more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: can qpr survive????????

Started by irishfulham, February 16, 2013, 03:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTyrion

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 17, 2013, 10:05:33 AM

Fine but go on twitter or facebook where all the discussion are irrelevant to everything.

I missed the bit where the forum says Fulham subjects ONLY!

I enjoy many of the threads on here, from Jokes, to Dishwashers, to thread about other teams.

If this forum is ABOUT Fulham only, rather than the views of Fulham Fans, then it will become a pretty boring site.

Oh, and you are STILL free to ignore threads that do not interest you!

SaltfordWhite

Somebody clearly isn't getting any at the moment.

I think that their run in is going to be really interesting. I don't see them as going down having only picked up a couple more points, I can see them pushing it right to the wire and with a fair wind, they could do it. They certainly have the talent.

As long as we can get to safety sooner rather than later, then I am going to sit back, relax and watch this relegation battle unfold.  It's going to be so much more interesting than the title race.

Burt

This is a Fulham fans forum first and foremost.

But of course you are allowed to post stuff about other teams.

And we welcome fans from other clubs.

The only things we will get aggie about is when posts get personal or abusive in nature, or the subject matter is likely to cause offence (which is why we tend to snuff out threads relating to politics, religion, Ernie Clay and so forth).

Most non-Fulham related posts tend to have NFR in the header, or are obvious from the title anyway, so it is down to personal preference as to whether it gets read or not.

In this particular instance, I don't see much wrong with a spot of speculation as to whether that lot down the road will stay up or not.

Cheers

Burt

Burt

They were in bad shape last season and had a tough run in but managed to pull the points out of the bag. I wouldn't write them off quite yet.

Hopefully we will be able to do so after they get tonked at the Cottage.

Logicalman

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 17, 2013, 10:05:33 AM
Quote from: sumofallparts on February 17, 2013, 10:00:32 AM
It isnt't for me, a humble man or anyone else to decide what is or isn't relevant or "allowed" on this forum.
That is down to the mods. If they say threads titled "NFR QPR" are not for this site then we all accept that.
Thus far they haven't, so it's a valid discussion point.

My son and I have been FFC fans for along time and don't give a stuff about QPR - doesn't mean we don't want to talk about them though ;)

Fine but go on twitter or facebook where all the discussion are irrelevant to everything.

If you don't like it, please complain to the Mods, don't spoil threads you don't want to see by adding irrelevant comments.

As Burt mentioned, this is a Fulham MB, but we do allow non-inflammatory subjects to appear. In this case, the health of both another Prem and geographically-close team might well be of interest.

Thanks,

DJinNJ

Plenty of threads get started about other teams and no one complains about it. The fact that some complain about QPR being brought up only reinforces that we care about them more than other teams... just like QPR fans who say they don't care about Fulham and can then give you 1000 reasons why they don't care. And of course, talking about QPR is more relevant than, say, Stoke. Not only are they local rivals, but the Hughes connection is still there (as this is mostly his team, one which supposedly was built to match his ambition), and there is also a great deal of interest in QPR among people who watch the Premier League and English football in general. When Portsmouth was looking like going down a few years ago, it wasn't just Southampton fans who were watching.

As for whether they'll go down, they are 11 points from 16th place (counting goal difference), so unless someone completely collapses, then realistically there are only three teams they can catch. And all three of them are 4-7 points ahead already. If one of those three goes on a decent run it's all over. I didn't think last season was a great escape for them (maybe if they had gotten the result at City and had needed it), this year I think it would be. If Arsenal, Everton, United and Liverpool are down as losses (though they could get something at home vs Arsenal as they might have gotten something at the Emirates if not for M'Bia's red), I think their best chance is to find 4-5 wins, 2-3 draws, and hope that the other three are worse. Not impossible, but they need dropoff to be below 35 points, and even then they need to improve dramatically. Don't see it happening even if their key players get fit.

irishfulham

Quote from: Burt on February 17, 2013, 01:47:45 PM
This is a Fulham fans forum first and foremost.

But of course you are allowed to post stuff about other teams.

And we welcome fans from other clubs.

The only things we will get aggie about is when posts get personal or abusive in nature, or the subject matter is likely to cause offence (which is why we tend to snuff out threads relating to politics, religion, Ernie Clay and so forth).

Most non-Fulham related posts tend to have NFR in the header, or are obvious from the title anyway, so it is down to personal preference as to whether it gets read or not.

In this particular instance, I don't see much wrong with a spot of speculation as to whether that lot down the road will stay up or not.

Cheers

Burt

well said bud

JackyFulham90

Of course they can survive, doesn't look good for them though I think they will go down with Wigan & Villa/Reading

A Humble Man

They will definitely go down and probably next season as well.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Buffalo76

I think they're going down. Of all the teams i hate my absolute hate for ha ha ha ha is on a whole new level. I am keeping everything crossed ( fingers, toes etc) that they not only go down but they soon end up in the same situation as one of Twitchy's former clubs Portsmouth. I would get immense satisfaction at that.