watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Miranda hart all over TV and radio like a rash! NFR

Started by epsomraver, March 15, 2013, 05:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

What a gormless lump and red nose day .............. :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007:

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mr-ska

She drives me mad..  as does Lenny Henry and Jo Brand.  Red Nose day is so contrived. Even though its for a good cause.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

ron

Do we mean Miranda Hart, who would be conceivably described as a "Gormless Lump"..?

...oops, sorry Rhys, you beat me to it !

HatterDon

I don't think I know Miranda Samantha Amanda, I've never been a fan of Lenny Henry, and Jo Brand is acceptable in only very small doses.

Having said that, Red Nose Day raises a ton of money for causes that need it badly. If those three offend you, don't watch, but do try to refrain from slagging off the event.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Yes it is Miranda, thanks for the correct name of the gormless lump!

epsomraver

Quote from: HatterDon on March 15, 2013, 07:07:47 PM
I don't think I know Miranda Samantha Amanda, I've never been a fan of Lenny Henry, and Jo Brand is acceptable in only very small doses.

Having said that, Red Nose Day raises a ton of money for causes that need it badly. If those three offend you, don't watch, but do try to refrain from slagging off the event.

Why not? it is contrived, full of people doing " things" they have just thought of yet have been rehearsing for weeks, Lenny Henry, don't tempt me, shame he didn't stay buried under Dawn French, Any charity that goes to Africa I would not support because it does not always reach the people who need it, £ 48 million  went " missing " from the Tsurnami appeal and never been seen since and no one seems bothered or  as to where it went, Children in need I support as it is for UK kids only. Charity begins at home.

Scrumpy

Well, it's one of my favourite evenings. I love all the TV, and the fact that celebrities give their time to raise money for good causes, no matter how contrived.

It raised over £100 million for good causes last time.......

oh, and by the way, that included well over £40 million for UK charities.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

epsomraver

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 15, 2013, 07:41:54 PM
Well, it's one of my favourite evenings. I love all the TV, and the fact that celebrities give their time to raise money for good causes, no matter how contrived.

It raised over £100 million for good causes last time.......

oh, and by the way, that included well over £40 million for UK charities.

Not that good at the moment then? 086.gif

Burt

A Humble Man

I think she is very funny more than these foul mouthed so called comics that the kids like.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Lighthouse

Found the bits of Red Nose Day I watched embarrasing as usual. But did anybody watch the Mallory film on BBC2? Thought it was really good. As for Miranda Hart, not very good in anything. I like Call The Midwife (tell nobody) but she is very amateurish in that as well.

Not sure why we have to give to charity and do the job of our Governments and be punished for poor television entertainment that we have to pay for in a licence fee. How often to we have to pay for rubbish AND help the many charities. I give to the ones I want to without putting up with overpaid celebs telling me about the worst off.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr-ska

It was toe curling.. awful  But if it helps people im can put up with it for one night!  The way some presenters kept calling Lenny Henry a 'legend' was making me a Mr Angry of Woking.

epsomraver

Not quite the word that springs to mind when he comes on, he would be lost without the poor black man jokes that only he can tell!

JHaynes Paperboy

I've got a remote control with my TV, if I don't like what's on I change channels.

filham

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 15, 2013, 10:48:18 PM
I think she is very funny more than these foul mouthed so called comics that the kids like.
[/quote

Yes I find Miranda entertaining in a good and friendly manner which is unusual these days. Most of the modern comedians  manage to be offensive without being funny.

Mr-ska

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on March 16, 2013, 10:20:01 AM
I've got a remote control with my TV, if I don't like what's on I change channels.
I prefer to sit there and seethe... ha ha

epsomraver

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on March 16, 2013, 10:20:01 AM

To what? the whole of the BBC is full of it! put it on BBC 3 for all the " give it up" " Like"  like "  "amazzzin "cos some bird has shaved her  head FFS!  :dft007: let us have our normal Friday night garbage instead.As for your remote control, get modern, I only have to wave at my tele to change channels, gets a problem when the babe channel is on though :021:

Berserker

Just sit in a quiet back street pub instead sipping ale, or in my case cider
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.