watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we lose vs West Ham, Jol has to go

Started by PaulJ123, January 26, 2013, 07:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

I never expected to win today but it was the performance that was worse than anything, if we'd have gone down fighting I wouldnt have minded. In recent weeks we have shown no spirit, no drive, no desire to win.

Before people say "who would replace him", look abroad. Solksjaer would be my number 1 choice.

Anyway, team vs West Ham:
Schwarzer
Riether H H Briggs
Dejagah Kara Frimpong Duff
Ruiz
Rodallega

never gonna happen but thats the team id go with

nose

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 26, 2013, 07:50:40 PM
I never expected to win today but it was the performance that was worse than anything, if we'd have gone down fighting I wouldnt have minded. In recent weeks we have shown no spirit, no drive, no desire to win.

Before people say "who would replace him", look abroad. Solksjaer would be my number 1 choice.

Schwarzer
Riether H H Briggs
Ruiz
Rodallega

jol should go now, why wait?

Enter the Frei

sack Jol the day before the end of the transfer window? That could do a lot of damage IMO.

Aaron

Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 26, 2013, 07:52:47 PM
sack Jol the day before the end of the transfer window? That could do a lot of damage IMO.

Yes, I think you're right there.  If we sack him before the end of the transfer window then the new manager (whoever that might be) would only end up taking the blame for why we haven't done any business in the transfer window.

Apart from the fact that I don't believe we are going to do any sort of business in the last few days (Why take a 21 year old on loan unless you plan to play him?) if we landed Messi and Iniesta we'd still be in a scrap.

CurryForMario

After that performance, I actually feel that Jol should go. I'm so disappointed.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Aaron on January 26, 2013, 08:04:43 PM
Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 26, 2013, 07:52:47 PM

Yes, I think you're right there.  If we sack him before the end of the transfer window then the new manager (whoever that might be) would only end up taking the blame for why we haven't done any business in the transfer window.

Apart from the fact that I don't believe we are going to do any sort of business in the last few days (Why take a 21 year old on loan unless you plan to play him?) if we landed Messi and Iniesta we'd still be in a scrap.

Well if he's going to do any business at all we have to let him do it now. for me if we don't get a couple of wins from our next 4 games, I'll really start to worry but I still believe Jol is the best man to manage this team.

West Ham (H) United (H) Norwich (A) Stoke (H)

Classic94

Agree. I didn't expect anything from today but it was another abysmal performance. Utterly abysmal. We are stuck in a rut and look no closer to getting out of it. If anything, we are getting worse - playing football on a par with the dreadful Sanchez era.

Clearly, we are carrying far too many players at present, the majority of which are deadwood and should be moved on. Therefore, the objective for this season must be to survive. The current squad requires a major facelift over the summer. However, the past 4 months have convinced me that Jol isn't up to the task. The players have been an embarrassment, no effort, desire or bottle, but ultimately, the buck stops with Jol. He has failed as manager of this club for too long now, and seems oblivious to our problems. He clearly has no idea how to resolve this mess. In my opinion, losing at West Ham would be the final straw.

I'm so disappointed.

the nutflush

Berba can go with him I say.  Im sick of this Berba and Ruiz beautiful football theory.  Its absolute rubbish.  Its terrible to watch.  Give me Dempsey and AJ any day.  At least they looked like they were trying.  Watching Berba wave his arms around and mouth off at his team mates makes me want to puke.  He looks like a bitter old drunken school principal.  All thats missing is the sports jacket with the arm patches.

WORTHINGFULHAM

Schwarzer
Riether H H Briggs
Ruiz
Rodallega

Solksjaer ...ER WHAT? what planet are you on?
Rodders up front? we want to score goals pal.
your right never going happen

Northendwhite

Its basically a no confidence vote and I certainly have no confidence in the man or some of the players right now. 
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere!

MJG

Its about performance. We might lose to West Ham because...its west Ham.
But if we once again have a toothless, passionless display by the players I  fully expect "Jol Out" to be coming from the fans. And I would be in that group I'm afraid.

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: MJG on January 26, 2013, 08:39:06 PM
But if we once again have a toothless, passionless display by the players I  fully expect "Jol Out" to be coming from the fans. And I would be in that group I'm afraid.
And that will help the confiedence no end ....great stuff

PaulJ123

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on January 26, 2013, 08:29:05 PM

Schwarzer
Riether H H Briggs

Ruiz
Rodallega

Solksjaer ...ER WHAT? what planet are you on?
Rodders up front? we want to score goals pal.
your right never going happen

1) solksjaer is a young ambitious manager with good contacts I'm the game. He's done very well in Norway
2) and how many goals are we scoring at the moment? Think about what you're saying

Arthur

But Solksjaer's currently managing a team in Norway; we can't assume that if we sack Jol on Thursday, he'll come marching into The Cottage on Friday. Even if he did, he'd still have to work with the same group of players: some of whom are in decline due to their age and others who do not possess enough ability.

The best course of action, in my opinion, is to make available some substantial funds for a few half-decent players. It's clear that the Club have wanted to avoid anything other than a minimal outlay this transfer window, but MAF & the rest of the Directors should realise that it's too much of a gamble to think that our current squad will see us to safety. (And yet, scrape a victory in midweek and a look at the league table will dissipate much of the mounting concern.) The increased possibility of relegation means that to give Jol 15M - or even 20M - to invest in the next five days could no longer be regarded as extravagance, but as a prudent step to ensure our PL status for next season. At this moment in time, we certainly need to be thinking short-term measures and then take stock at the end of the campaign.

MJG

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on January 26, 2013, 08:40:37 PM
I should have said at the end of the game. As I say its performance related. If they don't turn up yet again what do you expect the crowd to do. You know how it works.

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: MJG on January 26, 2013, 08:45:56 PM
I should have said at the end of the game. As I say its performance related. If they don't turn up yet again what do you expect the crowd to do. You know how it works.
I know how it works indeed, and understand the fustration i am with you on this,but we are not in that much trouble just yet, when and if we fall into the relegation spots then i feel the views of jol out, to which i dont agree, could be vented, but not before.

BillNRoc

Here in the US, owners have little patience when their teams lose, and even less when the team performs listlessly in game after game. Eight NFL coaching changes were made, all after the season ended. In baseball, it's much more common for managers to be fired mid-season, because there are so many games on the schedule.

Fulham have not played well since early November, and many of the performances have been p*ss-poor. As the tv commentator said today, "Poor going forward and poor on defense, what are you to do?"  They kept saying we don't look like we belong in the same division with Man U; did we have a shot on goal, other than the header off the corner?  We've been just awful, game after game after game.

Maybe we'll squeak through. Maybe QPR, Villa and Reading are sure to finish below us; QPR didn't exactly distinguish themselves today, and Villa really stinks. But Reading is playing better; can we be confident either Wigan or Newcastle or Norwich will take the third relegation slot if Reading don't? No matter what happens, I can't imagine Jol still being with Fulham next season, by his choice. But it's legitimate to fear he will have guided us into the Championship in the meantime.

St Eve

Schwarzer
Riether H H Briggs
Ruiz
Rodallega

Rodallega is not good enough. Give Petric a run. He can score. Kaca has to stay in the team

MJG

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on January 26, 2013, 09:05:47 PM
I know how it works indeed, and understand the fustration i am with you on this,but we are not in that much trouble just yet, when and if we fall into the relegation spots then i feel the views of jol out, to which i dont agree, could be vented, but not before.
so only when we are 18th do you think we are in  trouble?

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: MJG on January 26, 2013, 09:18:04 PM
Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on January 26, 2013, 09:05:47 PM
so only when we are 18th do you think we are in  trouble?
Correct, we still have transfer window time and a win against west ham can change everything, lets not get carried away with negativity