watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harry has set QPR a points total of 37 to be safe

Started by Andy S, February 18, 2013, 01:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Do we really only need 8 points ourselves. or is Harry deluded. Just looked on their site and 31% think they will beat Man U on Saturday

fulhamfan

QPR home record against the top four teams this season:

Chelsea 0-0
Man City 0-0
Spurs 0-0

The Equalizer

It is going to be a low amount of points, but QPR won't get them.

I wouldn't say that Harry is deluded, certainly not as deluded as their supporters, but he does need to say it's achievable in the press or he'd be out of a job pretty quickly. I mean, have you ever heard a manager say "we're definitely getting relegated in May"?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

horse1031

they have a chance if they make a run like wigan did last year.  where are their goals going to come from though?

Burt

Don't forget they finished relatively strongly last season, against teams that are on paper stronger than the ones they have in their run-in this season...

Admin

Quote from: Burt on February 18, 2013, 05:05:17 PM
Don't forget they finished relatively strongly last season, against teams that are on paper stronger than the ones they have in their run-in this season...

Touch and go for me, I'd like to think they won't make it but it's possible if they go on a good run. Thing is Burt, the teams they are facing this time around are teams in and around QPR so they will be fighting as well. QPR haven't faired to well against the lesser teams this season and I hope it continues. The only ones to roll over and hand them a win was us and once again, I hope it doesn't happen again.

Terry Angus

there are a lot of crap teams in the league this year but they're all showing some fight. i think redknapp's on very shaky ground suggesting 37 pts will be enough. as others have said qpr clearly have the talent to get 40 pts--they've a really really good squad now--but even now with redknapp in charge, they're playing like a bunch of mercenaries/prima donnas/self-serving prats, and they'll go down if that doesn't change

valdeingruo

Quote from: Terry Angus on February 18, 2013, 05:47:19 PM
there are a lot of crap teams in the league this year but they're all showing some fight. i think redknapp's on very shaky ground suggesting 37 pts will be enough. as others have said qpr clearly have the talent to get 40 pts--they've a really really good squad now--but even now with redknapp in charge, they're playing like a bunch of mercenaries/prima donnas/self-serving prats, and they'll go down if that doesn't change

Its because they dont care, even if qpr go down, they wont.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

They have been as good as relegated for several weeks now. ....

Forever Fulham

Too late.  Too many points to make up now and not enough time to do it.  Remaining games against quality teams.  They didn't show up to key games over the last month or so.  Will the owner hang in there, fight to get back up to EPL next season?  It's good for Fulham to have more London-based competition.  QPR relegation not good for Fulham.  Hope that doesn't seem counter-intuitive.

MJG

They still have a chance..a very slim one, but a chance. The quality at the bottom this season is possibly the worst it has been for a good number of years and anyone of them could go on another poor run of straight losses, which would allow QPR to catch them if they get themselves sorted.

cottage cheese

I may be shot down for this..I dont want them to go down. I enjoy going to the qpr vs fulham games, adds a bit of passion! I would rather go to qpr than blooming cardiff or hull.

QPR vs Fulham are two games every year which sell out and have a quality atmosphere.

Jambo

Without sounding like Rafa.....

FACTS are.....

They have won 2 games ALL season.
Their savoir Remy is out injured
Their savoir Zamora can only play 45 mins at a time (and is still pretty average)
Their best player this season (Nelson), has left
They are shocking at the back
They are shocking up front
Their Talisman is an enigma who turns up 1 game in 10 and is a greedy whatsit! 

If they don't finish bottom I will be astonished.  37 points?? I'd be surprised if they get 30.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

The Equalizer

Quote from: Jambo on February 19, 2013, 01:42:42 PM
Without sounding like Rafa.....

FACTS are.....

They have won 2 games ALL season.
Their savoir Remy is out injured
Their savoir Zamora can only play 45 mins at a time (and is still pretty average)
Their best player this season (Nelson), has left
They are shocking at the back
They are shocking up front
Their Talisman is an enigma who turns up 1 game in 10 and is a greedy whatsit! 

If they don't finish bottom I will be astonished.  37 points?? I'd be surprised if they get 30.

Nailed. In order to survive they would have to pull of the biggest comeback since Jesus. They've not shown that they have that ability at all this season.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

jmh

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 19, 2013, 11:36:17 AM
Which is what we were saying about this time last year too, no?

Jambo

Quote from: jmh on February 19, 2013, 02:02:14 PM

I think their plight and the way they are playing is far worse than last season.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

jmh

Quote from: Jambo on February 19, 2013, 02:19:39 PM
Quote from: jmh on February 19, 2013, 02:02:14 PM

I think their plight and the way they are playing is far worse than last season.
I suppose so, but I really don't think they're all that far gone.  Win their home matches against Sunderland and Wigan (eminently achievable tasks) and they're right back in the thick of it. 

F(f)CUK

To some extent they remind me of us when Hodgson took over. It took us a while to get results and yet I was telling people that our problem was developing a style and mental attitude and if we could start the season again we would be a mid table side. I was roundly mocked for my view and what happens we survived from the dead and the next season we qualify for the Europa League finishing 7th.

Given all that, I don't think QPR will survive this season.

filham

Hary is of course saying the right things to motivate his players and keep the fans comming through the turnstiles.

While QPR look firm favourites for the drop there is plenty of time left for things to chane. Back to back1-0 wins for QPR coupled with two 1-0 defeats for Wigan, Reading and Villa and the outlook would be quite different.

Also back to back defeats for us coupled with two wins each for Villa and Reading and we would be in real trouble.

jmh

Quote from: filham on February 19, 2013, 06:40:03 PM
Also back to back defeats for us coupled with two wins each for Villa and Reading and we would be in real trouble.
True.  It's tough to call anything a must-win when you're in 12th, but three points against Stoke really would be nice since March could turn out to be a 0-point month.