watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Small praise for Emmanuel Frimpong.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, February 10, 2013, 12:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Thought he was one of our better players yesterday, reminded me of Gecov, nothing amazing, but nothing poor. Kept the ball ticking over and was never going to attempt an Iniesta type through ball.

He actually completed 43 passes out of 48 attempts. Tidy debut from him, bit of a shame it's only a loan but it was a promising performance from him.

fulhamben

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on February 10, 2013, 12:22:34 PM
Thought he was one of our better players yesterday, reminded me of Gecov, nothing amazing, but nothing poor. Kept the ball ticking over and was never going to attempt an Iniesta type through ball.

He actually completed 43 passes out of 48 attempts. Tidy debut from him, bit of a shame it's only a loan but it was a promising performance from him.
he is a free agent in the summer (i think) so you never know.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

God The Mechanic

He played well but faded when he got booked.  Seemed to play well within himself after that, and as a player who is all about the hustle it had a major impact.

MasterHaynes

Liked the way he moved the ball on quickly, not needing 2=3 touches before passing the ball, generated some apce into midfield. If we can get him in the summer would be a good signing

PokerMatt

He definitely gave our midfield more of a presence. His booking I thought was very harsh and after that seemed likely to pick up a second by the way he puts himself about, but in all he was very good.

He's in the mould of a Makelele, useful in recycling possession, albeit more limited. Not sure we can play him and Sidwell together in the long term, though, although him and Sidders behind, say, Urby could be very interesting.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

JackyFulham90

I thought he looked decent be interesting to see if he even makes the bench with Enoh & Baird available again for the Stoke game

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 10, 2013, 02:12:13 PM
I thought he looked decent be interesting to see if he even makes the bench with Enoh & Baird available again for the Stoke game
havent seen him play, but i cant believe baird would be a better option over him.

RaySmith

I think he contributed to our much needed defensive solidity, and clean sheet. A good debut, as was Manelov's.

MJG

Surprised no one has mentioned what led to his booking.
His pass to Ruiz who miss controlled it and of of course lost the ball which led to Norwich attacking.
I thought Frimpong did well to keep up with the player and was unlucky to be booked.

His overall game was solid and thought him and sidwell worked hard breaking up Norwich's play.

Maybe those two and Emanuelson as a midfield three would allow us to play Ruiz behind Berbatov and Dave.
The full backs would have to provide the width, but with Ruiz in a free role it might work.(this on the basis that Ruiz and Berbatov are undroppable by Jol, so any mentions of team lineups have to include them)

jmh

I thought he had a pretty good debut too, but "reminded me of Gecov" is damning with faint praise, no?

WolverineFFC

I enjoyed his willingness to turn and look forward for a pass. It was a nice contrast to the usual back pass to Hangeland and Senderos from previous holding midfielders...

Logicalman

Yep, liked the guy, added more urgency and as such, another dimension to our midfield. Quick on the pass and accurate with it. Not afraid to challenge, as like Baird and Sidders, and looking good for the rest of the season.

A Humble Man

I thought he looked frail and unfit.  He kept getting caught in possession and most of his passes went astray and he won few tackles.

He was a very weak link but he can only get better I hope.  We are not that many points behind Arsenal so if he is not good enough for them why is he good enough for us. 

It is deeply degrading that all we can sign are other teams cast offs.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Logicalman

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 10, 2013, 06:40:26 PM

Hmm, aren't all transfers really just cast-offs though? I mean, who sells their best players? (Arsenal excepted).

A Humble Man

Quote from: Logicalman on February 10, 2013, 06:42:54 PM

Hmm, aren't all transfers really just cast-offs though? I mean, who sells their best players? (Arsenal excepted).

The top teams can afford to buy other teams best players and offer enough money to do it, plus a promise of Champions League football and higher wages.  We just pick up the waste products.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on February 10, 2013, 12:23:28 PM

We would need to pay compensation though.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Moose on February 10, 2013, 07:11:19 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 10, 2013, 12:23:28 PM

We would need to pay compensation though.
yes wont be that much though. but it clearly looks like arsenal dont want to keep him which would have been the biggest stumbling block if we were to try and get him.

Bassey the warrior

I thought he did a good job at hustling until he ran out of steam. Him and Sidwell bossed the midfield in the first half. A bit more of a physical presence than Karagounis.

tomcolemanfry

Thought he did well, did give the ball away a few times, but nowhere near as many times as Ruiz. Played quick passes and tracked back well too.

Can someone please tell me why Emmanuelson is coming on and playing centre midfield? Should dump Ruiz and stick him left-wing with Duff playing right-wing.

God The Mechanic

We are not that many points behind Arsenal so if he is not good enough for them why is he good enough for us. 

Arsenal are a MUCH bigger (and better club) than Fulham, so it's entirely possible that their players who aren't good enough are sufficient.  I really don't see how it's degrading.  If those cast offs were from say West Ham or West Brom I'd get it, but seriously it's Arsenal!