watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mousa Dembele - an interesting stat.

Started by Enter the Frei, March 03, 2013, 06:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enter the Frei

Spurs average 2.32 points/game with Mousa Dembélé on the pitch, and only 0.57 points without him. An extraordinary statistic and shows just how much of an impact he's had on that Spurs side.

PokerMatt

I knew it'd be far more with than without but that's unbelievable.

Just depressing to think how good we'd be with him and Berba in the same XI.

He's the kind of player who, once he's a huge part of how you play, is irreplaceable.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

CurryForMario

I was at the spurs game today (got offered a last minute ticket from my cousin) and he was running the midfield, and on his day Moussa is just simply unplayable.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Travers Barney

Works so hard too....aside from the average game he had against West Ham the other night he has been impressive in every game I've seen him in a Totttenham shirt.....delightful footballer.

coyw
We are the whites

Enter the Frei

he's become the complete central midfielder and IMO he'd start for every side in the league

grandad

He didn´t have one shot at goal & we complain about Ruiz not scoring more. He wasn´t that great today. Parker was better.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Enter the Frei

Quote from: grandad on March 03, 2013, 08:01:06 PM
He didn´t have one shot at goal & we complain about Ruiz not scoring more. He wasn´t that great today. Parker was better.

that's not his role in the team anymore, Ruiz plays a much more attacking role than Mousa does.

Terry Angus

Quote from: PokerMatt on March 03, 2013, 07:27:31 PM
I knew it'd be far more with than without but that's unbelievable.

Just depressing to think how good we'd be with him and Berba in the same XI.

He's the kind of player who, once he's a huge part of how you play, is irreplaceable.

+1.

the best player i've seen at fulham, except berbs, maybe

Snibbo

The BBC report of the Spurs v Arse match mentions him only twice - on the team list, and when he got substituted.

Of course, this could well be because of an incompetent reporter.

HatterDon

The all-day music festival I was involved in kept me from watching the match, or else I'd have given the definitive review. I've seen a lot of Dembele this season and -- most of the time -- he has looked very good. He was more fit to be Sandro's partner than Parker's, and I don't think we're seeing the best of him now. Remember he made a HUGE leap during the course of last season. He's still progressing, but not as dramatically as last season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HillingdonFFC

Think he was a lot more eye catching at Fulham, he seems to play in a far more withdrawn ,deeper role than what he did with us. Spurs fans I know love him, heard Graham Roberts talking about him on the radio saying he`s vital to spurs, a hugely influential player for them.

FFC1987

It was funny as I mentioned this stat but didn't see it was this high to a Spurs fan, and he said that in his words 'Dembele has been VERY dissappointing this season' and pretty much slated him. I told him, he's essentially the reason they are a top 4 team now, he rubbished it and said the team have been carrying him. Just an example of how fickle some fans are.

sipwell

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 04, 2013, 10:31:44 AM
It was funny as I mentioned this stat but didn't see it was this high to a Spurs fan, and he said that in his words 'Dembele has been VERY dissappointing this season' and pretty much slated him. I told him, he's essentially the reason they are a top 4 team now, he rubbished it and said the team have been carrying him. Just an example of how fickle some fans are.

The rubbish player who kicked them past Lyon?
I think hard working midfielders do not necessarily get the credit they deserve. Fans tend to be excited by attacking players (who score goals) and good, solid defenders. The rest is less important!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FFC1987

Moussa is my favourite player still, hes incredible.

Andy_M

On the ball the bloke is an absolute pleasure to watch. Off the ball his strength and tackling skills have been a massive miss for us.

In fact I just miss him full stop!
@got_maile

hn4fulham

Yep. We've definitely missed him. The kicker is that he was just getting into form and settled as well as carved out the right position and role for himself. Had one significant year for us, really.  He is young too but we all know he was going to move on.  Can't dwell on his loss too much because he was always going to move on.  With all that said, it doesn't mean that I don't always wonder how good this team would be with him and the other Dem in the current team.