watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

who is to blame?

Started by jarv, February 09, 2013, 04:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

I had forecast a loss in the Tipping League, so a point works for me. Particularly given how the other results went today. Not too bad a day at the office.

Peabody

I am truly baffled, what do some of you want.? We did not lose, we all know that there are no easy games in the Premier League, yet some of you expect teams to roll over just because they are playing Fulham.

SaltfordWhite

They did ok. Neither side deserved to win and a draw at Carrow Road isn't too shabby.

Some people really need to dry their eyes and calm down some.

NogoodBoyo

The Archbishop.
Nogood "screaming 'will nobody rid me of this turbulent priest', isit" Boyo

Enter the Frei

we kept our first clean sheet in 11 games and got a draw away from home, we didn't even play that badly.

I don't get why everyones so negative

NogoodBoyo

I love the way this thread developed.  
The early posters emigrated from the game thread with their abject misery.  They sounded like a bunch of Welsh Calvinist chapel-goers intent on pursing their thin lips around their hatred for everything and everyone they deem dear to them in life.  
Then a strange thing happened - a few sunny-side up scribes and pharisees slowly started to take over the thread with their careful optimism and an outrageous desire to be happy.
I have to say I believe it's better for your soul to be wed to the latter.  The first group will drive you to an early grave.
Nogood "nothing as miserable as Welsh chapel-goers, isit" Boyo

Berserker

I blame the rain, and snow, i had to endure  for 4 hours today during  my Archeaology field trip at Avebury on 'Sods Law'. I must admit though i was brought up a Welsh Methodist, which is near enough 'Chapel'
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

St Eve

It was not pretty, but we did have 2 players making their debut. This is clearly a transition period for us. We have an old team and 6 or so are loaned to us. Massive rebuilding required in the summer. We need to survive and we will. I have to say i thought Duff was bloody awful today.

bulgariawhite

Our aim and Mj is survival. Why so negative we are not going to finish higher than 10th if everything was rosy. A good point and positive performance. Just stop knocking

cebu

Brede seems relatively pleased with the away point and clean sheet:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/february/09/positives-to-be-taken

He did play on an injury, as many suspected.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

064.gif
Quote from: Berserker on February 09, 2013, 07:49:44 PM
I blame the rain, and snow, i had to endure  for 4 hours today during  my Archeaology field trip at Avebury on 'Sods Law'. I must admit though i was brought a Welsh Methodist, which is near enough 'Chapel'

What did you do with the Welsh Methodist?
BBQ them presumeably - appropriate thing to do @ Avebury I suppose!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: tslyon on February 09, 2013, 05:41:06 PM
Quote from: DukeTyrion on February 09, 2013, 05:19:43 PM
Quote from: jarv on February 09, 2013, 04:58:20 PM

the archbishop of canterbury.

He's got my vote ... damn Bishops ... tactically naive ... everyone knows they will attack diagonally!

Now that made me laugh.  Well played...

& of course they also "retreat" diagonally as well!

jarv

I understand all the excuses, 12 players away, no Dems etc but  it was a winnable game. The build up was too slow (as usual). I wayched Southampton destroy city with pace and pressure.
Anyway, as somebody pointed out the results went in our favour today....unlike last week. Can't rely on that every week though.
At least goals are not being leaked so easy now and qpr got spanked.

Berserker

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on February 09, 2013, 09:17:37 PM
064.gif
Quote from: Berserker on February 09, 2013, 07:49:44 PM
I blame the rain, and snow, i had to endure  for 4 hours today during  my Archeaology field trip at Avebury on 'Sods Law'. I must admit though i was brought a Welsh Methodist, which is near enough 'Chapel'

What did you do with the Welsh Methodist?
BBQ them presumeably - appropriate thing to do @ Avebury I suppose!

Opps meant brought up, not buy one. Had to make do with a cup of tea in the NT cafe to get warm

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

On the positive side, M<anolev was strong defensively and I'm sure there is a cross or two in the man. Jusr not today, Hangeland & Senderos bossed the middle, won most everything in the air. Senderos seems to bringing the ball up which leages Hangers as the last man and I like that. Frimpong showed promise but seems a bit lightweight. I believe he'll come good. Didn't see much of Emanuelson but he seems quick and has pretty good ball control talents. He may end up being the starter. Sidders was strong defensively but contributed little in the attack. We found out that Berbatov has a strong nose.
On the not so positive, Duff had a poor day at the office and this is a game that Petric should have started rather than Hugo. Hugo's pace didn't come into play and that is about the extent of his game. Anyway, a point on the road and QPR is 4 point shy of 19th. I'll take it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Wait a minute folks. We can't keep on being happy with a side that offers few shots. Did fans really enjoy that today. We have players who should and could be better in the final third with a better set up by the manager. I know this to be a fact AS WE HAVE SHOWN WE CAN DO IT IN THE LAST FEW MATCHES.

But some fans just want us to remain a poor side away and be happy that we got a draw and didn't concede against a poor Norwich side. My Fulham are better than that. We shouldn't be happy every time we draw against a poor side away from home.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Terry Angus

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 09, 2013, 11:47:43 PM
some fans just want us to remain a poor side away and be happy that we got a draw and didn't concede against a poor Norwich side. My Fulham are better than that. We shouldn't be happy every time we draw against a poor side away from home.

the best season in our history was built on bore draws away from home (and admittedly, some mildly better home performances than we've seen this year). i've a dream that in 5 yrs time a fulham fan can, acting reasonably, complain that we've only managed to draw away to a mid-table premiership side--one day maybe, but not now and not at any point up to now

Berserker

Not particularly happy but for the last couple of months found myself getting more and more worried about it. Therefore to keep myself sane i have decided to accept  there is nothing i can personally do about it, and to consol myself with black humour, and just hope we stay up and have a better team to watch next  year.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Terry Angus

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 09, 2013, 10:22:05 PM
On the positive side, M<anolev was strong defensively and I'm sure there is a cross or two in the man. Jusr not today, Hangeland & Senderos bossed the middle, won most everything in the air. Senderos seems to bringing the ball up which leages Hangers as the last man and I like that. Frimpong showed promise but seems a bit lightweight. I believe he'll come good. Didn't see much of Emanuelson but he seems quick and has pretty good ball control talents. He may end up being the starter. Sidders was strong defensively but contributed little in the attack. We found out that Berbatov has a strong nose.
On the not so positive, Duff had a poor day at the office and this is a game that Petric should have started rather than Hugo. Hugo's pace didn't come into play and that is about the extent of his game. Anyway, a point on the road and QPR is 4 point shy of 19th. I'll take it.

don't get me wrong i agree with most of this, but i'm not sure frimpong has ever been called 'lightweight' before!

google 'you've been frimponged' :)

Rudolph

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 09, 2013, 11:47:43 PM
Wait a minute folks. We can't keep on being happy with a side that offers few shots. Did fans really enjoy that today. We have players who should and could be better in the final third with a better set up by the manager. I know this to be a fact AS WE HAVE SHOWN WE CAN DO IT IN THE LAST FEW MATCHES.

But some fans just want us to remain a poor side away and be happy that we got a draw and didn't concede against a poor Norwich side. My Fulham are better than that. We shouldn't be happy every time we draw against a poor side away from home.
Blackpool played some cracking attacking football when up. I don't mind results like this whilst we are in transition. Would sooner us stay up and build close season than slip away.