watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are in talks this moment with Maarten Stekelenburg

Started by Northendwhite, January 31, 2013, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northendwhite

It's a rush deal but would be fantastic if we could get this fella. It's happening right now, just been announced.
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere!

FFC1987

Quote from: Northendwhite on January 31, 2013, 03:53:17 PM
It's a rush deal but would be fantastic if we could get this fella. It's happening right now, just been announced.

Source?

EJL

ElissonSnygg

I damn hope you have a source, would be great news!
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Northendwhite

The BBC had reported it and Trashsport just did an interview with a dutch reporter there and confirmed Fulham are holding talks at Roma with him as we speak.

westcliff white

Loan or perm? If we are not going for butland then it is hopefully a loan deal with Set fee to sign him in the summer
Every day is a Fulham day

Ordar

I'm surprised they havent asked me to go along to negotiate, as I started my one man campaign to bring him to the club last July....

Northendwhite

Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2013, 03:59:08 PM
Loan or perm? If we are not going for butland then it is hopefully a loan deal with Set fee to sign him in the summer

At this stage it looks as if it's a loan but the reporter went on to say that Fulham are doing everything they can to sweeten the deal so he signs on permanently.

Mr K.Dilkington

Loan with a view to a permanent deal would be a smart move by Jol. :scarf:
Foolish ham

Ordar

Why would we get him on loan? That literally makes no sense. The whole point of signing him is for him to take over from Schwarzer long term

ElissonSnygg

A loan really makes no sense, why would we loan a goalkeeper for 6 months?

It is permanent or at least option to buy, definetely.

Slaphead in Qatar

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Ordar on January 31, 2013, 04:02:36 PM
Why would we get him on loan? That literally makes no sense. The whole point of signing him is for him to take over from Schwarzer long term
Derp, Money..... that's why we've only brought in loans up until now. If we really had a decent amount of money to spend we would have spent it on new players by now. Thus meaning that a loan with a view to a permanent move is a good idea in my opinion, first refusal etc if he plays well.
Foolish ham

gerrys

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 31, 2013, 03:54:06 PM
Quote from: Northendwhite on January 31, 2013, 03:53:17 PM

Source?

It is on the Calciomercato site...........in an interview on Sky Sports his agent said "We are working very hard to send him to Fulham"

Ag. Stekelenburg: 'Lavoriamo per portarlo al Fulham'
31 gennaio alle 16:26

L'agente di Maarten Stekelenburg ai microfoni di Sky Sport ha rilasciato una breve dichiarazione: "Lavoriamo molto duramente per andare al Fulham'

EJL

If we loan him and he plays really well then he'll be off in the summer.

Burt

And Sporting Life are reporting this:

Fulham are trying to tie up a loan deal for Roma goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, according to the player's agent.

Stekelenburg moved to Roma from Ajax in the summer of 2011 but has struggled to command a first-team place in recent months.

He has fallen behind Mauro Goicoechea in the pecking order at the Stadio Olimpico, prompting him to consider a move elsewhere.

Fulham boss Martin Jol worked with Stekelenburg during his time as Ajax coach in 2009 and has reportedly been monitoring his situation in Italy.

The 30-year-old could be seen as a long-term replacement for current Cottagers No 1 Mark Schwarzer, who turns 41 later this year.

Stekelenburg's agent, Rob Jansen, confirmed that the Dutch star could be making a move to Craven Cottage ahead of the transfer deadline.

"We work very hard to get a deal," Jansen told De Telegraaf.

ElissonSnygg

If this goes through, I'd say it's bigger than Emanuelsson! GET IN

EJL

Kom op Fulham

Finally some Dutch players to go with our previously irrelevant Dutch coloured away kit.

cottage cheese

really dont see the point in this loan? I think Mark will go in the summer and if this guy plays well what stops a bigger club coming in for him?

Unless we are buying him I really feel this is not the best piece of business!

Basil

Quote from: cottage cheese on January 31, 2013, 04:21:53 PM
really dont see the point in this loan? I think Mark will go in the summer and if this guy plays well what stops a bigger club coming in for him?

Unless we are buying him I really feel this is not the best piece of business!

I agree unless there is an option to buy is pointless really. Not like MS is so calamitous that we need someone right now.