I also make an effort with my hometown team Luton because I am a Lutonian, so I do have a sense of football reality and maybe see FFC issues / problems / difficulties a bit differently

But

The way wobble neck is in full denial and with the Mackie link, one of the them is likely to move

Not gospel, not wumming, just using percentage based reasoning

Hopefully its not both of them ie Hangeland to them, but if his head aint right and this is not his best season in white then maybe he should go, cant help having a distracted captain

I'd say gullible because you jumped to a conclusion based on what your mate said.(whose a hoops fan, of course they want Brede, there losing Nelson and they will have to use Anton and Hill...) However people have jumped plenty with the agent ITK accounts so you're not the only one! It might be the first time you used the word meltdown but you have been openly stating FFC's downfall as you say since November. It's hard to stay optimistic with the amount of pessimists at the moment (who are warrented as we are currently woeful) but I still can't detract from our league position and current points with how many games left.

Regardless, I hope you're wrong about Brede and he stays and signs a contract but I have openly stated the thought of him leaving isn't impossible and as stated when his head is turned and he gets a contract he believes he deserves.

jarv

Not looking good for us? Why? Given his form this season if he went down the road would probably guarantee relegation for them. :Get Coat gif:

filham

:016:It is a worry for the next 4 days, if a good offer comes in for Brede we may be tempted as he can walk away on  a free in the summer. We realy should have sorted out a new contract or a replacement for him by now. The club is playing a strong blend of brinkmanship and window poker.