watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gentleman Jim

Started by FC Silver Fox, February 02, 2013, 08:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

A couple of weeks ago I emailed Gentleman Jim mentioning there was a lot of background wind noise on some of his commentaries and asking if it was possible to put something around the microphone to stop it.  I don't know if anyone else had noticed this.
It was quite windy during the West Ham game but the sound quality was far better. I emailed him again mentioning this and asking if he'd done something. This was his reply.

Hi xxxxx,
I've been chasing the club for a new headset for probably twelve months or more and they finally relented when the old one virtually fell apart at the Etihad a couple of weeks ago.
I've now got a brand new set, including a wind cover on the mic
Glad you could tell the difference, particuarly as it was such a windy night in London.
Good performance from the lads and a very big three points.

Cheers mate
God Bless
Jim

:Haynes The Maestro:  Many thanks, Jim, even if you had to do a Michael Brown on your old microphone.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

RaySmith

Jim really is a gentleman, and a true Fulham man, who provides a brilliant service week in and week out, home and away, travelling miles in all weathers.

It's always great to listen to the enthusiastic and informed commentary of someone who really cares about the club, and is a loyal fan as well as a commentator.

grandad

I really like his totally unbiased commentary. It is quite refreshing in todays media bias against us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SG

And when we play the team from the Dog Track remarkably he never mentions their name once throughout the commentary.  :54:

DiegoFulham

were the xxxxxxx's relevant?
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

L-Wizzy

I Wounder wat he looks like, aint seen him
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

HatterDon

all Fulham, all day. I love the guy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LBNo11

Quote from: L-Wizzy on February 02, 2013, 11:05:19 AM
I Wounder wat he looks like, aint seen him

...I have sat next to him at the wedding reception of Logicalman and he is a real Fulham fan and entertaining to listen to, I also met his brother once near Bournemouth (we both clocked each others Fulham badges) and he too is Fulham through and through...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Snibbo

Love him. Especially the "get up you ponce" and the "that lot" / "the visitors" / "them" etc.

L-Wizzy

I do have a few laughs when I listen to him, he almost brust my ear drum when richardson scored against blackpool. He looks a top don
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

Burt

Never a dull commentary...

Fulham Gentleman

Gentleman Jim is a legend!  He is the best commentator on right now.   

Sniffer

Quote from: Snibbo on February 02, 2013, 12:15:50 PM
Love him. Especially the "get up you ponce" and the "that lot" / "the visitors" / "them" etc.

Yeah - quality geezer
"Numquam Cede"

cebu

Gentleman Jim just referred to Silver Fox's email re the good sound quality!

HatterDon

Two summers ago Rich Allen's Fulham Review published an essay I wrote about Gentleman Jim. I don't think he'd be too terribly upset if I reproduced it here. Will do so soon.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

As LB said, GJ is a through and through Fulham fan, and a true gentleman. Easily approachable, friendly and willing to spend time with people. He is a total service to Fulham and all the fans worldwide.

I would ask that if you like his commentary then email the club, and him, and show your support, he deserves it all from us.

McBridefan1

He is one of the main reasons I love this team. I would rather listen to him call a game than watch and listen to some of the pundits on tv. Back when we weren't so great (relatively) his commentary was often better than the games... when he calls the ref a clown and says he's making a mockery of himself, that is just what we are all feeling and its good to have someone express that for us... GJ phaaakin legend. :54:

McBridefan1

Quote from: Logicalman on February 05, 2013, 10:29:09 AM
As LB said, GJ is a through and through Fulham fan, and a true gentleman. Easily approachable, friendly and willing to spend time with people. He is a total service to Fulham and all the fans worldwide.

I would ask that if you like his commentary then email the club, and him, and show your support, he deserves it all from us.

you got an e-mail? for jim I mean... would be cool to send him my best wishes.

jmh

Quote from: grandad on February 02, 2013, 08:49:59 AM
I really like his totally unbiased commentary. It is quite refreshing in todays media bias against us.
064.gif

grandad

I would also like his e-mail addy. I live in Spain & I always listen to him. It´s just like being back at the old place.
Where there's a will there's a wife