https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

who is to blame?

Started by jarv, February 09, 2013, 04:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: Terry Angus on February 10, 2013, 12:06:33 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on February 09, 2013, 10:22:05 PM
On the positive side, M<anolev was strong defensively and I'm sure there is a cross or two in the man. Jusr not today, Hangeland & Senderos bossed the middle, won most everything in the air. Senderos seems to bringing the ball up which leages Hangers as the last man and I like that. Frimpong showed promise but seems a bit lightweight. I believe he'll come good. Didn't see much of Emanuelson but he seems quick and has pretty good ball control talents. He may end up being the starter. Sidders was strong defensively but contributed little in the attack. We found out that Berbatov has a strong nose.
On the not so positive, Duff had a poor day at the office and this is a game that Petric should have started rather than Hugo. Hugo's pace didn't come into play and that is about the extent of his game. Anyway, a point on the road and QPR is 4 point shy of 19th. I'll take it.

don't get me wrong i agree with most of this, but i'm not sure frimpong has ever been called 'lightweight' before!

google 'you've been frimponged' :)

The guy is 5'10", hardly a big man. He was pushed off the ball a number of times. I'm sure he'll adapt given his age but today he was hardly Roy Kean or Ryan Shawcross.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rudolph on February 10, 2013, 12:12:50 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 09, 2013, 11:47:43 PM
Wait a minute folks. We can't keep on being happy with a side that offers few shots. Did fans really enjoy that today. We have players who should and could be better in the final third with a better set up by the manager. I know this to be a fact AS WE HAVE SHOWN WE CAN DO IT IN THE LAST FEW MATCHES.

But some fans just want us to remain a poor side away and be happy that we got a draw and didn't concede against a poor Norwich side. My Fulham are better than that. We shouldn't be happy every time we draw against a poor side away from home.
Blackpool played some cracking attacking football when up. I don't mind results like this whilst we are in transition. Would sooner us stay up and build close season than slip away.

Fair enough but a side with Ruiz and Berbatov in it being unable to have shots at goal and being happy with a draw because players with pace were not picked to play with them will always seem like a waste. I wonder how long this transition will be used as an excuse for a manager who plays with a team who doesn't try and score goals and attack teams away from home. Right now I wouldn't cross the street to see a Jol side play away if I was a neutral.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NewYorkYank

Ruiz played a WC Qualifier (not a friendly) in Central America Wednesday night.  I know he is a professional, but he must have been gassed.  Cut him some slack.  One positive was the confidence which Senderos displayed.  His distribution was really impressive.  I wish the team had an alternative the Rodellaga/Berbatov combination.  Rodellaga is a bigger and less intelligent Andy Johnson.  A lot of running around with virtually no goals.  I am a fan of Berbatov, but the team's pace was much faster last week without him.  He should be up front.  It is a lot easier to find someone who can hold the ball in the midfield than to find some one who can score.

All in all, I come down on the glass is half full side.  Fulham rarely threatened, but they were never threatened.

RidgeRider

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 10, 2013, 12:20:55 AM
Quote from: Terry Angus on February 10, 2013, 12:06:33 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on February 09, 2013, 10:22:05 PM
On the positive side, M<anolev was strong defensively and I'm sure there is a cross or two in the man. Jusr not today, Hangeland & Senderos bossed the middle, won most everything in the air. Senderos seems to bringing the ball up which leages Hangers as the last man and I like that. Frimpong showed promise but seems a bit lightweight. I believe he'll come good. Didn't see much of Emanuelson but he seems quick and has pretty good ball control talents. He may end up being the starter. Sidders was strong defensively but contributed little in the attack. We found out that Berbatov has a strong nose.
On the not so positive, Duff had a poor day at the office and this is a game that Petric should have started rather than Hugo. Hugo's pace didn't come into play and that is about the extent of his game. Anyway, a point on the road and QPR is 4 point shy of 19th. I'll take it.

don't get me wrong i agree with most of this, but i'm not sure frimpong has ever been called 'lightweight' before!

google 'you've been frimponged' :)

The guy is 5'10", hardly a big man. He was pushed off the ball a number of times. I'm sure he'll adapt given his age but today he was hardly Roy Kean or Ryan Shawcross.

maybe only 5' 10" but he is a stout lad, he looks strong so shouldn't be getting pushed off the ball like he was.

west kowloon white

Ryan Shawcross! Is there anyone you'd less like to see in an FFC shirt!
Understand Norwich up for the "Stoke" approach-though didn't see the match.

grandad

I´m just pleased Lawro got it wrong yet again.
Where there's a will there's a wife

mangoputney

Torn between good point & what... Still only 3 wins in 18

Thank god for that West Ham result

Is 2012/13 over yet??? Damn
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

YankeeJim

Quote from: west kowloon white on February 10, 2013, 05:46:44 AM
Ryan Shawcross! Is there anyone you'd less like to see in an FFC shirt!
Understand Norwich up for the "Stoke" approach-though didn't see the match.

Don't want him in a Fulham kit. Just used him as an example of a muscle player.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

A Humble Man

I know it is sacrilege to say it but Berbatov does fantastic things in midfield but forgets to get in the box and score goals.  He also slows down all the attacks he is involved with so the defence can reform in-front of us.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Logicalman

Quote from: jarv on February 09, 2013, 04:58:20 PM
Jol.
Berbatov.
Ruiz.
the archbishop of canterbury.

Fulham performance today.... fp.gif

The Romanians, they said it was beef!!!   :dead horse:

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 10, 2013, 05:50:19 PM
I know it is sacrilege to say it but Berbatov does fantastic things in midfield but forgets to get in the box and score goals.  He also slows down all the attacks he is involved with so the defence can reform in-front of us.

He got in the box three times I think and in all occasions nearly got on the end of things. I think Jol needs to take him aside and remind him he once finished top scorer in the league and that he used to get in the box.