News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I don't think we are doing Ruiz any favours by playing him.....

Started by ron, February 02, 2013, 09:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thamesbank

epsomraver

Quote from: Bilet on February 02, 2013, 10:42:30 PM
I asked MUFC fans this question on Twitter: What Fulham-player impressed you the most today: 10 out of 11 answered Bryan Ruiz.

They watched it on tv as well then

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on February 02, 2013, 10:54:34 PM
Quote from: Bilet on February 02, 2013, 10:50:41 PM
Quote from: ron on February 02, 2013, 10:46:25 PM

...but then again, they would, wouldn't they....?

Stop this nonsense. We have played one of the best matches of the season, Ruiz played a major part in it and all you are looking for is some kind of scapegoat. Get behind the team and its players or get lost!
that's not very nice is it. Ruiz was a complete pain in the neck today. Flashes of what he offers to looking completely out of his depth.
The game in the premier lge is too quick for him. He would be better off in Spain/Italy or France. He's had 18 months to get used to it but he still is too slow reaction wise and some of his passing was woeful.
Loads of skill, just the wrong lge.

Totally agree, it seems as I have said in another post that the views of those there like youself LB and myself seem to differ from those who were not

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I think the 'short leg' problem is the reason why Ruiz is being careful and is probably not fully fit  .....................he is not tackling and not taking  the corners.  This may be the reason he is not taking the free kicks also.  

Deanothefulhamfan

When Ruiz wants to play he is super classy, but his problem is he is such a patchy player... He drifts in and out of the game.... When he is wanting to play he is our best passer of the ball and has the skill to get away from players, but then all of a sudden he just goes missing and starts playing mis placed passes.... Very strange player because barring Berbatov he is the classiest player we have, but he is just not consistent in a game

epsomraver

Deanothefulhamfan

Yes I agree Epsom.... He was our worst player yesterday, but he does show glimmers of magic  but as I said he is super inconsistent

ron

Quote from: epsomraver on February 03, 2013, 11:26:05 AM

Stop this nonsense. We have played one of the best matches of the season, Ruiz played a major part in it and all you are looking for is some kind of scapegoat. Get behind the team and its players or get lost!
that's not very nice is it. Ruiz was a complete pain in the neck today. Flashes of what he offers to looking completely out of his depth.
The game in the premier lge is too quick for him. He would be better off in Spa/Italy or France. He's had 18 months to get used to it but he still is too slow reaction wise and some of his passing was woeful.

Totally agree, it seems as I have said in another post that the views of those there like youself LB and myself seem to differ from those who were not

I think it's a shame that an opinion honestly expressed invokes the rather sad reply "get behind the team or get lost"......

What did someone once say. "Patiotism is the last refuge of the Scoundrel" ? Certainly, that attitude has done great damage in the past.

Deanothefulhamfan

Agreed Ron... Its a forum, where people give their opinion.... Yes we may not agree on everything, but thats the point... No need for the rudeness

Banstead White

The term "luxury player" springs to mind every time I think of Ruiz......one of those that no doubt has some class in his locker but cant produce consistently over 90 mins........there are games where he could do well and others where he skips around like a pansy with no idea how to get engaged in the game.........he could potentially  be a briliant sub and that how i would play him.....TBH no one is ever going to buy him for anything like the sum we paid.
079.gif
Roysie

Max Headroom

I think he is a class act..... To accept the many assists, we have to put up with the negatives.... I'd definitely have him in my team, and I am surprised to hear myself say it, ahead of Berbatov....

mccscratch

I am seriously not sure what match many of you were watching yesterday... Ruiz was one of the best players on the park for either side.. he made a few mental errors but considering he was the focal point of our attack most of the day... he was bound to get caught in a possession a few times... he must have had the ball 35+....

He is luxury player... it is a luxury that 15-16 other teams in the league would like to have... if Berba gave his effort and actually stayed up near the front where the goals are happening and actually sprinted in transition the way that Hugo or Mladin do... we would be a top 8 side...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

fulhamben

Quote from: mccscratch on February 03, 2013, 12:41:07 PM
I am seriously not sure what match many of you were watching yesterday... Ruiz was one of the best players on the park for either side.. he made a few mental errors but considering he was the focal point of our attack most of the day... he was bound to get caught in a possession a few times... he must have had the ball 35+....

He is luxury player... it is a luxury that 15-16 other teams in the league would like to have... if Berba gave his effort and actually stayed up near the front where the goals are happening and actually sprinted in transition the way that Hugo or Mladin do... we would be a top 8 side...
agreed.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Terry Angus

The game in the premier lge is too quick for him. He would be better off in Spain/Italy or France. He's had 18 months to get used to it but he still is too slow reaction wise and some of his passing was woeful.

sorry, but having watched ruiz both from the sidelines and on tv, i'm pretty sure those watching on tv have a better view of the match than those who are there, and those watching on tv are better qualified to comment on how good/bad ruiz is. in fact, i don't see how anyone could logically/reasonably suggest otherwise. being at the ground is better and admirable in most respects but it doesn't give you a better view of the football

Oiseau

I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more.

Ruiz's work is incredibly constructive. He has great ideas and he was incredible for us yesterday. Occasionally he misplaced a ball, yes, but this was mainly because others could not get on the end of what I thought were well thought-out passes. He orchestrated almost all of our attacks and showed so much skill. People only seem to notice when he does something wrong. He's improved his physicality beyond recognition, can head balls now and trap a ball beautifully. There's serious scapegoating at play here.

I do think that Ruiz should be played in the hole and not in midfield, though. Some of our best performances this season have come from Berbatov playing as a number time with Ruiz in the hole behind him.

Fulham_Surrey

Well , guys you are both right and wrong.  The issue is that both Berba and Ruiz drop deep. But dont you think that Berba is doing so because Jol tell him to.  I think that if he did not follow manager's task he would have been dropped.  The reason why Jol had both Ruiz and Berba drop deep is because they both can keep possession while our other midfielders easily lose possession and then there is no protection for our defense.  Case in point, our loss at OT.  for 3 of the goals, their midfielders swarm Sidwell, and he is dispossessed and they attack with numbers advantage and score.  The same thing happened a few more times.  It is not Sidwell's fault as well as Karagounis is excellent in destroying the buildup play of the opposition but he cannot pass and move and keep possession.  With the new purchases, I think that we can hold possession better, and Frimpong as DM can provide a cushion for the defense.  So maybe now, Jol can play Berba on the top of the attack.  It can work well, look at the Arsenal game.  Ruiz can be played at CM where he can pull the strings.  we should play 4 in the back, a midfield of Frimpong, Ruiz, Emanuelson, Sidwell, and (Karagounis or Enoh or Dejagagh), and Berba on top, to hold possession, and then pass it to the overlapping midfielders (Emanuelson did that at AC Milan, or Ruiz or Dejagagh).  We will be super effective that way.  Lastly, Enoh has played DM, and I think he is very very capable of playing now CB with Brede.  I hope Jol also tries him there as now we got enough midfielders.  Also, Manolev has played midfield behind Berbatov in Bulgarian national team, and they were super effective that way.  The best thing about the new purchases is that these guys can play all over the midfield and defense which is a great plus.  And Frimpong and Manolev have great motors, they can run and run and run.  we got fast midfielders....playing with a target man who can hold possession (like Berba) is the perfect thing.  I hope Jol starts playing that way sooner.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on February 03, 2013, 01:21:11 PM
Well , guys you are both right and wrong.  The issue is that both Berba and Ruiz drop deep. But dont you think that Berba is doing so because Jol tell him to.  I think that if he did not follow manager's task he would have been dropped.  The reason why Jol had both Ruiz and Berba drop deep is because they both can keep possession while our other midfielders easily lose possession and then there is no protection for our defense.  Case in point, our loss at OT.  for 3 of the goals, their midfielders swarm Sidwell, and he is dispossessed and they attack with numbers advantage and score.  The same thing happened a few more times.  It is not Sidwell's fault as well as Karagounis is excellent in destroying the buildup play of the opposition but he cannot pass and move and keep possession.  With the new purchases, I think that we can hold possession better, and Frimpong as DM can provide a cushion for the defense.  So maybe now, Jol can play Berba on the top of the attack.  It can work well, look at the Arsenal game.  Ruiz can be played at CM where he can pull the strings.  we should play 4 in the back, a midfield of Frimpong, Ruiz, Emanuelson, Sidwell, and (Karagounis or Enoh or Dejagagh), and Berba on top, to hold possession, and then pass it to the overlapping midfielders (Emanuelson did that at AC Milan, or Ruiz or Dejagagh).  We will be super effective that way.  Lastly, Enoh has played DM, and I think he is very very capable of playing now CB with Brede.  I hope Jol also tries him there as now we got enough midfielders.  Also, Manolev has played midfield behind Berbatov in Bulgarian national team, and they were super effective that way.  The best thing about the new purchases is that these guys can play all over the midfield and defense which is a great plus.  And Frimpong and Manolev have great motors, they can run and run and run.  we got fast midfielders....playing with a target man who can hold possession (like Berba) is the perfect thing.  I hope Jol starts playing that way sooner.
if berba did what managers asked him to do he would still be a man united. i do not believe for one minute jol tells him to drop deep. why on gods earth would he. especially when a lot of the time he is a lone striker
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: Terry Angus on February 03, 2013, 12:42:41 PM
Quote from: ron on February 02, 2013, 10:46:25 PM...but then again, they would, wouldn't they....?

sorry, but having watched ruiz both from the sidelines and on tv, i'm pretty sure those watching on tv have a better view of the match than those who are there, and those watching on tv are better qualified to comment on how good/bad ruiz is. in fact, i don't see how anyone could logically/reasonably suggest otherwise. being at the ground is better and admirable in most respects but it doesn't give you a better view of the football
not sure if what you said is a joke or serious. What you get at a game is the whole pitch in view. Things that don't come across in a 16/9 letterboxed view of a game. No you don't get replays or real close up shots of footballers gobbing onto the pitch, but you get a better feel for what's going on game wise.you see space available for players, you see the movement of teams across the whole pitch better than tv. Once the camera moves away from the player who lost or passed it, you see his reaction. You don't see that on TVs.
You'd not getting a view from a TVs company with an agenda.
Ruiz as I said yesterday was a pain. One minute brilliant then one minute could not find a white shirt.
I've seen some crap written about how he is so clever and that the players are not his wavelength. What a load of bollocks.
Yes he has skill, yes he can take players on, he loses the ball while in possession more than any player I can ever remember.

MJG

Whatever people think of Ruiz I can't see how anyone can think he can play in a two man centre midfield. He's shown he can't do that and thank God Jol knows that now as well.

jarv

I agree with others, he is a luxury player and when in a relegation battle you don't need luxury players.  He gave te ball away far too often yesterday and is too easily brushed off.

For me, Rodalega has shown that when he leads the line Fulham play better.  Before you say he doesn't score enough, he hasn't been given too many opportunities.

Newcastle, West ham and Manu yesterday, he was excellent and so was the team.