watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The "Senderos was good today" thread

Started by T.G., March 17, 2013, 05:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Glad to see hes starting to cut out the mistakes and make less and less, him and Hangeland are making a nice pairing at the minute. Lets hope Hangeland signs.

Lighthouse

I think when he makes mistakes, they are punished or in a dangerous areas where you feel he should have done better. But Senderos is handy when the team are being peppered with high balls and crosses. We have appeared to be better with him around. Although not sure Brede plays better. Past few games they have seemed close to being back to form so maybe Brede just needed to get used to Senderos again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Max Headroom

Senderos is generally pretty good, but when he makes mistakes they are howlers, and unluckily for him have generally altered results. But everyone makes mistakes

He had a great game on Saturday, and I didn't think I would hear myself say it, but I prefer him in the team to Hughes....

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: Burt on March 17, 2013, 05:26:43 PM
At risk of causing outrage amongst those who love a good witch-hunt, he has actually been pretty solid for some time now.

Today is just a continuing progression in the form we have been seeing from him recently.
Totally agree,some folks just cant wait to see him make
a mistake...
Been very good since he came back in ...

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on March 17, 2013, 09:29:24 PM

I don't understand this, I've watched countless football matches at various levels over the past 48 years, and I have NEVER seen a player play a game without making a mistake -- not Pele, not Cruyff, not Beckenbauer, not even Bobby Moore. If Senderos has to consistently play better than those four did in order to be "acceptable" to Fulham supporters, I just don't know what to say.

Not all Fulham supporters. While I wouldn't go to the lengths that our red nosed, sleigh pulling friend sometimes does to defend Big Phil, I haven't criticised him either. I recognise that all our defenders are capable of the odd mistake, yes, even St Brede, but I also see and hear at games that there are a sizable minority who seem to want Senderos to make a mistake, just so they can say "told you so". Senderos can make a mistake, and you hear lots of "typical Senderos" comments, then somebody popular like Sidwell will pass a square ball to an opponent, putting us in terrible trouble, yet nobody seems to think this is anything to complain about.
Maybe the silent majority ought to point this out to the minority, next time it happens.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

The Equalizer

I've been one of the louder opponents of Senderos since he joined, and I believe that it was justified. Previously.

I'm very happy to say that he has improved his game a hell of a lot and is looking like a very strong defender. I won't say I was wrong, but his game has changed and I'm very happy to be on his side finally.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

west kowloon white

Really nice to see the above comments-he got some praise on the feed I got once they'd stopped pandering to mighty Spurs / bale and his sponge need( as didn't get into a good diving position.)
Good tactics from someone( other than Jol of course) and Duff deserves the credit too

MJG

Tin hat is on...yes he (as all the team) did well yesterday, against a quite blunt spurs attack.
But my view of Senderos is and will be the same. Fine as a backup player, but for a first choice 30 game a season centre back, its a no from me.

St Eve

Quote from: The Equalizer on March 18, 2013, 10:34:07 AM
I've been one of the louder opponents of Senderos since he joined, and I believe that it was justified. Previously.

I'm very happy to say that he has improved his game a hell of a lot and is looking like a very strong defender. I won't say I was wrong, but his game has changed and I'm very happy to be on his side finally.
Hey Equalizer. Good meeting you in Putney last week. shame the Chelsea game was postponed, but we will have to win withiut me now

Rudolph

Quote from: MJG on March 18, 2013, 11:22:23 AM
Tin hat is on...yes he (as all the team) did well yesterday, against a quite blunt spurs attack.
But my view of Senderos is and will be the same. Fine as a backup player, but for a first choice 30 game a season centre back, its a no from me.

Would you have Hughes in the side ahead of him?

MJG

Quote from: Rudolph on March 18, 2013, 11:45:08 AM
Quote from: MJG on March 18, 2013, 11:22:23 AMTin hat is on...yes he (as all the team) did well yesterday, against a quite blunt spurs attack.

Would you have Hughes in the side ahead of him?
of the players available Hughes would be my first choice. On form currently then Senderos does not deserve to be dropped.

I make no bones about it I don't rate Senderos, just as you don't rate Hughes.

Barrie

Spot on. 

The Equalizer

Quote from: St Eve on March 18, 2013, 11:34:13 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on March 18, 2013, 10:34:07 AM

Hey Equalizer. Good meeting you in Putney last week. shame the Chelsea game was postponed, but we will have to win withiut me now

Likewise mate! It's always nice bumping into a visitor from afar in my local in Putney. When my friend Liam introduced you as having come from across the dip, I had an instinctual feeling that you'd be a poster from FoF!

Better luck with the fixtures next time!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

filham

Best defensive prformance by us all season and Senderos played his part well.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

+ 1

A Humble Man

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on March 18, 2013, 03:04:24 PM

+ 1

The Spurs attack was only blunt because we blunted it by a whole team defensive display.  The opposition can only play as well as you let them.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rudolph

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 18, 2013, 03:13:11 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on March 18, 2013, 03:04:24 PM

+ 1

The Spurs attack was only blunt because we blunted it by a whole team defensive display.  The opposition can only play as well as you let them.

I'm hoping that bit is tongue in cheek as to not go overboard with praise

Yesterday was a fine win against free scoring opposition.

JackyFulham90

I have been impressed with Senderos in the last 5 games I've seen him, was never a fan I will admit that, yes he makes some silly mistakes sometimes but he is really good in the air & quite good on the ball, him & Hangeland are playing well at the moment

Classic94

I can understand why Senderos draws criticism. He is error-prone, but if he could eliminate the occasional blip then he would be a top defender. This said, in the last 5/6 matches he's been solid so I have no complaints.

A Humble Man

Quote from: Classic94 on March 18, 2013, 05:54:54 PM
I can understand why Senderos draws criticism. He is error-prone, but if he could eliminate the occasional blip then he would be a top defender. This said, in the last 5/6 matches he's been solid so I have no complaints.

Senderos is a very unlucky player as everyone makes mistake but when he makes one it nearly always costs a goal.  I hope his luck has turned.
We Are Fulham, Believe.