Main Menu

Opta Evaluation vs. Norwich

Started by Apprentice to the Maestro, February 12, 2013, 01:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/february/12/opta-evaluation

"
:
The busiest player on the pitch, though, was Manolev's compatriot Dimitar Berbatov. Our top goalscorer regularly looked to make things happen for the Whites, as is evident by his involvement in 87 ball events. The striker also put in four crosses, won six headers and made 23 forward passes.

By contrast, the Canaries' most industrious player was Alex Tettey who played a role in 73 ball events".

Bassey the warrior

I always say he isn't lazy at all, proven right here. I imagine the stats are fairly similar for all the games he's been in. All I'll say is he needs to get in the box more often. He did this at Spurs and Man Utd. If he gets forward more he'll score and create goals.

Lighthouse

The 'lazy' tag comes from him not chasing down passes while he makes a big thing when others don't chase down his misplaced attempts.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 12, 2013, 03:06:16 PM
The 'lazy' tag comes from him not chasing down passes while he makes a big thing when others don't chase down his misplaced attempts.

I suspect that he doesn't bother chasing passes he knows he won't get but assumes that his passes are well judged and expects his team mates to anticipate better and be in the correct position.

Seems arrogant and unfair but he's used to playing with better players who do just that.

cmg

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 12, 2013, 01:58:04 PM

:
The busiest player on the pitch, though, was Manolev's compatriot Dimitar Berbatov. Our top goalscorer regularly looked to make things happen for the Whites, as is evident by his involvement in 87 ball events. The striker also put in four crosses, won six headers and made 23 forward passes.

Just what I've always said about our Bulgarian human dynamo. All this rushing about and high work rate is cramping Berbatov's style. He needs to slow down and take it a bit easier, maybe take one of those recliner chairs with him onto the field, before he shows his true potential. So let's see a lower pace and less sweat from 'Action Man' Berbatov.

...and next week. How Bryan 'The Butcher' Ruiz needs to tone down his hard-man approach to the game and try to develp some subtle skills.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: The Moose on February 12, 2013, 02:03:55 PM
I always say he isn't lazy at all, proven right here. I imagine the stats are fairly similar for all the games he's been in. All I'll say is he needs to get in the box more often. He did this at Spurs and Man Utd. If he gets forward more he'll score and create goals.

Who says he's lazy?
He just moves in slow motion and puts a speed limit of 5km(3mp)/h to 99% of the action going through him