https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wenger to Fulham

Started by panto, February 19, 2013, 08:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeCdawg

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 20, 2013, 01:24:57 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on February 20, 2013, 12:32:12 AM
Definitely NOT. His teams play entertaining football featuring pace and strong wing play. This is NOT the kind of football we want at Craven Cottage.

Besides, his teams qualify for Europe every season. Playing in Europe always is a distraction from our one and only goal -- finishing 17th. So, definitely not. Let's stick with Jol -- kids who don't play, OAPs in on loan, slow - slower - slowest, either pass OR move [not both], and the always entertaining "Jol is the best coach ever" Chorus. Now THAT's Fulham.

Let us overlook that he has difficulty holding on to his best players: A. Cole, Henry, RVP, that he has bought rather too many expensive players that have made little impact: Bentner, Arshavin, etc. , and has not, despite his resources, managed to really challenge for honours for some time.

But let's not let an opportunity to knock Jol pass.

he didnt buy bendtner but i know what u mean. gervinho, andre santos, arteta, giroud all not good enough replacements

epsomraver

Giroud not good enough replacment, you are joking? wish he played for us!

MikeCdawg

Quote from: epsomraver on February 20, 2013, 03:09:48 PM

I meant for Arsenal. They literally replaced one of the best players/strikers in the world with Giroud...

Nero

So we currently have a manager that wants to play attacking football but cant sort out his defence. So we sack him for Wenger a manager that likes to play attacking football and cant sort out his defence.

Wenger has won nothing for 8 years as thats around when George Grahams back for all retired

alfie

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on February 20, 2013, 03:15:48 PM

I meant for Arsenal. They literally replaced one of the best players/strikers in the world with Giroud...

with all due respect, we will be hard pushed to find a replacement for Dembele quality wise, so how do you think Arsenal can replace RVP ?

Giroud will be good for them
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Wenger need a change,  I bet if he came we would have one of the youngest teams in the Premiership
and not fielding the 20 oldest players in The Premiership.  fp.gif
As long as he brought Jack with him I'd be for it !!!!

The Gooners are fighting among themselves over Wenger, so the writing must be on the wall 

Forever Fulham

He has lost his way.  He brought in tremendous talent, but they grew disenchanted with just making Champions League.  They wanted to be winners.  So they buggered off--not for the money as much as a chance to experience finally winning a championship.  Best players all gone.  A shaky goalie.  Current players don't play like teammates to anyone.  No unit cohesiveness.  Just a collection of individuals.   I think he is shocked at how poorly they play.  And Mertesacker?  Don't get me started.  That's HIS fault.  Whether or not you have greatness on your team, you should still play as a team.  I don't see communication amongst the players.  He had something special once.  I'm baffled how he let it slip away with poor personnel choices and an apparent lack of hands on management.   Better teams once feared playing Arsenal.  Their style of play was held up as a shining example of attractive attacking football, everyone moving, all the time, always moving to a more advantageous position, moment to moment.  No watchers.  All gone now.  Shocking.  My son still keeps his Thierry Henry poster on a wall in his bedroom, though.

MikeCdawg

Quote from: alfie on February 20, 2013, 06:54:14 PM
Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on February 20, 2013, 03:15:48 PM

with all due respect, we will be hard pushed to find a replacement for Dembele quality wise, so how do you think Arsenal can replace RVP ?

Giroud will be good for them

Arsenal have money and are a big club, that's a totally different scenario

FC Silver Fox

I can see him coming back to France at the end of the season, perhaps to manage the French National team. He could become a statesman of French football. Mind you, he is from Alsace and most of them don't consider themselves French anyway.

He is a part-time football pundit on French TV but that seems such a waste of his talents.

There's no way he would come to Fulham. This said, it might be a good fit.  He doesn't win anything.... we don't win anything...
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Bassey the warrior

Used to be a big fan but he's aged badly. His arrogant swagger has turned into a deluded aloofness. He needed to quit the club a few years ago.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Nero on February 20, 2013, 06:48:05 PM
So we currently have a manager that wants to play attacking football but cant sort out his defence. So we sack him for Wenger a manager that likes to play attacking football and cant sort out his defence.

Wenger has won nothing for 8 years as thats around when George Grahams back for all retired

We've conceded 6 goals in 6 games in 2013. The defence is massively improved.

Forever Fulham

I'd like to withdraw my earlier negative assessment of Arsenal as talented individuals not playing as a team.  I saw a replay last night of the upset loss to Blackburn.  The more I watched, the more I started coming around to a different point of view.  Arsenal did so many things so well in that game.  Brilliant one-touch, two-touch possession and passing.  Moving into space brilliantly.  They were so unlucky.  And it got me wondering how much luck plays a part in, say, an 8 game run.  How much time some teams need to fully incorporate new players  and become a cohesive unit.  I still don't like the goalie.  And they lack physicality.  And they struggle with finishing.  And Gervinho should just leave, flattering to deceive.  But in large respects, there's a real team there, with real quality.  I feel my earlier comments did a disservice to that team and its manager.  If they can keep together, maybe add two-three new players, they can start scaring teams again.  Granted, it was against Blackburn.  But Blackburn played great defense and worked their butts off.

fulhaman

I have to admit some of his signing this year have been rubbish, And I reckon they won't finish top 4.