watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wenger to Fulham

Started by panto, February 19, 2013, 08:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panto

Allowed to dream. Take us through the stadium development years without a trophy and set us up to compete for trophies for the next millennium I would be happy. 

That said I can see Jol doing the same thing.

sunburywhite

Noooooo way

The man is an ass

"I never saw that" when one of his players did something but the vision of a hawk if an opposition player as much as farts
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: panto on February 19, 2013, 08:40:12 PM
Allowed to dream. Take us through the stadium development years without a trophy and set us up to compete for trophies for the next millennium I would be happy.  

That said I can see Jol doing the same thing.
Foolish ham

HatterDon

Definitely NOT. His teams play entertaining football featuring pace and strong wing play. This is NOT the kind of football we want at Craven Cottage.

Besides, his teams qualify for Europe every season. Playing in Europe always is a distraction from our one and only goal -- finishing 17th. So, definitely not. Let's stick with Jol -- kids who don't play, OAPs in on loan, slow - slower - slowest, either pass OR move [not both], and the always entertaining "Jol is the best coach ever" Chorus. Now THAT's Fulham.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: HatterDon on February 20, 2013, 12:32:12 AM
Definitely NOT. His teams play entertaining football featuring pace and strong wing play. This is NOT the kind of football we want at Craven Cottage.

Besides, his teams qualify for Europe every season. Playing in Europe always is a distraction from our one and only goal -- finishing 17th. So, definitely not. Let's stick with Jol -- kids who don't play, OAPs in on loan, slow - slower - slowest, either pass OR move [not both], and the always entertaining "Jol is the best coach ever" Chorus. Now THAT's Fulham.

Let us overlook that he has difficulty holding on to his best players: A. Cole, Henry, RVP, that he has bought rather too many expensive players that have made little impact: Bentner, Arshavin, etc. , and has not, despite his resources, managed to really challenge for honours for some time.

But let's not let an opportunity to knock Jol pass.

Count Berbatov

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

HatterDon

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 20, 2013, 01:24:57 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on February 20, 2013, 12:32:12 AM

Let us overlook that he has difficulty holding on to his best players: A. Cole, Henry, RVP, that he has bought rather too many expensive players that have made little impact: Bentner, Arshavin, etc. , and has not, despite his resources, managed to really challenge for honours for some time.

But let's not let an opportunity to knock Jol pass.

And we've had so much success in hanging on to our best players -- Dempsey/Dembele for example, but let's not let an opportunity pass to trash a gaffer who has taken his side into the Champions League for the last 14 or 15 seasons.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

EJL

RaySmith

It's unfair to compare Fulham and Jol with Arsenal and Wenger - we've never had the financial resources of Arsenal.  Look at the  their ground, and their previous ground, their  crowds, etc - Arsenal have always been a much bigger, higher status club than Fulham.

I don't think Wenger would be a good fit for Fulham , anyway - though he wouldn't come here in the first place.

That's not because i think 'little old Fulham - we are comfortable with our lack of success', but I just don't think Wenger would be good at  working with the  kind of players  Fulham  are mostly able to get. he expects to work at the very top level, and i just don'tthink he would  accept the kind of constraints Fulham managers work under.

Even Arsenal's  much vaunted youth policy, is aimed at getting the best young talent from all over the world.

why not appreciate Fulham's achivement  with MAF in getting  into the Prem from the lowest division and staying there for over ten years, and getting to the Europa Final ?- which I think is  a far more noteworthy achievement than Arsenal's getting into the Champions league every year, with all their resources.

Berserker

I'm a big fan of Wenger, would love at him as a Fulham  manager but i'm 99% sure he wouldn't come.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Junichi

My face when I read the thread title.

The Equalizer

Wenger's in danger of getting locked up in the puzzle factory the way he is going! Did you read about the press conference pre-Bayern game?

He starts having a go at a Daily Mail journo (no bad thing in itself), but then asked "Why are you looking at me?". Journo replied, "Because it's your press conference".

Later, questioned about the cup game over the weekend "I'm not here to talk about that, I'm here to talk about the Champions League game".

Later still, questioned about the opposition Bayern Munich "I'm not here to talk about Bayern." Er, hang on?

The guy has completely lost the plot. His paranoia knows no bounds it seems, and he'll soon be getting fitted for a very very long sleeved jacket.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

west kowloon white

This "gaffer"-vomit-comparison -can't be bothered anymore-the View better reading

Terry Angus

wenger is a great manager and demands his teams to play good football so i'd love him at fulham

his failure to meet expectations at arsenal and ridiculous conduct around the press has caused his stock to fall so it's not inconceivable that a club like us could persuade him to join. we got jol, after all--a lot of people on here don't realise how highly regarded he is outside of this forum and the jol out brigade

the only thing is it would be shame if a manager of wenger's calibre and style were to come now, and replace jol, who's the closest thing we've ever had to a manager of his calibre and style

A Humble Man

Not all people can continue to get the respect of those who work from them as they get to a certain age.  I suspect Wenger cannot do what he used to do as well and has lost the respect of his players.  I know I wanted to retire 10 years before I did for the same reason as I could see the same mistakes being made and got fed up with saying and doing the same things over again and again.  Once people are just going through the motions in a job they need to leave if they can afford to.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Deanothefulhamfan

Wenger is losing his marbles week by week, which is sad to see. He needs to be dismissed of his role Asap...... Not the right man for Fulham

Junichi

I can see Wenger ending up at PSG next season, if there's a rift between him and Arsenal.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: RaySmith on February 20, 2013, 05:29:52 AM
It's unfair to compare Fulham and Jol with Arsenal and Wenger - we've never had the financial resources of Arsenal.  Look at the  their ground, and their previous ground, their  crowds, etc - Arsenal have always been a much bigger, higher status club than Fulham.

I don't think Wenger would be a good fit for Fulham , anyway - though he wouldn't come here in the first place.

That's not because i think 'little old Fulham - we are comfortable with our lack of success', but I just don't think Wenger would be good at  working with the  kind of players  Fulham  are mostly able to get. he expects to work at the very top level, and i just don'tthink he would  accept the kind of constraints Fulham managers work under.

Even Arsenal's  much vaunted youth policy, is aimed at getting the best young talent from all over the world.

why not appreciate Fulham's achivement  with MAF in getting  into the Prem from the lowest division and staying there for over ten years, and getting to the Europa Final ?- which I think is  a far more noteworthy achievement than Arsenal's getting into the Champions league every year, with all their resources.
:plus one:

fulhaman

Would love this guy at Fulham, his team plays great football to watch and he is great at making young players the best in the world