News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whenever I have a bad day...Hamburg semi-final commentary transcript 2nd page...

Started by OxfordWhite, February 11, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OxfordWhite

I watch this.

Shivers - down - my - spine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iqJlTwog3g

079.gif < pigs do fly

LukeJennings

Gives me goosebumps and watery eyes
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Jambo

Still not convinced that actually happened.  I was there, I'm sure I was but was it real?????

Unbelievable times.

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Fulham1959

I wonder if Roy himself has seen this ?

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 11, 2013, 11:18:20 PM
I wonder if Roy himself has seen this ?

he has his own personal copy, the video was actually made for him

The Bronsons

Forever Fulham

The team believed then.  And I forgot about Gera's big contributions.  Were the players any better then than now?

RidgeRider

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 12, 2013, 12:44:21 AM
The team believed then.  And I forgot about Gera's big contributions.  Were the players any better then than now?

there's the rub, those players weren't better on the whole, we were managed by a legend and the team believed, it wasn't sexy football but we were a threat each week. I recall one spell we had where every week I KNEW we would get a result. Never felt that way with the manager after that, or with the current one.

BraveDaveFFC

These are still good times! Mixing it with the best week in - week out. Not at our best at the moment but things have been far worse as the beginning of that clip shows!! What a fantastic club we support - stay optimistic - COYW

LBNo11

..."There will be a final in Hamburg - and Fulham will be in it" - sadly the rest of the commentators speech which was about 5 minutes long, has been removed from You Tube by the 'football authorities' he spoke eloquently, unscripted and with a passion that from a neutral made you proud to support, and be part of, the club. That alone sent shivers down my spine, as well as the "Stand Up If You Still Believe".

A wonderful video, every bit of it up to the Fulham fans going potty after Simon's goal. Whatever happens to this club in the future these recorded moments will live on as a reminder of what can be achieved, and will be in my memory forever. Thanks for the post Oxford White...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FFC In Oz

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 12, 2013, 10:43:29 AM
..."There will be a final in Hamburg - and Fulham will be in it" - sadly the rest of the commentators speech which was about 5 minutes long, has been removed from You Tube by the 'football authorities' he spoke eloquently, unscripted and with a passion that from a neutral made you proud to support, and be part of, the club. That alone sent shivers down my spine, as well as the "Stand Up If You Still Believe".

A wonderful video, every bit of it up to the Fulham fans going potty after Simon's goal. Whatever happens to this club in the future these recorded moments will live on as a reminder of what can be achieved, and will be in my memory forever. Thanks for the post Oxford White...

I watch these videos every so often too.  They serve as a great reminder of what can be accomplished with the right personnel, tactics & self-belief.

I too remember that speech.  Anybody got a copy of that anywhere?!  That was some of the most brilliant and passionate articulation of feelings I've ever heard!

OxfordWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 12, 2013, 10:43:29 AM

No problem - wish I could be more active on the forum. Work unfortunately is intense here!

Banstead White

excellent, nothing but excellent....thanks again,
Roysie

Baider

I'm still convinced to this day that Jamie Ashdown let Murphy's header in

I remember being stood at the back of H4 that Hamburg game and when Gera's goal went in there were just bundles of people on the floor going mental. God I miss them days!!

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Baider on February 14, 2013, 05:36:58 PM
I'm still convinced to this day that Jamie Ashdown let Murphy's header in

I remember being stood at the back of H4 that Hamburg game and when Gera's goal went in there were just bundles of people on the floor going mental. God I miss them days!!
That Hamburg game was superb.  Everytime I catch a glimpse of the Gera goal it takes me back to that night.  I was so proud of the players and to be there with my son was fantastic.  You are right, when the crowd sing "Stand up if you still believe" brings a tear to your eye and a lump to your throat.  That match was even better than the Man City away game. We couldn't make the Pompy match but when Murph scored we were listening to Radio 5 live and we hugged each other and jumped around the shop like idiots.  Bring on next season :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Deanothefulhamfan

Wow this video makes me so proud of my club..... me, my dad and my brother were in pompey and I have to say that is my best living memory to date..... going to the final and spending over 600 pounds on one day was money well spent.... Fulham took over Hamburg square... what a day despite the result....

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Martin Jol could do worse than show this to the current FFC team
Explain what can be achieved through committment,teamwork,focus,believing - & being brave enough......
No matter what the odds - or the oppostion,they are there to be taken if our attitude & effort is right
What a glorious opportunity...can Jol deliver in our time of need?
Woy certainly could - & did!

Jack Fulham

Got to say, that stand up if you still believe chant during the semi final was probably one of my best experiences as a Fulham fan. That Europa League run was truly phenomenal.

I also love how that goal by Etuhu in Juve away game went to him haha

LBNo11

...with grateful thanks to Evan Lorendo, here is the transcript to the post Hamburg semi-final commentary.

Read it and weep, and hope that one day, if we believe...

"And now you've gotta believe it; A night beyond compare. Old father Thames has never seen the night. Hamburg will host the final; Fulham will play in it. What an achievement for Roy Hodgson. What an extraordinary achievement for Fulham. A level of success that this lovable, once quent club, could never previously have dreamed of. Hamburg's collective dream is shattered, their party is crashed.
Their stellar striker cannot credit it, whilst Fulham in a blur of self-congratulation, parade in front of 25,000 West Londoners, many of whom thought they would never live to see the day.

This is special, yeah we get to work on the champions in this league a lot, we see some big games and we get some special moments, but this is really, really special. What a team, what heart, what character, what spirit, what an attitude they've got, wonderful. Roy Hodgson, manager of the year? He has to be, every chance.

This is Fulham, this is the team that knocked out the holders; Shakhtar Donetsk. This is the team that knocked out the competition favourites, Juventus. This is the team that have knocked out two major German forces in a row, and that have knocked out the hosts. This is the team that went into the ring with Roma, came out bruised but alive. This is a team that have played 18 games in Europe, that became this campaign 10 months ago, and which will play a 19th game in the final of the Europa League. They were there. This is Fulham's greatest night. This is certainly Craven Cottage's greatest night. It is a lap of honour which might go in the early hours.

Try stopping John Pantsil. Try sending them home. He's on his own personal lap of honour John Pantsil, there he goes. He's still at it. The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is the place to be tonight. There isn't a club there isn't a pub there isn't a party in the land that you would rather be at. This is fresh, this is new, this has never happened before. Fulham the 17th different English club to reach a major European final.

You think about Villa, Chelsea and Everton and all those who've gone before; Manchester city, Manchester united, Liverpool. But none has enjoyed such disbelieving joy as Fulham enjoy now. This is Fulham for heaven's sake. This is a club which 15 years ago didn't have two brass filings to rub together, which used to play in front of 3 or 4000 rattling around here. Which once played on a night in Rochdale needing points to stay off the bottom of the league. But which were brought by a very rich man, and there he is. And which has now become a hugely enriched club. Clint Dempsey amongst the heroes"

We Are The Whites...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fulham1959