watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Drink up Trig, we're Leaving

Started by Peabody, February 27, 2013, 02:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Just watching a repeat of Only Fools & Horse. The one were Del falls through the bar hatch. Still very funny.

Northern Cottager

Just beats the chandelier one to best moment that!

epsomraver

magical moments, people still refer to triggers broom he had 20 years and it had had 12 heads and 4 new handles," look after your broom" he said, Del boy says " and your broom will look after you"" no" says trigger," just look after your broom!"

Burt

One of those programs that you never tire of, no matter how often you see it.

Anything to do with Trig calling Rodney "Dave" does it for me.

Peabody

Still ranks for me as the best ever series. Can't decide whether this one today or the chandeliers was the funniest.

watfordwhite

:008: "Play it call Trig, play it cool!"  064.gif

The Equalizer

Rodders: "Where did you get that gun from?"
Del Boy: "Iggy Higgins."
Rodders: "but Iggy Higgins robs banks!"
Del Boy: "Yeah I know, but today is a Saturday!"

Genius.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Rupert

It's one of those series that works because they do not intentionally play it for laughs, well, they do, but it doesn't appear to be that way. The situaton is funny, as are their reactions, but they tend to be the sort of thing that could, just about, happen to anyone.
One I recall is where they had just buried the grandad, Del sees grandad's hat on the hearse and, in a tender moment, drops it in the grave, just as it starts to be filled.
Seconds later, along comes the vicar, oh, has anyone seen my hat?
Brilliant mix of pathos and slapstick.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

LBNo11

...not a series I was ever an avid watcher, but I did like to dip into it now and again. As Rupert mentions the comic genius was interspersed with pathos which always go hand in gauntlet together.

The episode where Rodney marries Cassandra and everyone leaves the reception and Del boy is on his own in the function room and the Simply Red song "Holding Back The Years" is playing always gets to me ("it's all right, I've just got something in my eye" moment). I loved reading that the  Producer Gareth Gwenlan recalls during filming of the scene writer John Sullivan anxiously commenting "Nobody's laughing." Gwenlan replied: "That's 'cause they're all crying."

Brilliant...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Peabody

Plus it's author John Sullivan, also wrote that well known Fulham supporter, Wolfie Smith, better known as Citizen Smith.

Banstead White

Quote from: Peabody on February 27, 2013, 04:25:37 PM
Plus it's author John Sullivan, also wrote that well known Fulham supporter, Wolfie Smith, better known as Citizen Smith.
Whilst on the subject (well close) who remember budgie bird ......another TV fulham fan.

Wolfie smith lost the faith when he turned out to be a derby fan in real life......
Roysie

Mr-ska

Quote from: Banstead White on February 27, 2013, 08:25:02 PM
Whilst on the subject (well close) who remember budgie bird ......another TV fulham fan.

Wolfie smith lost the faith when he turned out to be a derby fan in real life......
Was Budgie Adam Faith..  i remember talking to him about a year before he died about Fulham. His daughter was in a Netball competition that my then girlfriend was in...  and we stood together for about 30 minutes and talked Fulham. About 1986

Banstead White

Quote from: Mr-ska on February 27, 2013, 08:32:35 PM
Quote from: Banstead White on February 27, 2013, 08:25:02 PM

Was Budgie Adam Faith..  i remember talking to him about a year before he died about Fulham. His daughter was in a Netball competition that my then girlfriend was in...  and we stood together for about 30 minutes and talked Fulham. About 1986
Yes he was....Charlie endell was the villain I think.....when I used to go and watch my old dad at the driving range at Esher I used to see him there.....Adam Faith wasnt his real name either of course......:)
Roysie

grandad

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 27, 2013, 03:49:39 PM
Rodders: "Where did you get that gun from?"
Del Boy: "Iggy Higgins."
Rodders: "but Iggy Higgins robs banks!"
Del Boy: "Yeah I know, but today is a Saturday!"

Genius.
In that episode I loved it when Del fired from the hip with the sawn off shotgun at clay pigeons
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

"Whats the French for duck Rodders?"
"Canard Del"
"I know it´s hard but what is it"
Where there's a will there's a wife

PLB

Come on, no mention of The Groovy Gang?!

Rodney! Don't go mad! ...as he's winning a skateboard race!

epsomraver

bat man and Robin coming through the mist was classic, as was Del's " Pratmobile" "Rackell" says " we have to drive with all the windows up in the hot weather so you can pretend you have air conditioning" Every body knows a " Dell" I know  the real trigger who Sullivan based his character on, he was bloke called Colin who he had been friends with since their childhood in Balham.

gang

cwying does it for me, I can't even listen to Roy Orbison singing it without thinking of that episode.

Peabody

Just a question to our Americans, was the series ever shown over there and if it was, how was it received?