watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why are Fulham Forums so poor?

Started by Alternative, March 02, 2013, 12:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alternative

The one on the official side was so bad it had to be withdrawn.

Others are lifeless and boring.

How can Brentford fans have a forum that is so much better than anything Fulham can offer?

Griffin Park Grapevine http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/forum.php   is full of threads and posts. No subjects are off limits over there. Yet it is well-moderated,funny and the posters are well-informed on football and other matters.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Probably because we a pacing ourselves or we are all posted -out ???
Can you imagine how bad we would be if we were  Brentford Supporters
......................we would have f -all to say !

Rupert

I suppose the trite answer would be that you can always enliven it yourself by starting up a series of fascinating and invigourating topics for the rest of us to join in.

Personally, I like this board, I like the way it is run, I have had several challenging conversations with people on here, I am able to disagree with them without falling out with them, I can have a laugh. Whether anyone else is amused by my ramblings is neither here nor there, it keeps me off the streets which must be good for the locals.

Vive la difference, as the French probably don't say.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

RaySmith

Well the Official  club forum had a  lot of the facilities that the Brentford one has, but  people abused the  forum imo - endless inane  'banter', often very abusive, and a many posts that actually seemed hostile to the club. It was an embarrassment.

I used to visit regularly,since i had always used the Official club board, but rarely posted on Cottage Corner, since there were few threads I felt I could contribute to - as  i only wanted to discuss Fulham mattters in a civilised way, and not to enage in a load of abuse and  puerile, adolescent humour.

When Cottage Corner closed down , i began to come here, and i find this forum a far more congenial - and generally welcoming place to discuss  the club we love in a friendly, non abusive way.

Lighthouse

Why is my life so poor? My official life was so bad it had to be withdrawn.

My other lives are lifeless and boring.

How can other people have better lives than anything my life can offer?

Still I could always be a Brentford fan. What would be the point of life then?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Alfayedslovechild

Quote from: Alternative on March 02, 2013, 12:29:10 PM
The one on the official side was so bad it had to be withdrawn.

Others are lifeless and boring.

How can Brentford fans have a forum that is so much better than anything Fulham can offer?

Griffin Park Grapevine http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/forum.php   is full of threads and posts. No subjects are off limits over there. Yet it is well-moderated,funny and the posters are well-informed on football and other matters.

Maybe if we're so lifeless and boring, you might want to consider having fun as a Brentford fan?

Berserker

I have worked with a life long Brentford fan for the last 21 years. She has never mentioned the forum but I'll ask her Monday what she thinks of it.

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

I would like to think that we are well moderated, occasionally funny, and well informed  :dft011:

Mr-ska

Youre always free to post on there then! I think Fulham Forums are generally good. i enjoy this board as im sure many others do.

TheDon

Quote from: Mr-ska on March 02, 2013, 06:00:30 PM
Youre always free to post on there then! I think Fulham Forums are generally good. i enjoy this board as im sure many others do.

over censored though

A Humble Man

Quote from: TheDon on March 02, 2013, 06:16:05 PM

over censored though

If you do not like the control on FOF the new Cottage Corner has no control.  What we need is something between the middle class gentleness of this mb and the after ten pints type discussion on CC.  That is perhaps the way the Brentford board feels.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

TheDon

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 02, 2013, 06:23:46 PM

over censored though

If you do not like the control on FOF the new Cottage Corner has no control.  What we need is something between the middle class gentleness of this mb and the after ten pints type discussion on CC.  That is perhaps the way the Brentford board feels.

touchy

Mr-ska

over censored though
Not at all.. 90% of the time we censor stuff that has been brought to our attention by members. We say no Politics or religion..  not alot to ask on a football forum. We  have a no swearing rule.. which is there to protect younger users.

TheDon

Quote from: Mr-ska on March 02, 2013, 06:35:25 PM

over censored though
Not at all.. 90% of the time we censor stuff that has been brought to our attention by members. We say no Politics or religion..  not alot to ask on a football forum. We  have a no swearing rule.. which is there to protect younger users.

protect younger users ?
seems like a saville alert is required

premFlem

brentwoods purple patch is reflected in their forums optimism it won't last.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Mr-ska

Quote from: TheDon on March 02, 2013, 06:41:50 PM

over censored though

protect younger users ?
Also maintains a standard.  Nothing wrong with that.

TheDon

Quote from: Mr-ska on March 02, 2013, 06:51:52 PM
Quote from: TheDon on March 02, 2013, 06:41:50 PM

over censored though

protect younger users ?
Also maintains a standard.  Nothing wrong with that.

haha

Berserker

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 02, 2013, 06:23:46 PM

over censored though

I like to think of myself as classless. Anyhow i just look at FOF  and the new cottage corner, just to get a bit of a mixture of styles
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Travers Barney

Have a little look on the Oatcake Stoke site this evening if we are talking forums...they really do seem to have had enough of that chap with the white reebok classics and baseball cap.

coyw
We are the whites

Burt

I love FOF, and I love you all  :group hug: