watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Sports say we have made a bid for Jamie Mackie

Started by The Swan, January 28, 2013, 10:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Sky Sports say we and Norwich have put in a bid of £3m for QPR Jamie Mackie. Is he any good.
The Swan

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: The Swan on January 28, 2013, 10:01:30 AM
Sky Sports say we and Norwich have put in a bid of £3m for QPR Jamie Mackie. Is he any good.
Is he any good?
Dont you watch football then surely you have seen him play?
Hot and Cold,one minute brilliant,next a headless chicken.

Slaphead in Qatar

Scores 1 goal per 4 games. Average strike rate. But we do need a striker.

Lighthouse

Only seen him on the box. Very eager, full of running. Missed a sitter against us last time. But his running would give us something we don't have I suppose.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tooting legend

I really rate him , has alot of pace plus and can score from what I have seen of him he gives 100% for QPR.

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 28, 2013, 10:09:10 AM
Scores 1 goal per 4 games. Average strike rate. But we do need a striker.
He more a winger than striker.
And yes we do need a striker...

Basil

£3 million seems a bit steep however whist Mackie has limitations as player his capacity to run around and press the opposition and show real tangible effort may well have a positive effect of everyone else. He is pretty much the opposite to Berbatov.

sunburywhite

Wouldn't be able to do much sitting on the bench behind Jol's favoutire sons Dimi, Bryan and Hugo
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Burt

When QPR were in the doghouse last season Mackie seemed to be the only one that gave a toss, and he scored some vital goals. That said, unless my memory is cuckoo (highly possible), he seemed to be more of an impact sub than a regular starter. May be wrong though.

He has plenty of energy and commitment, which seems to be something that we are missing at the moment.

epsomraver

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 28, 2013, 10:06:22 AM
Quote from: The Swan on January 28, 2013, 10:01:30 AM
Is he any good?
Dont you watch football then surely you have seen him play?
Hot and Cold,one minute brilliant,next a headless chicken.

Bit harsh! Yes he does, he and his wife are season ticket holders at Fulham, is that enough watching football for you ,we don't all have Sky and watch every game that comes on

Tooting legend

It doesnt say we have made a bid it says us and Norwich are interested in him and may put in in a bid! A big big difference to actually making a bid! get the fsacts right before posting.......

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Tooting legend on January 28, 2013, 10:27:27 AM
It doesnt say we have made a bid it says us and Norwich are interested in him and may put in in a bid! A big big difference to actually making a bid! get the fsacts right before posting.......

Few people being quite harsh on here today! Relax!

EJL

He's a bit like Dirk Kuyt. If we are going to be dragged into a relegation dogfight then Mackie is the sort of player we need.

JustOverTheRiver

I would take him. 3 mil isn't too much either for a guy who has scored some good goals in the prem.

Wingnut

Quote from: Burt on January 28, 2013, 10:16:08 AM
When QPR were in the doghouse last season Mackie seemed to be the only one that gave a toss.

I remember watching them towards the end of last season and he stood out for the reason above. His work rate was top class and he did pick up a few goals for them too.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

JBH

He is a lot better than he is given credit for has premiership experience and  065.gifwould be a useful addittion to the squad

FFC1987

Erm just a quick one. I like the guy but surely if our budget is as tight as it seems, we don't need yet another winger do we? Surely we need to improve in other areas not making this a priority? Lazy journalism me thinks.

cottage cheese

we need central midfielders!! Our problems stem from the fact we are chasing games instead of controlling them

JustOverTheRiver

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 28, 2013, 11:31:14 AM
Erm just a quick one. I like the guy but surely if our budget is as tight as it seems, we don't need yet another winger do we? Surely we need to improve in other areas not making this a priority? Lazy journalism me thinks.

Personally I think this one could be true and not lazy journalism. We aren't scoring any goals and we have no pace, mackie could be the man to provide both those things.

Riverside

a conditional yes as he always seem to be trying

conditional because I am not sure how good he is a crossing ? ( even trying we do not need another winger who cannot cross )