News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kerim Frei on his way to out this summer?

Started by JackyFulham90, February 24, 2013, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I rate him highly & I know he has a long term contract but we have so many players ahead of him right now I think he will struggle to make the 18 man match day squad, you would have to say Duff , Dejagah , Kacaniklic & Emanuelson are all ahead of him at the moment & that's without any summer signings

Frankie-Peter Taylor

So we'll just sell him? He's one of the brightest hopes at Fulham FC for a long, long time. Emanuelson is unlikely to stay after the summer, and even if he is, I'm pretty certain he'll play in central midfield.

He's been injured recently, which is standard for a young player exposed to this level. Why would we get rid of him? It screams foolishness.

Jack Fulham

Duff is old and Emanuelson will be gone at the of the summer so Frei should get plenty of opportunity next season. 

St Eve

Frei is a great prospect and is going nowhere. I fully expect him and and Kaca to be playing a lot of games next season

JackyFulham90

I.hope so I did like the look of Frei & Dejagah on the wings, I still wouldn't mind seeing Frei on right midfield as he has such pace but always cuts inside when on the left

NogoodBoyo

Once we hit the magic safety target this season, I expect (or maybe hope) to see a lot more of Kaca/Frei.  They both need experience without the pressure of clawing ourselves out of the relegation trap.
Emanuelson and Frimpong wont'; get a lot of games unless we have an injury crisis as I doubt they are long-term prospects.  Having siafd that, I would love to see Emanuelson at the club.  His cameos have shown a lot of talent.
Nogod "deep trap, itis too itis" Boyo

A Humble Man

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 24, 2013, 10:48:41 PM
Once we hit the magic safety target this season, I expect (or maybe hope) to see a lot more of Kaca/Frei.  They both need experience without the pressure of clawing ourselves out of the relegation trap.
Emanuelson and Frimpong wont'; get a lot of games unless we have an injury crisis as I doubt they are long-term prospects.  Having siafd that, I would love to see Emanuelson at the club.  His cameos have shown a lot of talent.
Nogod "deep trap, itis too itis" Boyo

Jol as good as said Emanuelson was out of our price range, meaning pay rather than transfer fees.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Mr K.Dilkington

I still think Frei is better than Kaca, not one footed like Kaca is, and looks ever so dangerous when he comes on and runs at opposition defences. Hopefully he isn't one who gets ushered out of the club, because when he's come on as a substitute he always looks dangerous running at the opposition defence.
Foolish ham

EJL

Quote from: FFC to the Max on February 25, 2013, 01:47:36 AM
I still think Frei is better than Kaca, not one footed like Kaca is, and looks ever so dangerous when he comes on and runs at opposition defences. Hopefully he isn't one who gets ushered out of the club, because when he's come on as a substitute he always looks dangerous running at the opposition defence.
Frei is unbelievably one footed.

HatterDon

Quote from: EJL on February 25, 2013, 02:54:34 AM

Agree. Special K, by contrast, has a pretty useful right foot.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhaman

I reckon with a next season under his belt. We could get alot of money from the Man Utd of this world. The way he could improve we could see another 15 million for him.

grandad

Why sell one of our exciting youngsters. We don´t need to sell anyone. Our squad is small enough in quality as it is.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Should be building the team around players like him, not shipping them off. Patience.

jmh

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 24, 2013, 10:57:14 PM
Jol as good as said Emanuelson was out of our price range, meaning pay rather than transfer fees.
Source?  What I recall reading is that he said it's difficult to buy players from Milan, which would seem to speak to transfer fees rather than to salary.

fulhaman

You dont get what I mean. I mean dont sell him yet, keep him for a season or two and then sell him. We wont be able to keep him after this time and if you think mo wouldn't take 15 million for a player then you would be stupid. This is the plan to get the squad younger and sell for profit. If you dont like it you wont like the next few years.

JackyFulham90

When I started the post I didn't mean I want Frei to be sold, just he seems very far down the pecking order at the moment & there will be interest in him this summer from Turkey

Chesh

Once he gets a football brain, learns to go outside a player, and gets a bit stronger he could be half useful.

Potentially may make it, but just not good enough at the moment.

If he does go, it won't be the end of the world imo.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: EJL on February 25, 2013, 02:54:34 AM
Possibly true (but not from what i've seen of him) but Kaca isn't even willing to cross/shoot with his right foot, it's like he doesn't even attempt to that's what's frustrating about him. I just think Frei is alot more dangerous than Kaca because he's so direct when he runs at the opposition, he doesn't just go predictably up and down the wing failing to cross the ball when it lands on his right, he mixes it up and ultimately keeps the defence guessing. On a side note i've never seen anything from Kaca to justify calling his right foot even pretty useful, I always thought he was like Van Persie where his right was only for standing on and nothing else.
Foolish ham

A Humble Man

Quote from: jmh on February 25, 2013, 02:06:59 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on February 24, 2013, 10:57:14 PM
Source?  What I recall reading is that he said it's difficult to buy players from Milan, which would seem to speak to transfer fees rather than to salary.

The lowest paid Milan squad player probably get twice what our highest paid players gets so that is the problem not the transfer fee.  Milan is on a different level from us in all respects.
We Are Fulham, Believe.