https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Sports say we have made a bid for Jamie Mackie

Started by The Swan, January 28, 2013, 10:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on January 28, 2013, 11:34:06 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 28, 2013, 11:31:14 AM
Erm just a quick one. I like the guy but surely if our budget is as tight as it seems, we don't need yet another winger do we? Surely we need to improve in other areas not making this a priority? Lazy journalism me thinks.

Personally I think this one could be true and not lazy journalism. We aren't scoring any goals and we have no pace, mackie could be the man to provide both those things.

He's not a striker and scored 1/4 so unsure on that reasoning and as stated we aren't in need of a winger so that's my doubt with this story. I'll stick to lazy journalism out of optimism as this kind of signing should be made once we have the spine complete.

filham

Sounds like yet another player to try in that wide left spot that Dempsey used to make his own. He can rotate with Frei, Kaca., Richardson, Ruiz, Rodders,Dejagah and Duff who have all been tried there this season without success.

Berserker

Sounds abit like AJ when fit. I used to like his enthusiam, and miss that now, obviously not his injuries though!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Do we not need a different type of player. A target type striker
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 28, 2013, 12:14:35 PM

Anyone else notice that Brede loves this type of pass and always opens his body up for it only to see that this option isn't available? I agree that this would help us defensively from the front but personally I'd like to see a quick paced poacher (hard to find) and inject that pace and presence in the box we need. Oh and another CM please!

Humbled

Carlton Cole??? gets alot of stick but he has been different class for West Ham this year. i personally would prefer a quick tap in artist but would take cole

Mackie - Works very hard which is nice to see but very hit n miss... his work rate would be good for the team i feel

EJL

Quote from: Humbled on January 28, 2013, 12:23:22 PM

Carlton Cole??? gets alot of stick but he has been different class for West Ham this year. i personally would prefer a quick tap in artist but would take cole

Mackie - Works very hard which is nice to see but very hit n miss... his work rate would be good for the team i feel
Those two lines should be together. Carlton Cole is one of the most inconsistent strikers I've ever seen.

Deanothefulhamfan

He works hard, but is a decent championship player.... backwards step for the club if we buy him

EJL

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 28, 2013, 12:43:47 PM
He works hard, but is a decent championship player.... backwards step for the club if we buy him
I guess we'll just buy him next season.

mangoputney

more than competent in the H Rod role, scores more and will be very hungry if cast off

personally think it would be a good move, 100% committed and relentless
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

grandad

Quote from: mangoputney on January 28, 2013, 12:51:42 PM
more than competent in the H Rod role, scores more and will be very hungry if cast off

personally think it would be a good move, 100% committed and relentless

:plus one:
Where there's a will there's a wife

HatterDon

I'm not sure his attitidue is suited for Fulham's modern sexy football. Whenever he gets the ball he heads straight for the opponent's penalty area. Once there, he either passes to a player in a better scoring position or he takes a crack himself. This kid of football is a throwback to days long gone.

Certainly we can find somebody with half his speed and commitment to attack who would fit much better into our scheme.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sunburywhite

Quote from: HatterDon on January 28, 2013, 01:58:27 PM
I'm not sure his attitidue is suited for Fulham's modern sexy football. Whenever he gets the ball he heads straight for the opponent's penalty area. Once there, he either passes to a player in a better scoring position or he takes a crack himself. This kid of football is a throwback to days long gone.

Certainly we can find somebody with half his speed and commitment to attack who would fit much better into our scheme.

LOL
Does he know how to pass back to the keeper in case we had broken away too quickly? Helps slow the game down
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

mangoputney

post of the day :) LMAO
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

fulham traveller

we should get him. he tries and works hard, and we need someone to do berbys running

Jack Fulham

I think he can bring us something we've lacked since Dempsey has gone which is hard work and determination. Also quite versatile, can play upfront or on the flanks. Would be a decent signing.

BestOfBrede

090.gif

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: epsomraver on January 28, 2013, 10:19:56 AM
Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 28, 2013, 10:06:22 AM
Quote from: The Swan on January 28, 2013, 10:01:30 AM
Sky Sports say we and Norwich have put in a bid of £3m for QPR Jamie Mackie. Is he any good.
Is he any good?
Dont you watch football then surely you have seen him play?
Hot and Cold,one minute brilliant,next a headless chicken.

Bit harsh! Yes he does, he and his wife are season ticket holders at Fulham, is that enough watching football for you ,we don't all have Sky and watch every game that comes on

Calm down laddie and keep your Knickers on.
My remark was tongue in cheek,and why do you have to
comment on it.It didnt seem to bother him.
And I dont have Sky either by the way....

Jambo

Having many QPR ST holders as friends the unfortunate comment of "£3M? Mackie? Bite your arm off!" was mentioned far to much.  If I played for Fulham I would run a lot and be aggressive and kiss the badge...... unfortunately that doesn't make me good enough either.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

The Swan

Toshes Fag Packet.
As epsomraver said I am a season ticket holder and have supporter Fulham since 1961. I have seen a lot of football over these years but I don't watch players from QPR unless Fulham are playing against them.
How many Fulham matches have you seen.
The Swan