more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

standing at craven cottage?!

Started by will91fulham, February 19, 2013, 03:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will91fulham

hey lads,
there are a few rumours about that prem football grounds may move towards having areas where fans can stand to watch the game.
if this was to be put into place at craven cottage do you think it would be a good thing?

post your opinions!

fulhamfan

maybe in the stevenage road enclosure where it used to be. everywhere else is temporary though

MJG

Rhys Lightning 63

Somewhere the opposing fans can hear us, the acoustics of Craven Cottage are terrible
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

SP

100% yes.  Make standing in the Enclosure strictly for season ticket holders only.  It works at Dortmond for 26,000 in the home end so why not for us?

Rupert

Seeing as how the former Enclosure has been rebuilt for seating, having people stand there would mean they are blocking the view of those higher up the Johnny Haynes Stand.
If they brought this back I think they would most likely have the standing areas at the back of Hammersmith and Putney Stands.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Mr-ska

Not kean myself..

but no reason why a section couldnt be made for standing..

jarv

SKSW6

People who want to stand can safely stand. People who sit can continue sitting. No problems.

NorfolkJim

Quote from: Rupert on February 19, 2013, 04:22:58 PM
Seeing as how the former Enclosure has been rebuilt for seating, having people stand there would mean they are blocking the view of those higher up the Johnny Haynes Stand.
If they brought this back I think they would most likely have the standing areas at the back of Hammersmith and Putney Stands.
I thought the old terrace was still there under the seating. is it not? I've not been in the enclosure since the early 80's so I would not know for certain

Terry Angus

no brainer. if there's a market/consumer appetite for it then definitely, yes. it gets more people into the ground, improving the atmosphere and probably both increasing the club's revenue and lowering the cost of some tickets, and returning football to its rightful owners, working class british men. provided it's properly arranged and policed it's safe, or safer than going to a gig, anyway. 

A Humble Man

Can't believe it would be going back to the dark ages of Neanderthal like supporters.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Mr K.Dilkington

I don't think you can argue though that with people standing it does create a better atmosphere. People are less inclined to sing etc when they are sitting down.
Foolish ham

SP

Whilst there was the occasional spat in the Enclosure, all those I recall were due to away fans in or trying to get into the Enclosure. 

Burt

So long as it is "safe standing" like the model they follow in Germany then I would be in favour of this. Standing lends a bit more to the atmosphere, in my opinion.

Kell

I used to stand in the enclosure before the seats were installed, It never interfered with those seated behind, I think it would generate a good atmosphere if we had standing there and the back of the Hammy

HillingdonFFC

Would love to stand again, I`m sorry if it annoys people but I think its unnatural to watch football sitting down. I can understand some elderly fans sitting but you get a corner everyone stands, your team attacks huge swathes of people stand, you score you stand. Even down the pub everyone stands around the telly. The last 10 minutes of the Hamburg semi at the Cottage 25,000 people stood, didnt hear one `sitt daarrn`.
Its about choice, unfortunately we haven`t got one anymore, it amazes me how the best run, most attended league in Europe the Bundesliga can have safe standing but we cant

westcliff white

I'm not I favour as I prefer seating, but for those that like then I guess it's ok, as long as its safe.
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

Quote from: Terry Angus on February 19, 2013, 05:07:51 PM
no brainer. if there's a market/consumer appetite for it then definitely, yes. it gets more people into the ground, improving the atmosphere and probably both increasing the club's revenue and lowering the cost of some tickets, and returning football to its rightful owners, working class british men. provided it's properly arranged and policed it's safe, or safer than going to a gig, anyway. 

"working class british men"

So it seems you are of the opinion that ladies like Beserker should not attend football?

and if i have worked hard got myself a bit of money and a bit better standard of living, i am not invited?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Roberty

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 19, 2013, 06:36:12 PM
Would love to stand again, I`m sorry if it annoys people but I think its unnatural to watch football sitting down. I can understand some elderly fans sitting but you get a corner everyone stands, your team attacks huge swathes of people stand, you score you stand. Even down the pub everyone stands around the telly. The last 10 minutes of the Hamburg semi at the Cottage 25,000 people stood, didnt hear one `sitt daarrn`.  
Its about choice, unfortunately we haven`t got one anymore, it amazes me how the best run, most attended league in Europe the Bundesliga can have safe standing but we cant

The Bundesliga also allows you to watch with a pint in your hand too.
Here you can watch rugby, cricket and even a show in a theatre with a drink in your hand but not football.
I think that would be a more worthwhile thing to campaign for.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy