watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now that Nelsen is to leave Q P R

Started by Only Me, January 23, 2013, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Only Me

at the end of the month, whats  the betting Harry will sign Brede before the window closes?? not looking good for us if that happens.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FulhamMic

Won't happen. Even if he wants to leave, he'll have far too much respect for the club to move to QPR. He's no mercenary like Zamora and Johnson.

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

FFC1987

Erm depends on whether we have a replacement and what money they stump up for him. Regardless the twitter rumour is their no.1 target is Rolando.

I'd like to think we wouldn't offload a player without an appropriate replacement......*rubs head to remember any similar scenario's taking place.....

OldBrownShoe

What kind of career move would it be for Brede to go to Ragged Arse Rangers? Ok money. But apart from that? To get away from Jol?
We never let players go without first having a replacement signed up.  fp.gif
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

rusty shackleford

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 23, 2013, 12:05:55 PM
Won't happen. Even if he wants to leave, he'll have far too much respect for the club to move to QPR. He's no mercenary like Zamora and Johnson.

Hangeland is probably my favourite player of the Premier League Fulham years, but lets face it, they are all mercenaries. If he's not getting the deal he wants here, he will go elsewhere. Where? It doesnt matter

FulhamMic

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 23, 2013, 12:24:14 PM
but lets face it, they are all mercenaries.

Nope. Refuse to accept this. There are still some real professionals left in the game, some true and proper gentleman. I honestly believe Brede is one of those.

FFC1987

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 23, 2013, 12:28:56 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 23, 2013, 12:24:14 PM
but lets face it, they are all mercenaries.

Nope. Refuse to accept this. There are still some real professionals left in the game, some proper gentleman. I honestly believe Brede is one of those.

I don't think this notion of gentlemen is applicable in todays game due to money etc but you can name a few with your fingers. Do I think Brede would take a highly paid contract to go elsewhere? I think he would but only if it made sense. Does QPR make sense? Only if he's confident they will stay up....

Snibbo

I think Brede's situation has to be resolved one way or the other asap. He should sign a new contract or go, as long as we have a replacement. His captaincy and his performances this season have mostly been below his usual high standard. The uncertainty must be contributing to his own and the team's poor performances.  I'd like to see him stay of course, and would hope that signing a new contract will take a load off his mind, and he'll once again become the top player he was in previous seasons.  But we need him back to the player he was, not the shadow he has often been this season.

FulhamMic

I honestly don't believe it to be about money with Hangeland; I'd guess it's more about the length. He's 31 now remember, and we've historically only ever offered 1yr extensions for players 30 and older. Some are happy with this, others aren't. This is where I think the problem between what he'd like and what we're offering lays, and why negotiations seemed to have stalled.

He'd be a fool to move to QPR.

FulhamMic

Wasn't Tal Ben Haim signed as Nelsen's replacement?

FFC1987

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 23, 2013, 12:36:46 PM
I honestly don't believe it to be about money with Hangeland; I'd guess it's more about the length. He's 31 now remember, and we've historically only ever offered 1yr extensions for players 30 and older. Some are happy with this, others aren't. This is where I think the problem between what he'd like and what we're offering lays, and why negotiations seemed to have stalled.

He'd be a fool to move to QPR.

As I said, if he gets the contract he desires and he feels QPR are good enough to A) Stay up and B) progress ultimately in his eyes its a smart move.

TonyGilroy

He can go where he likes in the summer but this month he only leaves if we agree.

Obviously QPR might offer us money we don't want to refuse but it's hard to believe that the club would let him go without bringing in a replacement.

Dembele was different because, we are told, the release clause meant we had no choice.

cottage cheese

if Brede wanted to stay he would have signed by now. He has been here a long time and at 31 he may feel he wants one more challenge which you cant blame him for. My worry is that the club has been so poor in the last few windows that I actually reckon we dont have any sort of back up!

FulhamMic

Quote from: cottage cheese on January 23, 2013, 12:48:02 PM
if Brede wanted to stay he would have signed by now

Really? The two are very different things. He might want to stay; he might really want to stay; but if the terms of the contract we've offered aren't suitable then why would he sign?

Bedford White

Brede is one of our few star players, it'd take some serious dollars to replace him. If QPR want him we should take them to the cleaners minimum £8m/£9m

Lighthouse

If a player wants to stay he will stay. The money they are paid is very high. If he is happy a cut in wages will not matter to these people. Same with the length of contract. Chris Coleman made the point many years ago that Prem Players are not looking for higher wages or security of contract. The agents are. But if Brede or any other player wanted to stay they would. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 23, 2013, 12:45:20 PM

He can go where he likes in the summer but this month he only leaves if we agree.

Obviously QPR might offer us money we don't want to refuse but it's hard to believe that the club would let him go without bringing in a replacement.

Dembele was different because, we are told, the release clause meant we had no choice.

What about Dempsey, was that different too?

sipwell

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 23, 2013, 01:19:36 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 23, 2013, 12:45:20 PM

What about Dempsey, was that different too?

Dempsey is always different. He is a Yank :)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!