watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

nostalgia

Started by nose, February 19, 2013, 03:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefo

Shouldn't have needed the replay, and what a great strike by Mitch, thanks for posting nose.

alfie

LB did you have a moan about them coming out in BLUE trackies
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

when did people stop throwing toilet rolls after a goal?

A Humble Man

Remember driving to Kent from Basingstoke to get my mum, then picking up some friends in Surbiton then driving to Sheffield and repeating the same journey back.  Was a little tired when I got home.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

LBNo11

...I can remember John Mitchell's shot so well, and the memory of seeing him,through a sea of arms and Fulham fans jumping up and down, running towards us arms outstretched, what wonderful memories.

Did I ever say how good Les Barrett was, I can't remember now..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

brightster

I remember that well, only 10 with my mate,his dad his grandad, got the train up there and back, great day we played some great football, isn't it nice to see a Fulham team attack like that with pace, more or less a 4-2-4 formation.
Thanks for posting great memories!

Travers Barney

Quote from: brightster on February 19, 2013, 09:10:40 PM
I remember that well, only 10 with my mate,his dad his grandad, got the train up there and back, great day we played some great football, isn't it nice to see a Fulham team attack like that with pace, more or less a 4-2-4 formation.

I was 11..train up too..freezing cold...magical.

coyw
We are the whites

Supermitch

I wasn't there that day but was at Maine Road a few days later for the replay.   

St Eve

I was there. Wonderful day.

RaySmith

I was there too , great day - and the replay was even better, when Michell's goal went in off his knee!

Thanks for posting.

SG

We were there and although tickets were bought through FFC we were in the Brum end. A small group of us right down the front and old bill would not let us move to the other end. Not a nice day with bottles flying around. Remember a bloke in the stand was hit by a bottle and had blood all down the side of his head.

Burt

I was deemed to young to go, which is why I also missed out on Wembley...

dgnffc

I was there, and even better................at the replay too!

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 19, 2013, 08:09:57 PM
When they stopped making the stuff that was like rubbing your arse against a hawthorn bush.
Nogood "Jeyes Isol, isit" Boyo

Berserker

My dad used to insist we had that hard toilet paper, i thought it was like rubbing your bum with greaseproof paper, he said it was more hygenic. The first thing i bought when i left home was soft toilet paper
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Blimey toilet PAPER. You were posh. A hand, a stick and with luck it was raining.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cheerupjimmyhill

Quote from: brightster on February 19, 2013, 09:10:40 PM
that's a coincidence i was only 9 and i went with my mate, my dad and my granddad, i also got the train up there and back...
great atmosphere at the station i think St Pancras Fulham fans everywhere also remember my mums pilchard and tomato sandwiches for some reason...

The replay was a mad night, twenty odd minutes late due to coach being caught in traffic, and our coach being smashed as we were leaving.
remember singing we shall not be moved at the final whistle and passing wembley and the twin towers on the way home.. great times

filham

I was at the match with all the Fulham fan right behind the goal where Mitch. scored. What a goal , what a moment, it was tremendous. The Brummy fans had been so confident before the game , they just couldn't imagine how they could fail to win against  2nd division Fulham.

That enclosure we were in was where the disaster occured to Liverpool fans some years later. It was crammed tight for our game but in spite of the excitement there were no incidents that I know of.

Thanks for the post Nose, I have never see the game on TV , this brought back great memories of a very good Fulham team.

cmg

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 21, 2013, 01:43:49 AM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 19, 2013, 08:09:57 PM
When they stopped making the stuff that was like rubbing your arse against a hawthorn bush.
Nogood "Jeyes Isol, isit" Boyo

Jeyes Isol? Wasn't he another one of those bloody midfielders we were linked with during the transfer window?