watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Keep Karagounis next season?

Started by JackyFulham90, February 24, 2013, 08:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

Quote from: Holders on February 25, 2013, 06:31:12 AM.
How opinions have changed since the comments when the bloke joined us.

The manager knows what he is doing we don't.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

malcbridger

Definitely give him another year. Inspirational signing.

MaxxiM

A bit slow but plays with heart. I would keep him.

I know Enoh from Eredivisie and I like him, but need to see if he can adjust to Premier League.

TonyGilroy

No brainer for me. He's fully earned a new contract - a delight to watch.

aussierod

Fulham boss Jol wants impressive Karagounis to sign new deal at Craven Cottage

Giorgios Karagounis is set for contract talks to stay at Fulham beyond the end of the season.

The Greece midfielder, 36 next month, signed as a free agent earlier this campaign but has impressed boss Martin Jol.

Jol said: 'Giorgios loves to play here. And if we feel the moment is right we will sit down with him and offer him a new contract.

'He's not the youngest. But every time we get other players in, you miss him. 

'Last week I didn't play him because I was annoyed because he was playing for the Greece national team, he played 70 minutes and that is not what you want, so I played Emmanuel Frimpong.'

Karagounis played a key role in the victory over Stoke even if Dimitar Berbatov's spectacular strike earned the points before Mark Schwarzer saved Jon Walters' penalty.
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

Apprentice to the Maestro

Of course we should sign him. He has adjusted quickly to the PL but is still improving. He brings qualities that others don't have such as the long pass, a powerful and accurate shot from distance and in free kicks and his enthusiasm. And his fitness is not an issue. He could probably last 90 minutes in most games and is certainly stronger than Murphy was last year. He has quickly become one of the most liked players in the squad for good reason.

fulhaman

Yes please I love this guy and his commentment. Having him round is like having Bullard in. Alot of fun for us and team mates. I wish he was a few years younger, but he is providing himself.

cebu

I'd have no problems at all if he got a contract extension ...

... and maybe he can help Riise find the back of the opponents' net?

grandad

A must keep. He is a revelation . His experience will be invaluable to our youngsters.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Kentish Gent

An absolute no-brainer - name another Fulham player who shows so much passion for winning. Another year's contract please

Holders

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 25, 2013, 07:25:32 AM
Quote from: Holders on February 25, 2013, 06:31:12 AM.
How opinions have changed since the comments when the bloke joined us.

The manager knows what he is doing we don't.

I would sincerely hope so! Having said that I thought that he got slagged off before he even got a chance. With his pedigree he was always going to be a class act.

The best midfielder since Mullery, in my view.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

psand22

He's earned another year with his play.  Great bit of business picking him up.

sipwell

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 24, 2013, 10:11:34 PM
...a keeper, he can shoot, pass and defend and brings confidence to the team. Age - see Scholes and Giggs, if they can keep themselves fit and enthusiastic there is no reason the ancient Greek can't keep from being a ruin...

Smart man, that LBNo11.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Terry Angus

he's also one we should offer a coaching role when his playing days are other, like we should do for murphy

Alf_Tupper

I genuinely believe that he is the one player who lifts all the others. There is a difference between enthusiasm and effort, most of the players put the effort in, but none match him for enthusiasm. He deserves his place in the side and if anyone can come up with the stats I feel certain that his passing success, etc would figure very highly when compared with the other players. Every side needs someone like him, so keep him?

100% YES

Terry Angus

Jimpav

Quote from: RaySmith on February 24, 2013, 09:32:00 PM
He's been a great signing by Jol - people get too hung up on age- everyone doesn't age at the same rate, and he still seems pretty fit to me.

It would be a shame to lose his experience, skill and enthuthiasm after one season.

Couldn't agree more. What's wrong with having a 35 year old when he's got the fitness and skills to do the job.

Giggs still starts for United and he has not done their league position any harm.

35 is not old when you have the level of fitness and quality of phyios that PL clubs do.

sipwell

Quote from: Jimpav on February 25, 2013, 08:51:03 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on February 24, 2013, 09:32:00 PM
He's been a great signing by Jol - people get too hung up on age- everyone doesn't age at the same rate, and he still seems pretty fit to me.

It would be a shame to lose his experience, skill and enthuthiasm after one season.

Couldn't agree more. What's wrong with having a 35 year old when he's got the fitness and skills to do the job.

Giggs still starts for United and he has not done their league position any harm.

35 is not old when you have the level of fitness and quality of phyios that PL clubs do.

Mind you, he scores goals, distributes passes... A certain Greek does that too. And who is that:

Grecia Russia 1-0 | Highlights

(second 33)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Jambo

He has earned it.  Ok he is 35 et etc but he shows the energy of an 18 year old, not to mention still having bucket loads of ability.  Is good for 60 mins and if we are to progress we could do worse than having him on the bench next season
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Barrie

Definitely keep him if he's happy to sign a one year deal.  Buckets of experience and still the same enthusiasm and appetite.  Just the sort of player you'd want to see come on and make a difference if the game if starting to turn against you.  And if he were five years younger, he wouldn't be with us.