watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Easter Flash Crowd

Started by SP, March 06, 2013, 06:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

A lad at work & his friends are planning an Easter trip to an unidentified non-league or Division 3 fixture in the London area.  Basically, they're looking to select a game expecting a crowd of a couple of hundred & attempt to get a few thousand to attend & pack the terraces. I'm not sure about the logistics but I expect they announce the fixture an hour or so before the kick-off.  I'm too old for this sort of mularky but could be fun?

epsomraver

No, especially if they have to pay to get in and have to stay and watch!On a serious note it could dangerous for so many to turn up unexpected with few stewards and segregation

Nick the Swede

A similar thing was done here in Sweden a few years back. 

A group of friends walked by a youth game (8-9 year olds) one sunday morning and thought that it was a shame that the attendance was less than 20 people and mainly parents to the players. So they thought the boys deserved a good crowd for a game.

Through social media they tried to recruit "fans for a day" and a couple of weeks later, at the announced game, more than 1000 ppl showed up early in the morning. For the first half they cheered the home team and for the second they started backing the away team.

The kids, as one can expect, was over the moon with the event and the attention!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

domprague

Announcing the game an hour before kick off is a bit limiting.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

King_Crud

Quote from: Nick the Swede on March 07, 2013, 06:36:53 AM
A similar thing was done here in Sweden a few years back. 

A group of friends walked by a youth game (8-9 year olds) one sunday morning and thought that it was a shame that the attendance was less than 20 people and mainly parents to the players. So they thought the boys deserved a good crowd for a game.

Through social media they tried to recruit "fans for a day" and a couple of weeks later, at the announced game, more than 1000 ppl showed up early in the morning. For the first half they cheered the home team and for the second they started backing the away team.

The kids, as one can expect, was over the moon with the event and the attention!

yeah i seem to recall seeing a youtube video of something similar in Eastern Europe. It was something like the Red Star Belgrade Ultras turning up for a teenagers game in a sport hall, with flares and all the noise.

SouthfieldWhite

On YouTube , search lech Poznan v spurs u12s

Fulham were also in this tournament and drew with spurs in the group stage, if they had beaten spurs they'd of played lech Poznan in the final, remember this is an under 12s game