more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Papa Smurf to Return?

Started by TWFL, March 10, 2013, 10:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWFL

Would love it...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfer-news-danny-murphy-1755580?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

By Alan Nixon
Rovers return: Danny Murphy to quit Blackburn for Fulham backroom job

10 Mar 2013 22:30
The veteran midfielder quit Craven Cottage last summer to join Championship side but is in talks to cancel the deal now

Fulham hero: Danny Murphy in his Craven Cottage days
Fulham are ready to make a surprise move to bring Danny Murphy back to the club – and give him a job behind the scenes.             

Veteran midfielder Murphy quit Craven Cottage at the end of last season to join Blackburn on a lucrative contract, but now he could head back to his 'home'.

Murphy is in talks to cancel his deal at Blackburn after being stripped of the captaincy and left out of the first-team training group ahead of an early exit.             

And Fulham have lined up a post for him, with some coaching duties and promotional work for the London club - who have been trying to tempt him back recently.             

Murphy, who has been taking his coaching badges, has just moved into a new house in the capital and would prefer to return after an unhappy spell in Lancashire.

TommyBarrs

Who here would have Danny boy back? if he's going to quit now, we should go get him, he will be able to play a part for us until the end of the season. with a coaching job next season, or a player/Coach job, he deserves it. he shouldn't of been able to leave in the first place he's a Fulham legend.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfer-news-danny-murphy-1755580?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Admin

As part of the coaching/management staff yes, player no.

twang

I don't think a player that becomes a free agent after a transfer window closes can join a new club until the next transfer window opens.

Would love to have Danny back at the club in some kind of role though.

JackyFulham90

Would love him back in a coaching role but not playing Karagounis has far more to offer

Scrumpy

Quote from: irishfulham on March 10, 2013, 11:02:41 PM
sorry dude but your an idiot he cant cut it in the championchip legs are gone im afraid great player in his day but hes well past it now he wouldnt last 1 half in the premiership now

Well the article talks about a PR or Coaching role. I'd have him back in a flash.

Definitely a future Fulham Manager.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

GodfatherJol

As long as his role is only off the field (as the article suggests), then this is great news! Danny's coming home!

Lighthouse

This would be a great boost to the club. Murphy was such a big part of our recent history. We never replaced the 'old' Murphy on the pitch. So to have hime back working as a coach or whatever would be great to see. His wife was so patient and charming to Fulham fans on Twitter that the family seem part of what makes our club still hold on to family values.

His playing days may be behind him and this level but we must hope we don't let his experience go somewhere else.

Hope it's true.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jambo

Welcome him back with open arms, lots offer either with the youth sides or more likely the first team.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Jambo

Forgot to add, he is a genuine ffc legend.  Capt during our greatest 2 seasons and THAT goal v Pompey.  Come home danny
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

RidgeRider

the report I read was back office guy. Great news.

Whiteroom

Just the kind of guy that Fulham want. An honest and intelligent guy. I always thought he would make a great coach or manager. It would be brilliant if he came 'home'!

Jack Fulham

I assume Rovers can terminate his contract at any time if he agrees though?

I'm sure he's on quite a bit of money and by the looks of things, they don't really want him. Would love him back at Fulham, our most successful captain. They don't make players in England like Danny Murphy anymore :Haynes The Maestro:

zschwartz

it is a no brainer, get the man back; experience and class.

Berserker

love him back, one of my favourites
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

JBH

Yes stick him with Steve Wigley with the academy kids to learn his trade and gain his badges but don't let him get involved with the 1st team just yet

RaySmith

He's black and white,
he loves the fight.
He's white and black,
bring him back.

He's black and red,
inside his head.
He is Fulham,
from when he wakes ,
to when he goes to bed.

Danny would do a good job at Fulham - he belongs here.

cebu

I have no problems with Danny returning in the coaching or PR side of things, if that's what the club wants. I can't really see him as a first team regular anymore though ...
... but I also thought that Kara wouldn't make too much of an impact on the first team, when he first signed for Fulham! Oh well ...  fp.gif

Burt

His legs aren't up to it any more.

But there's nowt wrong with his brain, so it would be good to get him in on the coaching side of things.

premFlem

You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away