watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sir Bobby Moore !!!

Started by MOR :, February 20, 2013, 01:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

Will Fulham be doing a minutes applause this coming Saturday for Sir Bobby Moore?

Hopefully Fulham officials will pay their respects to Moore, who won 108 caps for England, and supporters will be invited to join in to celebrate this great player who represented us in the 1975 FA Cup Final.

Moore, who played for West Ham and Fulham, died on 24th February 1993, aged 51, after battling bowel cancer.

PS I've contacted the Club but no reply as yet...

Mr-ska

Lighthouse

It is shocking how young one of the greatest players to grace a football pitch left us. Bobby Moore is still playing in the memory of all who saw him. Whatever the club do I will remember and applaud a player who was simply one of the greatest defenders of his era if not of all time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sunburywhite

Do it at the sixth minute same as his shirt number
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Vinnieffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 20, 2013, 02:38:32 PM
Do it at the sixth minute same as his shirt number

Quite brilliant idea !!  :clap_hands:

bog

Top quality idea. If there was ever a consumate proffessional footballer then it was Sir Bobby. I will never forget when England had a national side to be proud of and he was captain. In 1970 in the World Cup in Mexico Brazil were our opponents and Pele was in his prime. Some of Sir Bobby's tackles got you out of your seat when he simply and effortlessly took the ball from Pele when in full flight. Magnificent.
There is a photo of the two of them swapping shirts at the final whistle. That always gets to me. The fact that he came to us should not be regarded as seeing out his days. We then had our own M&M, Mullery and Moore, and their qualities got us to Wembley. Disgraceful that he never got any award for his efforts. Mind you the stupid FA never even gave a World Cup winners medal to Alf Ramsey.

092.gif         

MOR :

Quote from: bog on February 20, 2013, 04:22:29 PM
Top quality idea. If there was ever a consumate proffessional footballer then it was Sir Bobby. I will never forget when England had a national side to be proud of and he was captain. In 1970 in the World Cup in Mexico Brazil were our opponents and Pele was in his prime. Some of Sir Bobby's tackles got you out of your seat when he simply and effortlessly took the ball from Pele when in full flight. Magnificent.
There is a photo of the two of them swapping shirts at the final whistle. That always gets to me. The fact that he came to us should not be regarded as seeing out his days. We then had our own M&M, Mullery and Moore, and their qualities got us to Wembley. Disgraceful that he never got any award for his efforts. Mind you the stupid FA never even gave a World Cup winners medal to Alf Ramsey.

092.gif         

Just for you bog...

MOR :

Mr-ska

I emailed the club..  got a mixed response....  any thoughts

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your email.

We won't be doing a minutes applause on the pitch on Saturday. However, we do have a page dedicated to Bobby's memory in the match day programme.

Best wishes,

MOR :

Quote from: Mr-ska on February 20, 2013, 05:04:31 PM
I emailed the club..  got a mixed response....  any thoughts

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your email.

We won't be doing a minutes applause on the pitch on Saturday. However, we do have a page dedicated to Bobby's memory in the match day programme.

Best wishes,

Big shame that Mr-ska...I'm still waiting for my reply.

Maybe if more fans emailed the club it could be changed.

Just got this...

Best wishes

Mr-ska

I emailed Tommy Guthrie..  his assistant replied.

In my reply i expressed some disappointment, but thankful we were remembering him in some small way.

alfie

my absolute favourite player of ALL time, even when he played for the spanners
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Got to say that he was really a Hammers boy and although he played for us , I think we are stealing West Ham's thunder by trying to copy them, just my thoughts and not meant to offend anyone

MOR :

Quote from: epsomraver on February 20, 2013, 07:27:01 PM
Got to say that he was really a Hammers boy and although he played for us , I think we are stealing West Ham's thunder by trying to copy them, just my thoughts and not meant to offend anyone

No offence taken...Just found this...

It seems that West Ham are planning to mark the 20th anniversary of England World Cup-winning captain Bobby Moore's death with a series of memorial events.

Former West Ham team-mates will attend the club's home match against Spurs on Monday to pay tribute to Moore. A minute's applause will be held before kick-off and supporters will display a mosaic depicting his old No.6 shirt.

A wreath-laying ceremony will take place outside West Ham's Upton Park ground at 11:00 GMT on Sunday. Club officials will pay their respects to Moore,and supporters are also invited to attend the memorial.

Travers Barney

Quote from: MOR : on February 20, 2013, 04:45:59 PM
Quote from: bog on February 20, 2013, 04:22:29 PM

092.gif         

Just for you bog...

Iconic photo...no words required to sum up its beauty.

coyw

We are the whites

HatterDon

Drat, I've misplaced the photo of him as captain of the old San Antonio Thunder -- which also featured Bob McNab.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LBNo11

...now don't lose it again :dft007:

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

I kind of get the stance of the club... Generally speaking, a minute's silence / applause tends to be for those recently departed. The fact that they are planning other forms of tribute in the program is probably appropriate.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SG

Quote from: epsomraver on February 20, 2013, 07:27:01 PM

Have to say I agree with ER on this.

However what a player he was and what a game against Brazil that was. I remember exactly where I was watching that game as though it was only yesterday. Bobby Moore was peerless and don't forget Banks' save from Pele. The campaign was going well until Bonnetti got in on the act.