watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland Draw

Started by M i c K Y x FFC, March 02, 2013, 11:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M i c K Y x FFC

You can only blame two people for this draw, Berbatov and Senderos. Berbatov was useless in front of goal, penalties shouldn't be missed, so don't mention that. What does he need for confidence. Great goal last week, and a goal earlier in the game. If he wasn't confident, why not pass it, and that's what he should of done to Dejagah. And Senderos, what is wrong with him and mistakes. He has made Hangeland the player he used to be, and he has been good himself, but these mistakes are costing us. The only problem is, Hughes has shown nothing, and Senderos will start, but we do need to invest in a CB next season, we cannot live with these mistakes.

On another point, what does Emanuelson need to do to get a start. His pace really helped when he came on, and Duff was ineffective once again. I really like Duff, a Fulham legend, but when you're not playing well, you have to be dropped. Our next game is Spurs, depending on Chelsea, and we have no chance at all, especially with Bale at the moment, so just give Emanuelson, Petric, Enoh etc a game.

Finally, a positive point, Riether and Dejagah are absolutely brilliant. What a partnership down that right hand side. Really want to see Riether next year, I believe he is no doubt, our player of the year, and one of our best right backs in the premier league, with Finnan, and that goal will give him even more confidence. And Dejagah has been quality recently, his pace and connection with Riether is superb, and when he gets a goal, he will improve further.

It just shows, that in the premier league, you need pace down the wing. Riether and Dejagah both have pace, and are superb at the moment, but Riise and Duff really aren't. I would rather much prefer a Richardson-Emanuelson combination, as Duff and Riise get caught out too much because of lack of pace. Furthermore, with out two Forwards not being the fastest, pace on the wing is even more essential, and because Ruiz and Berbatov are our best forwards, pace is needed on the wing.

I would like to see this line up against Spurs, and considering Spurs pace:

-------------------Schwarzer-------------------
--Riether--Senderos--Hangeland--Richardson
--Dejagah--Sidwell--Karagounis--Emanuelson
-----------------Ruiz--Berbatov-----------------

JackyFulham90

I already posted this on a previous post, certainly agree with Emanuelson getting some starts

Lighthouse

Pace scares teams. So I would still put pace in the middle as well as wide. But if Ruiz and Berbatov are on the pitch together, best players we have and not being allowed to play 12 players. I guess having two wingers that can beat players is vital.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

St Eve

If we play either Senderos, Sidwell or Richardson against Spurs we will lose. If we play all three we will be destroyed

TonyGilroy

Blame - always satisfying but rarely fair.

alfie

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on March 02, 2013, 11:43:59 PM
You can only blame two people for this draw, Berbatov and Senderos. Berbatov was useless in front of goal, penalties shouldn't be missed, so don't mention that. What does he need for confidence. Great goal last week, and a goal earlier in the game. If he wasn't confident, why not pass it, and that's what he should of done to Dejagah. And Senderos, what is wrong with him and mistakes. He has made Hangeland the player he used to be, and he has been good himself, but these mistakes are costing us. The only problem is, Hughes has shown nothing, and Senderos will start, but we do need to invest in a CB next season, we cannot live with these mistakes.

On another point, what does Emanuelson need to do to get a start. His pace really helped when he came on, and Duff was ineffective once again. I really like Duff, a Fulham legend, but when you're not playing well, you have to be dropped. Our next game is Spurs, depending on Chelsea, and we have no chance at all, especially with Bale at the moment, so just give Emanuelson, Petric, Enoh etc a game.

Finally, a positive point, Riether and Dejagah are absolutely brilliant. What a partnership down that right hand side. Really want to see Riether next year, I believe he is no doubt, our player of the year, and one of our best right backs in the premier league, with Finnan, and that goal will give him even more confidence. And Dejagah has been quality recently, his pace and connection with Riether is superb, and when he gets a goal, he will improve further.

It just shows, that in the premier league, you need pace down the wing. Riether and Dejagah both have pace, and are superb at the moment, but Riise and Duff really aren't. I would rather much prefer a Richardson-Emanuelson combination, as Duff and Riise get caught out too much because of lack of pace. Furthermore, with out two Forwards not being the fastest, pace on the wing is even more essential, and because Ruiz and Berbatov are our best forwards, pace is needed on the wing.

I would like to see this line up against Spurs, and considering Spurs pace:

-------------------Schwarzer-------------------
--Riether--Senderos--Hangeland--Richardson
--Dejagah--Sidwell--Karagounis--Emanuelson
-----------------Ruiz--Berbatov-----------------

Senderos does his job getting the block in, and Sessingon is on the edge of the box completely unmarked, who's fault is that?

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

whiteinedinburgh

Sessegnong was excellent for Sunderland. He just kept running at our defence. Definitely a one man team, if they didn't have him they would be in serious trouble.

whiteinedinburgh

On another note. After Reither scored and ran across to celebrate with us and stood there arms outstretched accepting out acclaim. Thought that was brilliant! Instead of celebrating with his team mates he wanted to celebrate the fans. He looked over the moon with a big smile beaming all over the place. He seemed to be there of ages holding that pose even after the rest of the team started walking back to the centre. What a legend!

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on March 03, 2013, 10:36:12 AM
I'm not blaming anyone.

I blame Bill and Hillary Clinton.  :dft007:

and DeWitt Clinton and George Clinton.   :airfix:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Quote from: HatterDon on March 03, 2013, 02:15:39 PM
I'm not blaming anyone.

I bet Chelsea Clinton is feeling left out!

MOR :

Quote from: whiteinedinburgh on March 03, 2013, 11:27:20 AM
On another note. After Reither scored and ran across to celebrate with us and stood there arms outstretched accepting out acclaim. Thought that was brilliant! Instead of celebrating with his team mates he wanted to celebrate the fans. He looked over the moon with a big smile beaming all over the place. He seemed to be there of ages holding that pose even after the rest of the team started walking back to the centre. What a legend!

Sasha Riether goes to celebrate...

Holders

Riether and Dejagah are accustomed to playing with each other and look very good togather. I'm for Richardson on the left with whoever - I havn't seen Emanuelson play so can't comment on him.

No-one's mentioned that Schwarzer might have made a better attempt at saving that second goal.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: Burt on March 03, 2013, 06:27:16 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 03, 2013, 02:15:39 PM
I'm not blaming anyone.

I bet Chelsea Clinton is feeling left out!

So can we blame the US for Them?

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: Holders on March 04, 2013, 07:14:48 AM
Riether and Dejagah are accustomed to playing with each other and look very good togather. I'm for Richardson on the left with whoever - I havn't seen Emanuelson play so can't comment on him.

No-one's mentioned that Schwarzer might have made a better attempt at saving that second goal.

Both of Sunderlands goals were good, I would say that Schwarzer really didn't have a chance for either of them. Schwarzer has been good to us, and I would not be disappointed if he was with us next year.

Holders

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on March 04, 2013, 07:18:48 AM

Both of Sunderlands goals were good, I would say that Schwarzer really didn't have a chance for either of them. Schwarzer has been good to us, and I would not be disappointed if he was with us next year.

Yes, he has been good and I only saw it on TV but he did seem to have time to have got closer to it, it seemed to me, unless he was unsighted.

sipwell

Quote from: Holders on March 04, 2013, 07:41:02 AM
Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on March 04, 2013, 07:18:48 AM

Yes, he has been good and I only saw it on TV but he did seem to have time to have got closer to it, it seemed to me, unless he was unsighted.

Ball was changed direction by Senderos, wasn't it? I don't think Schwarz could have done anything to stop it.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

filham

The Ruiz pass to Berbatov for that missed chance was pure magic, if Ruiz/Berbatov can combine more in that manner then there is hope of attractive things to come.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: filham on March 04, 2013, 11:18:12 AM
The Ruiz pass to Berbatov for that missed chance was pure magic, if Ruiz/Berbatov can combine more in that manner then there is hope of attractive things to come.

They both seem to do nothing all game, but at least once a game, something like that happens, and if it leads to a goal, they are doing there job. It is a different style of play, of which no other team has, meaning two strikers, neither quick, but very skilful.