watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shame we didn't see Frimpong

Started by JackyFulham90, January 31, 2013, 12:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Baird did well when he came on in fairness but I have to admit I was a little disappointed Frimpong didn't come on tonight

tonynorton

I think jol is saving him for satuarday!

Chutney

He couldn't get in the charlton team what makes you think he is good enough for us! Baird is a better player. Frimpong is decent back up, I doubt we will sign him permanently though.
C O Y W

HatterDon

I was hoping to see Frimpong also -- we still have no ballwinner in centre mid -- but I have no fault with any of Jol's substitutions. They all made the side better.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I would preferred to have see Digger  :Haynes The Maestro:

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Chutney on January 31, 2013, 12:39:38 AM
He couldn't get in the charlton team what makes you think he is good enough for us! Baird is a better player. Frimpong is decent back up, I doubt we will sign him permanently though.

Deary me.

Roberty

I think we would have seen him - even if it was just for a few minutes - if Jol had not been forced to use his last substitute to replace Berbatov
His not being "match fit" might explain his lack of activity for Charlton because he did feature for Wolves and their season took a complete nose dive after he got injured.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Nero

Quote from: Roberty on January 31, 2013, 05:54:23 AM
I think we would have seen him - even if it was just for a few minutes - if Jol had not been forced to use his last substitute to replace Berbatov
His not being "match fit" might explain his lack of activity for Charlton because he did feature for Wolves and their season took a complete nose dive after he got injured.
Jol brings him on at 2-1 he nakes a istake and we draw 2 -2 jol is them mooaned about for bringing on aplayer that is unfit and could gat a game in L1 was an idiot he is, can see why he didnt bring him on

PokerMatt

Quote from: Nero on January 31, 2013, 07:03:58 AM
Jol brings him on at 2-1 he nakes a istake and we draw 2 -2 jol is them mooaned about for bringing on aplayer that is unfit and could gat a game in L1 was an idiot he is, can see why he didnt bring him on

League 1? Charlton are in the championship.

And he actually played six times in about 5 weeks of being on loan, so that hardly seems like he didn't play.

And assuming he'd balls it up immediately, nothing like giving our new player a chance everyone, eh?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Andy S

Either way its Jols neck on the line if we had lost that one. I'm Happy with the result and every player needs to earn his place. Nobody walks in.

shnlwswlkr

Why are you disappointed? He is a loan until the end of the season, he should be used as a squad player incase we need him. We have players here that are actually owned by the club, they are our priority, not some player on loan here for a few months who's gonna leave again soon.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Riverside

Quote from: Chutney on January 31, 2013, 12:39:38 AM

How many times have you seen him play or train recently ?
Why do we crucify players before they even get in the pitch.
Guess thats why many are called Fans not Supporters .

FFC1987

I think he was lined up to replace Sidwell because of his yellow until Berba pulled his hamstring.

Roberty

Quote from: Nero on January 31, 2013, 07:03:58 AM

My comment said - just for a few minutes - you were intended to understand that to mean a time-wasting extra-time substitute!
Also not being match fit - refers to his not having played a lot of games recently - he must be physically fit or he would not have been on the bench.
For the record I do not believe that Jol is anything other than professional and smart
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

filham

Last night's match was a critical 6 point must win game and with the score at 2-1 for most of the 2nd half it would have been risky to introduce a new defensive midfielder.
Better to introduce him when we are coasting with a 2 or 3 goal lead, or even when we are 2 or 3 goals behind.

Good chance for him to come on for the last haf hour against United on Saturday, I would think.

PokerMatt

Quote from: filham on January 31, 2013, 10:32:08 AM
Last night's match was a critical 6 point must win game and with the score at 2-1 for most of the 2nd half it would have been risky to introduce a new defensive midfielder.
Better to introduce him when we are coasting with a 2 or 3 goal lead, or even when we are 2 or 3 goals behind.

Good chance for him to come on for the last haf hour against United on Saturday, I would think.

You mean when we're coasting right? :54:
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MasterHaynes

Quote from: KCat on January 31, 2013, 01:42:43 AM
I would preferred to have see Digger  :Haynes The Maestro:

:plus one: especially as it may have been his last chance to take the field for Fulham. With new players arriving I'm guessing he won't even get near the bench if we get the 2-3 midfield players being banded about. maybe he might get 10 minutes at the end on saturday and a chance for us to give a proper goodbye to at least one of the Hamburg heroes.

Ordar

I seem to be in the minority that think Frimpong can do very well here.

Whats his contract situation? I heard that it might be up at the end of the season. Do arsenal have an option on him? I'd hate to see him do well here and then get snapped up by someone else

Chutney

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on January 31, 2013, 09:52:41 AM
Why are you disappointed? He is a loan until the end of the season, he should be used as a squad player incase we need him. We have players here that are actually owned by the club, they are our priority, not some player on loan here for a few months who's gonna leave again soon.
this.
C O Y W

filham

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 31, 2013, 10:46:45 AM
Quote from: filham on January 31, 2013, 10:32:08 AM

You mean when we're coasting right? :54:
If you wish to think that way then wel done but I wouldn't dare to be so bold.