https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Papa Smurf to Return?

Started by TWFL, March 10, 2013, 10:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: epsomraver on March 15, 2013, 04:08:59 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on March 15, 2013, 03:54:36 PM

How easy would it be for the club to then hand over to DM and keep the fans happy if Jol was given the boot?

One can only hope

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

. . . using the man-management skills he has employed to inspire his Blackburn teammates I presume.

epsomraver

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 15, 2013, 07:10:32 PM

How easy would it be for the club to then hand over to DM and keep the fans happy if Jol was given the boot?

One can only hope

. . . using the man-management skills he has employed to inspire his Blackburn teammates I presume.
[/quote]

Oh so Jol has man management skills has he? fp.gif

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: epsomraver on March 15, 2013, 07:15:29 PM

One can only hope

[/quote]

Yes.

DiegoFulham

Quote from: rusty shackleford on March 15, 2013, 01:47:42 PM
Jol dismisses reports linking Danny Murphy with a return to #ffc as a coach

as he did about the Zamora, Dempsey, AJ and Dickson bust ups?
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Bassey the warrior

One can only hope

[/quote]

If his man management skills are so bad then why do so many ex-players come play for him again? Some like Berbatov and Emanuelson and Stekelenburg who had supposedly agreed personal terms would never come to the club without him at the helm.
He's uncompromising, doesn't react well to dissent. So some players will fall out with him, but the same can be said for many great managers. Ferguson, Guardiola, Mourinho. All have been known to fall out with players. Even Redknapp (see David Bentley).

epsomraver

So he has none then? man management skills are not just managing your favourites , it is about managing the non favourites, Berba came because he was 1. offered a good wedge 2. his family wanted to stay in the UK, 3. Jol gives him first team football as long as he is fit, nothing about Jol's skills as  a manager at all.

HatterDon

Quote from: The Moose on March 15, 2013, 07:46:37 PM

One can only hope

If his man management skills are so bad then why do so many ex-players come play for him again? Some like Berbatov and Emanuelson and Stekelenburg who had supposedly agreed personal terms would never come to the club without him at the helm.
He's uncompromising, doesn't react well to dissent. So some players will fall out with him, but the same can be said for many great managers. Ferguson, Guardiola, Mourinho. All have been known to fall out with players. Even Redknapp (see David Bentley).
[/quote]

I'm sorry, Mr. Bulwinkle, but putting Jol in with those people is laughable. I know Jol has a lot of acolytes on the site, but he's not really accomplished anywhere near the success as those three.

As far as Bentley, he can't get along with anybody.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: HatterDon on March 15, 2013, 08:26:30 PM
Quote from: The Moose on March 15, 2013, 07:46:37 PM

One can only hope

I'm sorry, Mr. Bulwinkle, but putting Jol in with those people is laughable. I know Jol has a lot of acolytes on the site, but he's not really accomplished anywhere near the success as those three.

As far as Bentley, he can't get along with anybody.
[/quote]

You missed the point completely. My point was that even the best managers fall out with players.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: epsomraver on March 15, 2013, 08:02:24 PM
So he has none then? man management skills are not just managing your favourites , it is about managing the non favourites, Berba came because he was 1. offered a good wedge 2. his family wanted to stay in the UK, 3. Jol gives him first team football as long as he is fit, nothing about Jol's skills as  a manager at all.

Who has he mismanaged exactly? He had a well publicised falling out with Zamora but Zamora was being a c**k.
He's given most players a decent chance to stake their claim.